It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese firm claims its hydrogen-powered car can travel 500km fuelled by water

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I will believe it when I see it.. Or... We will never see it in the west simply because (add reason here_______________ as there are many).

There have been others who have claimed the same thing but they seem to have died or been proven hoaxes.. I for one hope this is the real deal..

A car company based in central China claimed it has built a hydrogen-powered vehicle that could travel up to 500 kilometres powered only by water.

The prototype made by Qingnian Cars in Nanyang, a city in Henan province, made its maiden journey on Wednesday when local Communist Party chiefs visited the plant, according to the Nanyang Daily newspaper.

Pang explained that its engine ran on hydrogen produced by a chemical reaction when a catalyst is applied to a mixture of aluminium powder and water.

“The water that we are using is ours, we don’t have to go to the Middle East to buy [petrol]. Water is not polluting either,” Pang said.

www.scmp.com...

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

I liked the comment.....
'This guy is a cheater in China...'

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 09:24 AM
link   
There's no way the global oil companies are going to ever allow the public to have vehicles that run on water, burning clean hydrogen.

Even if it requires WAR to prevent it.

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky
I will believe it when I see it.. Or... We will never see it in the west simply because (add reason here_______________ as there are many).

There have been others who have claimed the same thing but they seem to have died or been proven hoaxes.. I for one hope this is the real deal..

Personally I think we must be near to a company "finally" getting the green light to produce a mass production vehicle with this tech, the other designs where just far to ahead of the curve.

The oil industry will be on it's ass in the next decade (comparable to years previous) and there is so much going on within major world cities now that Green energy is about to make a massive impact. I just do not think it is a option anymore to hide it or to send someone to float with the fish's.

The middle east has a lot riding on new energy sources and it is fairly clear they are looking to invest and secure their future finances by getting a hand in with whatever power source is the next big thing. If the Chinese Government does not
Show interest in this but backers from the middle east jump at it then you know it could very well be the real deal.

Once this tech does become commercially viable oil consumption will plummet overnight. Sources say that the actual year of a massive down turn will be 2025 and I heard that early last year. I would say 5 years is just about right to fill show rooms with a model for the people. With the absurd taxation situation in a lot of cities with current gas vehicles it make sense for both consumer and supplier to find a alternative quickly...

If Stanley Meyers was correct ith his invention we could have had this years ago... RIP...

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 09:36 AM
link   

hoax. I have been told time and again, this isn't possible. Physics guys said so. They even have a thread where you can go get schooled for believing in junk like this.

Everything known about science is known. The rules have been established. Now this company will be bought out and closed, as we usually do with frauds.

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Petra137

The oil companies are not going anywhere.
Even if gasoline consumption drops you didnt replace the diesel used by rail roads, agriculture or semis..
Airlines will not be flying on hydrogen.
The plastic industry will still need to be supplied by the petrochemical companies.

Dont forget about the taxes that are placed on gas either. The feds and states will be taxing the crap out of hydrogen cars to replace the lost revenue...

Sunshine and lollipops...

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: ausername
There's no way the global oil companies are going to ever allow the public to have vehicles that run on water, burning clean hydrogen.

Even if it requires WAR to prevent it.

Have a look at what is happening within the middle east right now. If they are not turning their economy into financial hubs that cut out masses of red tape for international invester's such as Dubai they are currently investing heavily into what new tech will be the one that replaces the world dependency for oil. It is obvious they are hedging their bets knowing that the oil trade is in it's final stages relative to previous decades, price per barrel tells you that. They want to have similar control and influence as now. You cannot do that as a penniless bankrupt state.Get in early, trademark everything and carry on as you have all be it without the dangerous and high paid oil jobs, meaning the next generation will not have such a easy ride financially once clean energy is a thing.

More than likely Hydrogen power or whatever else comes next ill be heavily tied to the Gulf states that is obvious. 20 years ago you could hide new tech it is much harder now with emerging economies, sadly for the west they sold all their industry and with it production and skilled labour (Thinking UK), it makes sense that somewhere like China that is full speed ahead with production would have something like this...
edit on 29-5-2019 by Petra137 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 09:57 AM
link   

The catalyst might be a real claim?

Traditionally

The Truth About Water-Powered Cars: Mechanic's Diary

www.popularmechanics.com...

Here's the deal, people: There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.

There is energy in water. Chemically, it's locked up in the atomic bonds between the hydrogen and oxygen atoms. When the hydrogen and oxygen combine, whether it's in a fuel cell, internal combustion engine running on hydrogen, or a jury-rigged pickup truck with an electrolysis cell in the bed, there's energy left over in the form of heat or electrons. That's converted to mechanical energy by the pistons and crankshaft or electrical motors to move the vehicle.

Problem: It takes exactly the same amount of energy to pry those hydrogen and oxygen atoms apart inside the electrolysis cell as you get back when they recombine inside the fuel cell. The laws of thermodynamics haven't changed, in spite of any hype you read on some blog or news aggregator. Subtract the losses to heat in the engine and alternator and electrolysis cell, and you're losing energy, not gaining it--period.

Another example. There are carburetors that will aid an engine in getting 80 miles to the gallon. They only work with a 50 cc engine. Your just not going to get 80 miles to the gallon from a 454 big block.

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 09:59 AM
link   
The cars that burn water are real, they have been blasted tooth and nail by the gas and oil industry and also by manufacturers of engines. A little organics in the water can make the usability much easier. The person I know who patented one of the engines that burns mostly water was blocked from the patent being sold because they could not verify emissions even though there was hardly any emmisions. Seems that the emissions varied by how much organics was added to the water, so it varied by user since nobody needed to buy gas anymore. Look at how many people working in the gas and fuel industry, look at all the jobs lost. No more gas station employees, it would destroy our present economy.

The guy I know who designed the car used a regular engine, calalytic converters, and the engine had to start on gas then it switched over. They put thousands of miles on that car and it is still being used. There is also the HHO engine conversions.

We are being controlled by society and big business, even the climate change people do not recognize this engine as a way to help, they want tax money off of fuel, they do not want to fix things.

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: ausername

exactly.
totally sucks, but those banking families like the r0tshchilds, the intenati0nalists ruling the world, would never let us have clean energy, unless they can profit off it.

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

originally posted by: neutronflux

The catalyst might be a real claim?

The article is at best misleading, when it says "powered only by water". As network dude and neutronflux say it's known why the laws of physics don't provide for that, so in isolation that statement would indeed be a hoax. But if you read the article carefully, it says "Pang explained that its engine ran on hydrogen produced by a chemical reaction when a catalyst is applied to a mixture of aluminium powder and water. "

Note that's a different claim than "powered only by water", if it also uses aluminum powder and a catalyst. This is no secret, the US Department of Energy published this paper in 2008 talking about that type of chemical reaction:

www1.eere.energy.gov...

In this case water is not exactly the fuel, it's hydrogen produced by the chemical reaction between water and aluminum, and you need at least 9 kg of Aluminum to produce 1 kg of hydrogen assuming 100% efficiency, and since 100% efficiency is rarely achieved, you probably need more than that. So that paper estimated the cost in 2008 USD of this method, it's not "free":

Cost: $7 per kg H2 (based on the cost of electricity for aluminum production considering only the reduction of alumina to aluminum step)

Also, remember your economics, what happens to prices when demand for something goes up? The price can go up too, so if this method became widespread, demand for aluminum would increase and depending on some factors this could result in more demand for aluminum and possibly an increase in aluminum prices. The $7 per kg of H2 doesn't take that into account.

However it is entertaining to read the nutty conspiracy comments from people who don't seem to have any idea of how this chemical reaction works.

edit on 2019529 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 10:33 AM
link   
if the cost for aluminum was the determining factor for a fuel that had little to no emissions, is it not a logical hypothesis that more interest in making aluminum available might drive costs down and make a planet saving choice also as economical as burning gasoline which does have some emissions?

I only ask as low to no emissions would seemingly help everyone with some recently discussed issues. Something about warming......

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 10:39 AM
link   

“The water that we are using is ours, we don’t have to go to the Middle East to buy [petrol]. Water is not polluting either,” Pang said.

In other words, our water in China is so polluted it burns....

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 10:42 AM
link   

I totally believe it.

There are a lot of inventions/discoveries out there that have been suppressed.

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
There are a lot of inventions/discoveries out there that have been proven to be crap.

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude
There's a lot of interest in saving the planet. But increasing interest doesn't necessarily lead to decreased prices.

Look at the beanie baby market, when interest was high, prices were high, when interest dropped so did prices, so that can happen.

There's too much interest in aluminum already without aluminum powered cars, so for the coming years at least, there's an aluminum shortage. Longer term is harder to predict because it takes big investments to increase aluminum capacity.

Global aluminium market to remain undersupplied over coming years — report

Also note that it takes a lot of electricity to produce aluminum, so you have to ask where that electricity is coming from. If fossil fuels are being burned to create the electricity, using aluminum is not exactly saving the planet, even if it seems "cleaner" to the end user. This is a concern with many hydrogen production/storage methods.

edit on 2019529 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

hoax. I have been told time and again, this isn't possible. Physics guys said so. They even have a thread where you can go get schooled for believing in junk like this.

Everything known about science is known. The rules have been established. Now this company will be bought out and closed, as we usually do with frauds.

Ummm…I know...right

Those dastardly do badders…

YouSir

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: ausername

Oh they certainly would when they announce water shortage and make you pay the price as oil.. that will be coming soon. Water pandemic.

In any case people have ran their cars on water before, it works . If you know what you are doing. Which I don't

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Hydrogen fuel cells run on this equation

H2 + O2 ---> H2O

Mitochondria use a similar reaction to create ATP for biological life.

This Chinese company is using a similar reaction. Aluminum and water react to form energy for the car, with aluminum oxides as a by-product. Aluminum oxides are apparently easy to recycle, so it wouldn't be much of a waste problem.
edit on 29-5-2019 by cooperton because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 12:27 PM
link   
All hydrogen based vehicles are all fuel cells (FC). They are reacting hydrogen to make electricity but from gas, not liquid.

Running directly from liquid? Too touchy. The chemistry has to be completely spot on. Any impurities gunk up FC membranes which is why they evolve hydrogen from water separately. Used to have to have two tanks and a lot of electricity but that is slowly changing. The Nikola semi-trucks are supposed to be built with hydrogen generators built in (a tank holding water, makes the gas that is pumped into the FC) but that is some future model (they even are thinking of ambient moisture so they scrub the air, take in moisture, make hydrogen and pump out clean air and oxygen). There was an announcement from Scotland (IIRC) where they were using a liquid electrolyte to fill tank but that was just a version of a mobile redox flow battery.

Those are the two vehicles running off liquid that I know of and one is an electric vehicle not a hydrogen one. Neither are in production. The only other announcement was from Australia where they ran off ammonia and had some kind of membrane that converted it over to hydrogen. I think it was proof of concept because there is not a fleet running around on ammonia that I know of!

China loves to brag about their "achievements" like when Germany announced W7-X reach 50 million degrees the next day China had a state run report saying they reached 100 million degrees! They never said if it was the plasma or the ions that reached that temperature or for how long. Turned out it was the ions. Just this last year South Korea became the first nation to reach 100 million degrees Celsius in a tokamak fusion reactor. So I would be very suspect of any news report and would like to see an alternate source.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join