It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google Earth 37°24'05.7"N 116°52'04.1"W

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2019 @ 11:55 PM
link   
a reply to: mtnshredder
From what I have read about air to ground ranges, they tend to have the following.
A tank/armored target
A train on rails
A mock airstrip/hangar with mock aircraft
A small group of buildings
A marksmanship target
and simulated dug in positions for infantry.

In the picture I posted you can see most of those, the mock airstrip (with hangars and aircraft) is just south of what is in the picture.

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 12:03 AM
link   

They use shipping containers for buildings a lot and drop inert munitions through them so they can use the targeting pods and train with PGMs. There's one in Sweetwater that you can hear them using occasionally on the scanner. They'll call out "survivors" and targets of opportunity.

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 12:58 AM
link   
a reply to: LookingAtMars

This is just a training site as Zaphod has pointed.
That star is there to help with accurate targeting.
The other structures are to help analyze the munition used. These structures are often replaced.
Check back on this location in a month or two and you will notice this.

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 01:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

It actually looks like an SA-2 Star of David in the first one.

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 01:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

As creepy as that is yes it does.
But I would imagine it is not intended for any nefarious reason.
You would know better than I though.

Is it?

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 01:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

It's a standard layout with the command vehicle in the center, and the launchers around it. I can't be absolutely certain, but I'd say it is.

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 07:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

They're training areas. First is a SAM site, looks like a train, the bottom is an airfield.

I agree.
The US has a number of simulated SAM set ups for training purposes. This may be a SA-2 site that is simulated.
Nevermind, I see you already covered it.
edit on b000000312019-05-29T07:15:49-05:0007America/ChicagoWed, 29 May 2019 07:15:49 -0500700000019 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 08:09 AM
link   

This is a bombing range. These are mock targets for practice. The last pic is a simulated air field.

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

They use shipping containers for buildings a lot and drop inert munitions through them so they can use the targeting pods and train with PGMs. There's one in Sweetwater that you can hear them using occasionally on the scanner. They'll call out "survivors" and targets of opportunity.

There was a cool video a few years ago I think of the B-2 dropping a bunch of inert bombs on a setup like this and showing how accurately it could hit, usually within a meter or two. I've been looking on YouTube but can't find it.

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 10:58 AM
link   

I found that area awhile back turns out to be a training range .

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Yep, just the Nevada test and training range. Area 51 and nuclear tests were done in the area.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 02:52 PM
link   

An internet post had these coordinates in it with no explanation about what or why.

Where was this internet post at ?
What was the subject content of the page it was posted on ?

I'm asking more questions b/c u pointed it out as if it were odd so I want to know more about the context of where it was posted.

leolady

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 03:52 PM
link   
The first one is a mock SA-5 site, used for military training (RED FLAG, BLUE FLAG, etc.). The other ones are similar; used for air-to-ground and ground-based combat training.

What look like train cars and buildings are actually CONEXes (shipping containers). They are a cheap and very durable way to simulate construction and vehicles. Easy to move around too.

CONEX 'buildings' at Fort McCoy Tactical Training Center, Fort McCoy, WI:

i.imgur.com...

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: TheTruthRocks

I knew it was an SA site, but several of them look similar so I wasn't sure which.

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gargoyle91

I found that area awhile back turns out to be a training range .

Yeah for urban warfare etc

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: leolady

It was a strange rdit post about the trygf tag. I am not sure what that is, but seems like some crazy 4chn stuff. It was a short post just mentioning the coordinates and the trygf thing with no explanation of either.

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Thanks to everyone for all the insight. There are some really cool structures on that range. I found some radar pretty far away but don't think I was all the way in NM. It made me think of Sunspot

posted on Jun, 9 2019 @ 10:27 AM
link   

At Pil Sung Range in ROK we had our range set up as Russian targets (late 80’s). We would have to go out on the range and put out forest fires from wayward munitions. Really crazy there.

Echo, India, Juliet band (IIRC) AA and Sam sites surrounding the range to thwart the inbound aircraft.
edit on 9-6-2019 by PilSungMtnMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Just regarding the motivation for the original post, bearing in mind I have no idea what trygf is as mentioned...
But, the star is an sa5 as pointed out. This is currently in use in a live conflict zone in Syria. Certainly seems as if us personnel have been trained specifically with this emplacement in mind. Was the original poster drawing attention to it for this reason? I mean, I lost track about whether it is accepted us policy to have been bombing Syrian government installations or whether they were only supposed to be targeting daesh? Though of course training doesn't imply implementation in live theatre directly.
It's quite leap of both logic and presumption though... Just scratching around for a possible reason to draw attention to these coordinates.

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: mersaultdies

There are several former Soviet missile systems still in use that have similar layouts. These have been out there for decades.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join