It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the Liberal Hour Ending in the West?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 08:37 AM
link   
EU made to stop Europe from constant conflict they had with each other for centuries, all wars basically stop, only nations that stir the pot are the ones that arent in the union... makes you think.

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Good we can agree. I only voted for the person not the party when I voted. Although I must admit with the democratic leadership and the party platform they espouse it would be a cold day in hell before I ever voted for a democrat in any election I can think of.

Since I do not live in the states (haven't for several years) I do not vote and end up fighting with a jury summons that I can not or will not travel to.... so your "get out of the microcosm that is the US" statement does not apply just as your statement about people who disagree are fascist or some other name that is in fashion by the left.

In what may be the biggest shock from today's European parliamentary elections, President Emmanuel Macron suffered a major blow with French voters set to hand a victory to Marine Le Pen’s National Rally, picking the vocal Eurosceptic and nationalist over the former Rothschild banker

www.zerohedge.com...

Anti-establishment mood

The traditional centre-left and centre-right parties, which have dominated the EU as long as anyone can remember, appear to have lost their majority for the first time in the European Parliament.

This reflects a tendency already apparent in national elections all over Europe: rejection of the status quo. Look at the beating meted out to France's centre-right and centre-left; to Germany's Chancellor Angela Merkel and her Social Democrat coalition partners; plus the slap in the face delivered to the UK's Conservative and Labour parties.

Like I tried to point out in this thread the worm has turned or the pendulum has started to swing the other way.. I would even bet that the ones who won are happy and the losers are mumbling fascist or some other derogatory remark.

It will be interesting if Trump gets reelected simply for all the entertainment the snowflake msn crowd will provide. If not him then someone else will provide the gossip and entertainment for their presidential term. I do not see him losing to a democrat but I could be wrong as I do not understand the mind set of certain people any longer.
www.bbc.com...

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp
EU made to stop Europe from constant conflict they had with each other for centuries, all wars basically stop, only nations that stir the pot are the ones that arent in the union... makes you think.

I seem to recall that Germany featured prominently in both the World Wars and yet they're in that Union. So how is it that "only nations who stir that pot aren't in it"?

Looking around, it seems to me that most of the nations not in it are the ones who recently left a large, overbearing, tyrannical union - the USSR. That also makes me think. Why do you think they want no part of the EU? Could be there's a thing there they recognize.

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

The EU was made as a direct result of those two wars. It didnt exist until after 1945.

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: peskyhumans
Just yesterday the SCOTUS upheld transgenders in school locker rooms. They refused to even listen to the case presented by the Pennsylvania school district and just upheld it on principle.

This is with Kavanaugh on the SCOTUS and 5 out of 9 of them being Republican.

Depraved, perverted lunacy. The tyranny of the 1% reigns over the 99% and everyone willingly goes along with it. People don't speak out against this monstrous perversion because they're afraid of being labeled bigots. WTF you're okay with a teenage boy walking into the girl's locker room and stripping naked in front of your daughter and everyone acting like that's okay? Because the boy says he's a girl.

The liberals aren't growing weaker, they are growing stronger.

We need to repeat the French Revolution. If our highest court, the rule of law in our country says this is how things are going to be, then the only higher law to break it is the law of God. Our natural human right to rebel and tear down the unholy institutions that blaspheme his name and terrorize us with evil.

Perhaps the change, if it is truly happening, has nothing to do with "a teenage boy walking into the girl's locker room and stripping naked in front of [my] daughter"? ... probably for most people (left or right) what our daughters see in the locker room is the least of our worries.

Not all conservatives care about such silly "family values" propaganda ... especially the Republican party leadership who hasn't met a "family value" it hasn't violated.

Not all liberals have the diabolical plan to show your daughter their female penis.

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 02:36 PM
link   

The EU was made as a direct result of those two wars. It didnt exist until after 1945.

The EU is far more recent than that. It had it's roots back them but the entity we talk about today began in 1993.

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 04:13 PM
link   

And that changes the fact that those who joined stopped warring Europe and was a vital part of the fall of the iron curtain and USSR?

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 04:58 PM
link   

LMGDAO!!! West Germany and Italy, alongside four countries occupied (with little resistance) by and heavily influenced by Nazi Germany, Belgium, Luxumbourg, and the Netherlands somehow convinced the UK and France to bond with them, and allow most everything Adolf Hitler stated as his vision for Europe sans ethnic cleansing and genocide to become the model for modern Europe in exchange for stopping wars and conflicts. Bend over, say "ahh," and take it, Europe, Germany demands it!

Your words do make me think, they make me think that Hitler probably would have had all of Europe kissing his ass and championing him as their leader had he gone the diplomatic route the EU took instead of trying to speed it all up using brute force. It seems far too many people out their are either totally ignorant of history or actually want to live in a Europe dominated by German policies and visions. As someone who had relatives who fought against that the last time it was tried, I hope the EU immolates itself and this madness stops.

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: sooth
Most people are smart enough to see that the globalists are merely a reincarnation of the colonialists. Ironically enough, these globalists actually use the specter of colonialism to sell their globalism to these useful idiots. It is astonishing how little people actually think things through these days. There are myriad examples in modern politics of one faction becoming exactly what they hate. Of course, everyone is obsessed with controlling everyone else who is opposite of themselves. And you only seek to control what you what you don't like. And what you hate about others is typically what you dislike most about yourself. So I suppose it makes sense that all of these ideologies of control are really nothing but ideologies of hate.

Exactly. Behind the mask of the globalists I suspect you will find all the old European aristocratic families, who have aligned with other aristocrats in India and Asia. They may blame multinational corporations, big tech, the Chinese, etc, but I believe its all the old European royals pulling the strings. Why? Because they wanted a borderless Europe over a century ago, and nationalists tend to oppose kings. Remove nationalism, install a one world government run by THEM, and their problem is solved, and they can deal with all the "useless eaters", those pesky peasants living on THEIR land. They literally think they own the world and we are trespassing on it. I cant wait for them to see how wrong they are.

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Dude I think it's time to take the tin foil hat off and come back to reality on this one.

The EU took years to develope and didnt adopt fascist totalitarian doctrine it took on very liberal democratic propositions.
But hey lets just revise history to make up more anti left bs. Why not, everyone here loves doing that.

posted on May, 30 2019 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

What to people do when they become afraid? They go home. The world is fortress-ing. It happened in the early 1900's, the 1930's and it may be happening again. It may turn out to be the best option. Some would call it a Cultural-Economic Reset. These resets tend to be followed by rapid change and expansionism. We shall see.

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 05:23 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

It seems to be a generational "ebb and flow" the 80's millennials like me are becoming conservative and want more liberty, while the late 90's and 2000's kids appear to fall in the left wing facist category.
Now that is a general blanket statement, but i work in an enviroment where i meet every age and demographic group in our country and this what i have observed.

And it appears to me additionally that the upcoming voters the 10 through 15 year old range are leaning towards freedom and conservative values so i hope that continues i know i am doing my part with my son who is in that age range
edit on 31-5-2019 by RsaWarhawk because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 05:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove
Most people are in fact liberal in some ways. Most people don't care if you are gay and want to marry or most other things under the sun so long as no one is hurt and it's between consenting adults, they don't care if you are any particular skin color, and they lean pro choice but not to the extremes. Though one could argue that the not caring about your skin color is no longer a liberal trait and actually seems more a right wing trait lately.

If the right could drop the anti-gay #, and unlike the left with their extreme pro-choice reign in their extreme anti-abortion policies, and legalize marijuana the democratic party would be done for.

People who are pro-choice will simply never vote for the right so long as there's any chance extreme laws like those in Alabama seem possible or plausible should the right gain control.

Let me put it this way I lean pro-life, and even I am nervous about voting right wing due to laws like the ones in Alabama. I don't want to hear it's a state rights not a federal issue either, as more states are trying for the same kind of extremes including Ohio where I currently live. It's a right wing issue and it's going to #ing destroy this entire shift away from the elites and swing it back around.

People are also sick of people trying to trample over the rights of gays. Gays are accepted by the majority now and deserve all the rights of everyone else, get, the, #, over, it.

The law in Alabama was designed to head to scotus and that was stated in the drafting of the law

Either way none of the laws affect the morning after pill... so if you dont want to be pregnant if unprotected sex occurred go to a 24hr cvs and buy the pill.

Its on the shelf and you can be out in minutes problem solved. If you change your mind midway through the pregnancy it is not fair to that child and the father who might want the baby (dont give me that rape and incest crap it is less than 1% of abortions look it up)

I do not intend to go off topic here

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 06:53 AM
link   
a reply to: RsaWarhawk

Yeah well until we know what the supreme court rules on it, that's not saying much is it?

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 07:23 AM
link   
a reply to: pavil

and that starts with the first domino , breaking the United Kingdom!

Scotland gains its independence and forces a shift in the political landscape of the Uk.

As the great John Maclean said " Scottish separation is part of the process of England's imperial disintegration and is help towards the ultimate triumph of the workers of the world"

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: RsaWarhawk

The first part of your post actually hits it spot on the head. The millennials have been conditioned all their lives by their parents/media/etc to think that the 80s were some kind of golden age. So now we're seeing a redux of those policies.

Much in the same way that Gen X was conditioned by their parents/media/etc to believe that the 60s were a golden age.

I guarantee you when the next generation comes of age we'll become more liberal because they've been conditioned to think the 90s were the greatest.

At least then we might get closer to getting rid of our deficit.

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 09:27 AM
link   

NATO was there first. Think about it a bit more

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join