It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mackenzie Bezos to give half her fortune to charity

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2019 @ 03:29 PM
link   
www.yahoo.com...

I think that it is great when the very wealthy give their money to charity, however I just wonder something.

What if instead of giving that money to charity, what if they simply paid their employees more, much more.
Wouldn't that do more good? Help the people that have helped make that fortune. Help the working hands.

Why is this never the answer?

Yes I know everyone is entitled to give their money to whatever causes/people they want, that is not the point i'm making.

Just imagine, 18 billion, there are around 250K Amazon workers. If she gave each worker a share that would be 72K for
each worker. Just imagine what that could do...

posted on May, 28 2019 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
www.yahoo.com...

I think that it is great when the very wealthy give their money to charity, however I just wonder something.

What if instead of giving that money to charity, what if they simply paid their employees more, much more.
Wouldn't that do more good? Help the people that have helped make that fortune. Help the working hands.

Yes I know everyone is entitled to give their money to whatever causes/people they want, that is not the point i'm making.

Just imagine, 18 billion, there are around 250K Amazon workers. If she gave each worker a share that would be 72K for

Yea when she dies she will Donate it. What happens if she never dies? In less time then you think people will live to 120 in good health and by the time they get to 120 they can just download their consciousness into a robot body... lol

posted on May, 28 2019 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

I feel the same way about the amount of money spent on campaigns instead of helping the people they supposedly care about.

posted on May, 28 2019 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Most likely Lady Rothchild told her to pay her dues or she is out of the CLUB!

posted on May, 28 2019 @ 05:02 PM
link   

"Woman Pledges One Quarter of Ex-Husband's Wealth to Charity"
should be the headline here.

She doesn't own squat. Bezos owns Amazon, she's just the lucky woman who married a billionare too stupid to have a pre-nuptual agreement.

posted on May, 28 2019 @ 06:52 PM
link   
JAG, love your posts....but who tf cares about a family matter? Teach me.

posted on May, 28 2019 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: theatreboy
JAG, love your posts....but who tf cares about a family matter? Teach me.

We should all care. Not sure how old you are.

Way back when when companies did well they shared the wealth with the employees.
Now companies do well, the CEO's do well and shareholders, then they give to "charity". I think the best
charity starts at home. It should start with the people that helped create that wealth.

Walmart is a perfect example of this. They are a gigantic company, yet how many employees are on welfare.
Something isn't right with that. In the end, it is you and I that have to "supplement" those low wages. That shouldn't happen.

posted on May, 28 2019 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
www.yahoo.com...

Because They are the Masters of the Universe and They know what is best and you need to shut your mouth and get with The Programming.

posted on May, 28 2019 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6
It's to bad that Amazon was started out of HER garage when he was (almost) a nobody.
I am not a fan of most of these stories, because frankly men tend to get a raw deal, however in this case Mackenzie Bezos actually deserves what she got.

Beyond that, the majority of the valuation is based on the stock holding in Amazon. That means that it is only worth that much due to dividends and the wallstreet valuation of Amazon stock.

edit on 28-5-2019 by dubiousatworst because: elaboration

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 02:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: dubiousatworst
It's to bad that Amazon was started out of HER garage when he was (almost) a nobody.
I am not a fan of most of these stories, because frankly men tend to get a raw deal, however in this case Mackenzie Bezos actually deserves what she got.

She started out with him and justly deserves every penny.

However I hope she vets all the charities she donates to .... as too much money

donated goes into the pockets of rich well paid co's who head many of the various

charities.

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

originally posted by: dubiousatworst

She started out with him and justly deserves every penny.

However I hope she vets all the charities she donates to .... as too much money

donated goes into the pockets of rich well paid co's who head many of the various

charities.

What did she do to deserve this money? How does this work?

Why does she have to get anything at all?

Was she working for Jeff? Why didn't she pay Jeff because she initiated the divorce. When did money come into the equation for divorcing?

Men are just stupid and never learn. She got exactly what she was after....

She will "donate" the money to a charity used to funnel tax free money for the rich.
It just hasn't been brought to light yet.... America never learns
edit on 29-5-2019 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

Lets just see how it unfolds before we start jumping to conclusions.

I personally think they did they right thing , no fight divorce or armies of laywers.

Don't forget he went looking for love outside his marriage.

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

What did she do to deserve this money? How does this work?
Why does she have to get anything at all?

She was 22 years old when she met and worked for him, they married the following

year and she was married to him working along side him for twenty six years. She

was no bimbo simply spending his money she worked along side him so YES she

deserves a substantial cut of their joint fortune.

Mackenzie Besos nee Tuttle earned her bachelor's degree in English at Princeton University with highest honors in 1992.
She studied under writer Toni Morrison, who said Tuttle was "one of the best students I've ever had in my creative writing classes In 1992, MacKenzie worked for Jeff Bezos at D. E. Shaw, a New York City hedge fund.[8] They married in 1993,[9] and moved to Seattle in 1994.
In 2014, MacKenzie founded Bystander Revolution, an anti-bullying organization, where she serves as executive director

en.m.wikipedia.org...

Why didn't she pay Jeff because she initiated the divorce. When did money come into the equation for divorcing?

Why should she pay Jeff?

She initiated the divorce because HE broke the marriage contract. Money comes

into any breaking up of contracts, business or personal. Andthe division equates

to who put more in or was it equal? In this case it would seem to be equal.

I have a cousin going through the same thing and she is getting a larger share

due to the fact it was her inheritence which started of their business! fair is fair?

Men are just stupid and never learn. She got exactly what she was after....

I cant disagree with you in that some men may be stupid

However in this case she (the ex Mrs Besos) got exactly what she earned and

deserved.

edit on 29-5-2019 by eletheia because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join