It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS needs to add a big tech news sitw

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2019 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Big Tech is abusing their power right and let...well mostly right and center.

It would be nice to have a heading that we can discuss the abuse of power or is it even an abuse of power?

Does banning someone count as political meddling?

What’s the right of individual companies ? Do those rights supersede the public’s?

That’s just the news and opinion side of the issues

There is also the conspiracy side of it. If you ban Alex Jones for ‘false info” what did you do when someone makes up a Trump quote and it goes viral, if there isn’t punishment why? What are you after?
Why are terrorist grouped like, antifa allowed to Fox people and it stays up on twitter. If a state rep tries to dox teenage girls, why does he get to keep his check mark?

I think a Big Tech area would be a very popular heading

PS
On a side note, if we are making changes. Can we remove Obama’s pic from people and politics.

posted on May, 28 2019 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I suspect any post under a "big tech" subforum would basically come down to a freedom of speech argument.

Yes, twitter can legally ban anyone they don't agree with politically.
Yes, google can legally manipulate their search results to only show you what they want you to see.
Yes, facebook can legally allow tens of thousands of fake/bot accounts to post automated propaganda messages.

I don't think it's right- but it's legal. Much in the same way it's perfectly legal for the CIA to spend your tax dollars to seed CNN with anti-american propaganda.

Big tech is just following the rules set by our government to suit their best interests.

new topics

join