It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two killed, 15 schoolgirls injured in Japan stabbing: NHK

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: CthruU
I was trying to encourage a bit of a deeper analysis of the situation, rather than the MSM promoted knee jerk reactions that keep us uneducated and direct our anger in the wrong directions.

The question still stands. I notice you left out the pronoun on your second sentence. I wonder if that was subconscious?

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: and14263

In my not so humble opinion... Hey, you asked.

The act itself is evil, reprehensible, all of that. If they, at the time of the act, were medically insane--to commit such an act, they'd almost have to be...--then no they themselves are not "evil", they're ill.

Now the question is "what next?". Cure him/her? If it's possible, at all? Lock 'em up for their own safety, as well as the safety of others?

posted on May, 30 2019 @ 06:45 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull

That's my opinion, the act is evil, the person maybe not so. However, this important part of the narrative is often left out.

As for what happens next, because the important part of the narrative is left out society is not set up to deal with it properly, in my opinion.

What we can do is learn from the situation. Not sure how though.

What we should be able to do is repair the human, again, not sure how though.

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: and14263

It's been my experience, that sometimes what's broken, can't be fixed. That's probably very much the case with events such as this.

Yeah, they can be drugged into insensibility, but that does nothing to repair what's broken. At best, it masks it, and if they go off the drugs, for whatever reason...you're right back where you were with him or her.

It's a conundrum for sure. All you can really do is, for the foreseeable future, is lock them away so as to safeguard society as a whole.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join