It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump "inherited" this great economy from Biden? What?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2019 @ 04:54 AM
link   
a reply to: okrian

so the economy is not improving? GDP is a fictitious marker? Those economists should have asked you before spouting off those damn numbers.

posted on May, 28 2019 @ 10:18 AM
link   
So libtards are saying Obama's policy of: If you like the money in your pocket 'Fork it over' is what made the economy boom?

posted on May, 28 2019 @ 09:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
a reply to: okrian

so the economy is not improving? GDP is a fictitious marker? Those economists should have asked you before spouting off those damn numbers.

Trump was claiming to have improved the job statistics after he was elected, but before he had even taken up office.

When you look at similar economies, at the time, there was a general uplift in economic growth.

If you look at the unemployment figures in the UK for instance, it is the same (@ 4%) as the US and has tracked US job statistics for years.

The US is like many 1st world economies that has been optimized and balanced and tweaked for decades.

Trump hasn't done anything different than anyone else, really. If he did, he'd be a maverick who ignores all the work by thousands of people across that world, over decades. That would be ill advised and risky, economically.

His "economic miracle" is nothing more than propaganda.

International Monetary Fund World Economic Outlook (October - 2018)

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 07:11 AM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

So when Trump goes, this economy will still be booming? At what point do Trump's policies count? I already know the answer, the second something goes wrong, transparency is your strong point. (also not up to you)

I do understand the need for Trump to be vilified. The better he does, the stupider his detractors look.

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: network dude

What happened to all the leftist douche-waffles that said the economy would tank if Trump was elected?

Actually the economy hasn't actually done much under Trump. the markets have felt the effects of a corporate tax cut, but pull that out and we have basically just been going sideways. Now that the tax cut has fully matured there isn't much out there to give optimism.

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: sligtlyskeptical

originally posted by: DBCowboy

What happened to all the leftist douche-waffles that said the economy would tank if Trump was elected?

Actually the economy hasn't actually done much under Trump. the markets have felt the effects of a corporate tax cut, but pull that out and we have basically just been going sideways. Now that the tax cut has fully matured there isn't much out there to give optimism.

hells YEA! the GDP is a fictitious garbage indicator anywho. tRump just inherited all these good deeds Obama secretly put in motion only to have them revealed 3 years after he left office. You sure are spot on with your financial analyses. Got any stock tips?

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Let's see what was one of first things Trump did when he got into office oh yeah he killed that suicidal trade deal that moron Obama was trying to foist on us the top. Why because he knew as a businessman it helped out everyone but us. When Bush _ obumo admins state we are a service based economy then allowed the service industry to start moving to India and other foreign lands Trump has tried his hardest to bring manufacturing jobs back to states hence the tariffs. Why you ask because that is where real money is at. He realizes that Americans should come first not last in the presidents priorities. All Obama cared about was kissing butts to aholes from other lands.

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 11:05 AM
link   

I was schooled that the first 2 years of a presidency are the lasting effects of the last president.

Saved for 2026 when the economy is in free fall.

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: manuelram16

It certainly wasn't Bush's policy (which is being copied by Trump) of giving the rich all the money because they'll give it to the poor.

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Biden is even worse at lying than Hillary is.

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Obama had the longest period of sustained economic growth in US history. I didn't realize that was a bad thing.

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

I was schooled that the first 2 years of a presidency are the lasting effects of the last president.

Saved for 2026 when the economy is in free fall.

just so I know, how long after a president has left office, does his policies dictate his economic success?

I'm open to whatever number you want to use, just back it up.

Trump made some drastic changes, and ended some very large trade deals. So far, it appears that him doing so was good for the economy as a whole. Did Obama end NAFTA?

I honestly need to know when Trump will be to blame or praise for his choices.

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 03:41 PM
link   

So when Trump goes, this economy will still be booming? At what point do Trump's policies count? I already know the answer, the second something goes wrong, transparency is your strong point. (also not up to you)

I do understand the need for Trump to be vilified. The better he does, the stupider his detractors look.

The US economy isn't booming. It is continuing to be successful within reasonable bounds based on pre-figured settings.

The trade war with China and the breaking of decades old trade agreements could change things (and most probably to the negative) but the response to those changes won't be instant. Claiming instant figures for something that may take years to play out, nah, not really.

Consider how many high cost goods, like white goods or cars, that you personally purchase, and the time between purchases. Every year or so, if lucky? If all the Chinese ones simply vanished tomorrow, how long would it be before it impacted your personal purchasing? Now times that by hundreds of millions of the US purchasing public. You'll see that it takes significant time (in terms of years) for trade figures to reflect in changed purchasing.

It is clear that the claimed effected outcomes of what Trump is doing, in the time frames that Trump is suggesting, are bogus.

edit on 29/5/2019 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 05:35 PM
link   

the tariffs are all his, and if it works out, he will look like a hero, which might end a good number of your brethren, but if he fails, then he will look bad and for all the right reasons. Because he made a bad decision. I can't apologize for wanting things to work out good on this, I do live here and all. Perhaps if things go wrong, you could stop by and say I told you so.

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Under Obama administration economics I was given the privilege to sell my 475k home for 215k, which I had no choice at the time but to do.

Yeah, I want some more of that........not.

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 06:47 PM
link   

the tariffs are all his, and if it works out, he will look like a hero, which might end a good number of your brethren, but if he fails, then he will look bad and for all the right reasons. Because he made a bad decision. I can't apologize for wanting things to work out good on this, I do live here and all. Perhaps if things go wrong, you could stop by and say I told you so.

The US has abandoned the Trans Pacific Partnership with its previous trade allies, like Australia, Brunei, Canada, Chile, Japan, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Peru, Singapore & Vietnam. It is raising tariffs left right and center.

Let's put this in real terms. These brands of goods aren't made in the US: Dell computers, Converse and Nike footwear, Barbie dolls, Huffy & Schwinn bicycles, Fisher-Price toys, Rawlings baseballs, Levi's jeans, Samsonite luggage, Brach's confectionery, Fender guitars (and Gibson has gone out of business), GI Joe dolls, Monopoly, Black & Decker and Craftsman tools, Ford and Chevrolet cars, Gerber cereals, Just about every brand of sardines, Under Armour clothing and I'm fairly sure that Walmart is going to have issues supplying customers with nearly its entire catalogue of cheap goods.

But, to top it off, China's foreign currency reserves now stand at about $3 trillion. By contrast, US foreign exchange reserves are about $120 billion. Who's going to win that one?

Good trade makes a country wealthy and powerful.

Trump appears to be building a new North Korea.

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 11:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

Let's put this in real terms. These brands of goods aren't made in the US: Fender guitars (and Gibson has gone out of business) Ford and Chevrolet cars

Hmmmmm......cut and paste will get you every time. Fender, Gibson, Ford and Chevy all have factories in the US and no Gibson is not out of business. They filled chapter 11 and had to restructure but they're still in business and still making guitars in the USA.

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 11:48 PM
link   

China is going to need those reserves because their industries are already overcapacity and they will be more so if they aren't selling those things. Also nearly everything listed is a discretionary consumer product. Meanwhile, most US exports to China consist of food product...
So while the US is short on bicycles, shoes, and toys but has shockingly low food prices as farmers try to stave off bankruptcy, in China there is massive unemployment coupled with rising food prices.
Then factor in rhe percentage of each GDP derived from bilateral trade...

Assuming equal will, there is no way for China to win that battle.

Hopefully they recognize the value of enforcing IP rights and not illegally dumping product to put industries in other countries out of business soon so neither side has to pay the price of a trade war.

PS-- the US does not have large foreign currency reserves because the dollar is still the world's hardest currency... Ie- we do not frequently need foreign currency to trade...
edit on 30-5-2019 by RadioRobert because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: mtnshredder
Under Obama administration economics I was given the privilege to sell my 475k home for 215k, which I had no choice at the time but to do.

That's too bad. I sold my 180k house for 280k during the Obama administration. Looks like you made a poor investment.

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: DoubleDNH

originally posted by: mtnshredder

That's too bad. I sold my 180k house for 280k during the Obama administration. Looks like you made a poor investment.

sounds an awful lot like BS. Looks like you might be confused.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join