It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump "inherited" this great economy from Biden? What?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on May, 27 2019 @ 03:05 PM
link   
www.foxnews.com...
In the video with the article, Biden claims Trump inherited this economy. I agree, he did inherit a steaming turd, he turned it around through his America First initiative. I did a thread on this a while back as a place holder to refer to when this idiotic claim is made.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I was schooled that the first 2 years of a presidency are the lasting effects of the last president. Which is why Obama spent 8 years blaming everything that went wrong on Bush. But the honeymoon is over. it appears that Trump's ideas are what is keeping the economy afloat.

But do others feel this way as well?
www.washingtonpost.com...

Can’t blame Biden for trying to polish up the record of the years when he served as vice president, but — seriously? Democrats continually try to diminish the current administration’s economic achievements by suggesting that Trump was handed a booming economy in 2016. Biden in particular seems likely to hit that theme throughout his campaign. And he’ll be just as wrong next year as he is today. For example, soon after Trump took office in January 2017 and the administration forecast 3 percent growth in gross domestic product (the most widely accepted measure of economic health), former Obama administration economist Lee Branstetter said it was “essentially mathematically impossible to get the growth they’re talking about." A few weeks later, Jason Furman — a former chairman of President Barack Obama’s Council of Economic Advisers — predicted a decade of GDP growth “around 2 percent a year.” What else could they say? The Obama-Biden White House had forecast GDP growth in the 4 percent range coming out of the 2008 financial crisis and recession, consistent with the 4.3 percent average in the other 10 post-World War II recoveries. The Obama administration never had a calendar year of even 3 percent; in the post-recession period, the average was 2.1 percent. Under Trump, GDP growth in 2018 — the first year after the Republican tax cuts — averaged 3 percent when measured from the fourth quarter of 2017 through the fourth quarter of 2018.

Hey Joe, at what point will any of this be Trumps' economy? perhaps a couple years after he's gone and things aren't as good as now? Keep repeating it, if you say it often enough, your base will believe you.
edit on 27-5-2019 by network dude because: bad spler

+18 more 
posted on May, 27 2019 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Biden has been in Washington for 40 years...
He hasn't fixed anything yet but if we elect him president he'll get right on it....

What a douche canoe....

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I think the U.S. economy will float no matter who runs the Country. Bad stuff has to happen to have the wealthy (the ones really running the Country) throw away their stock and destroy their profit margins.

It is all about belief but passing laws can change the equation.

They both did good... I guess

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Joe Byeden crazier than Hell 😆

Democrats pissed off about the low unemployment

Democrats pissed off about the exposures

Democrats pissed off about the lower taxes

Democrats pissed off about the immigration

Democrats pissed off about the defeat of ISIS

Democrats pissed off about etc. etc. 🎆💥🤣💥🎆

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 03:47 PM
link   
More lies upon stupid ontop of lies upon stupid coming from the Democratic Party .

Claims like that must be why Kim John Un called Biden “a low IQ individual” .

A few more comments like that and I might even start to like the guy . Lol

+6 more 
posted on May, 27 2019 @ 03:49 PM
link   

What happened to all the leftist douche-waffles that said the economy would tank if Trump was elected?

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

What happened to all the leftist douche-waffles that said the economy would tank if Trump was elected?

They're pissed off about that too 💥🤣🤣💥

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

And they are most pissed off, because Barr is coming after them with "The law of the Land"!

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem
a reply to: xuenchen

And they are most pissed off, because Barr is coming after them with "The law of the Land"!

DeeeeeeeCLASS !! 🤣🤣

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Well let's face it, Trump cheated. He's been waving his magic wand all over the place.

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 05:24 PM
link   
The US is known as the West, through out the world

Hillary leads a wicked selfish lifestyle

Hillary belongs to "The Wing" witches coven.

I keep wondering, what kind of stupid people ever voted for the Wicked Witch of the West?

Didn't they ever watch the Wizard of Oz? Or even Hansel and Grettle? I bet she eats children whenever she can.
edit on 27-5-2019 by visitedbythem because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 05:30 PM
link   
You wouldn’t believe the amount of new construction going on around my neighborhood, people remodeling, adding additions, building shops, rebuilding from the ground up.

Not a lot of that was happening during the Obama years, but about the second year of Trump and all the sudden stuff was popping up everywhere.

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 05:41 PM
link   

The Present Economy starting in Late 2016 was do to President Trump's Deregulation Policies which Freed up over a Trillion Dollars from Overseas Companies and Banks . That's the way i see it , everything else ran it's course .

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 06:26 PM
link   
The great summer recovery, how'd that work out with the shovel ready jobs? They definitely were shoveling it, looks like Biden still shoveling it.

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 07:46 PM
link   
JOE BIDEN did not attend any Memorial Day events today.

www.breitbart.com...

Not a good move by the #1 Democratic Presidential Candidate. Maybe he overslept?

Maybe he's still tired from creating our great economy?

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 07:56 PM
link   

It seems Obama himself thought that what Trump has done would be impossible, or at the very least require a "magic wand".

Have another cocktail Joe.

This election cycle is going to be legendary entertainment with the climax of the show being the epic meltdowns after Trump wins again

#Trump2020

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Obama did not fix anything. He threw money at the problem much done unwisely.

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 10:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quantumgamer1776
You wouldn’t believe the amount of new construction going on around my neighborhood, people remodeling, adding additions, building shops, rebuilding from the ground up.

Not a lot of that was happening during the Obama years, but about the second year of Trump and all the sudden stuff was popping up everywhere.

Your anecdotal story means it must be true! Ugh, it's the sad recipe for ATS these days... trot out an anecdotal story, then use it to paint an agenda-ridden picture. Then get stars from conservative pals who you know will love it.

I was living in Brooklyn during the Obama years and my entire old neighborhood was transformed and rebuilt into a high class mecca. People were remodeling, new stores coming in etc. Can I attribute that to Obama? Nope. Does your story have much to do with Trump? Nope. Both are just an individual story in a specific place with a lot of factors involved.

Overall picture brother. Overall picture. Which isn't quite as dreamy. Over last year CEO wages rose 17 percent, up to (on average) 361 times more than the average worker, while average worker wages rose 3.2 percent, which then accounting for inflation (1.5 percent) worker wages only rose 1.7 percent. And this doesn't even account for cost of living. The purchasing power of the average American has barely budged. Of course, corporations did pretty well (big surprise considering Trump's tax breaks for his chums) but only 34 out of the fortune 500 even stated that they are using Trumps tax breaks to invest into the US operations. Economists are pretty universally predicting growth to slow overall in 2019, and then slow even further in 2020.

We'll see. But as long as Trump says it's all good, it's all good right? Lord knows the man cannot tell a lie.

posted on May, 28 2019 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Don't look too hard at other economies across the world at the moment.

The 'magicness' just goes away.

posted on May, 28 2019 @ 04:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

Don't look too hard at other economies across the world at the moment.

The 'magicness' just goes away.

Are those due to Obama's policies, or Trumps?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join