It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Obama implicate himself in Russian probe ?

page: 1

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on May, 27 2019 @ 01:58 PM
link   
In the last days of Obama‘s presidency. We all know that he expanded the rules of Reagan era executive order 12333. Allowing the NSA to share information with 16 other intelligence agencies.

New rules issued by the Obama administration under Executive Order 12333 will let the NSA—which collects information under that authority with little oversight, transparency, or concern for privacy—share the raw streams of communications it intercepts directly with agencies including the FBI, the DEA, and the Department of Homeland Security, according to a report today by the New York Times.

That executive order removed warrant requirements for the FBI on virtually anything the NSA had on any US citizens.

“Any” that’s a scary word in this scenario for all of us.

My New thoughts on that EO are that it directly targeted Trump and the Russia investigation.

Is wasn’t meant just to inconvenience him like most people (including me) thought originally.

It was a weapon that could imply intent and involvement in a conspiracy against the incoming president.

Did Obama implicate himself in the Russia scam?

Is that obstruction of justice because of the illegality of investigation? (Frame job)

Could it play into the FISA warrants?

What could happen if a president manipulated the rules in a executive order to vindictively target a political opponent?

www.eff.org...

*Note

It’s probably me but I feel the need to explain my thought process again. I don’t think critically most of the time. I like to look at trends and use my “logic” (that’s up for debate lol) to see what could be coming down the road from different angles.

A thought like this is up for debate. My only intent is to point something out.

The Forum can iron out the details pro or con.

+4 more 
posted on May, 27 2019 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

We will learn a lot more when the inspector General's report on fisa abuse is published in the next few weeks. It is said to be devastating to the Obama Administration.

Attorney general Barr has to make sure this report does not get watered down and changed the way the last IG report in June of 2018 was manipulated by Rod Rosenstein.

+1 more 
posted on May, 27 2019 @ 02:12 PM
link   
New documents showed that not only did Obama spy on journalists his administration also intimidated those journalists who did not buy into his way of thinking.

mobile.twitter.com...

President Trump is an angel when it comes to how he treats the media, compared to Barack Obama.

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I suspect we will get action from Barr on any suggestions of criminal wrongdoing that come from the IG .

Last year the IG did asked for consideration of criminal charges against McCabe. But sessions did what sessions does and sat on his thumb.

One thing that always sticks in my crawl about him is . What Jason Chavez said on Tucker Carlson.

Paraphrased .....

“ I asked attorney general sessions face-to-face. To prosecute Hillary Clinton‘s tech guy Pagliano for contempt of Congress” .

Sessions reply was “I can’t he’s too close to Hillary “

That deep state nonsense struck a nerve . I’m glad I didn’t have anything in my hand or I would’ve thrown it at the TV when I was done screaming at it . Lol

Thank God there’s a new sheriff in town. That appears is duty-bound not politically motivated .

posted on May, 28 2019 @ 03:59 AM
link   

It is clear that the NSA should not be allowed to collect information on everyone and that the FISC should rule on who they can collect data on, not who they can release data on.

It is unconstitutional to routinely record all information, from all citizens, all the time.

Please note that the process, signed into being on that unconstitutional EO, had/has not been terminated by any President.

Every President after Bush is guilty of not rescinding, what was an emergency response to 911. Every one.

posted on May, 28 2019 @ 06:00 AM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Kudos Chr0
star

I see you show some understanding how it works here now in that reply. You are correct they shouldn't record people unless they know they are a member of some kind of crime family that they have proof of existing instead of unsuccessfully baiting a candidate to bumble running for office. It should be a real case where they have some solid evidence of something dangerous like we see in the HRC situation, not some fabricated case that won't pass muster in court.

The US NSA is very close to being an unconstitutional entity.

edit on 28-5-2019 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-5-2019 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2019 @ 06:00 AM
link   
The Patriot act the RINO's gave us and the Liberal leaning Supremes stamped off on appears to me to be unconstitutional. People accepted it because the MSM has us focused on their masters agenda and not on facts. 911 was our bellweather moment that they took their chance to claim power. The media was treated very bad by #43 and #44 POTUS. Bush had free speech zones and Obama refused to allow some News Agency in his press conferences.

posted on May, 28 2019 @ 07:09 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

You mean... it is hoped it will be devastating to the Obama admin.
Spoiler alert.... it wont be.

and because the IG report didn't throw the usual suspects in jail you say it was watered down....

No it wasn't .... there is nothing there....

posted on May, 28 2019 @ 07:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman
The Patriot act the RINO's gave us and the Liberal leaning Supremes stamped off on appears to me to be unconstitutional.

The only case I can find where the Patriot Act went before the Supreme Court and was ruled on favorably was in 2010 with a 6-3 decision with Justices Stevens, Scalia, Thomas, Kennedy and Alito Jr. joining the majority decision written by Roberts.

Those are all the conservative Justices in the majority, by the way.

edit on 28-5-2019 by AugustusMasonicus because: I ♥ cheese pizza

posted on May, 28 2019 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Obama is ears deep in this mess.
He authorized the illegal spying.
He used the power of the intelligence community against his political rivals.
He is worse thsn nixon.

posted on May, 28 2019 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman

Rand Paul ( my senator )

Summed it up perfectly on the campaign trail in 2016 .

“ get a warrant “

They’re going to collect no matter what we say .

But I want them to jump through hoops before they can use it or view it .

posted on May, 28 2019 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman

Kudos Chr0
star

I see you show some understanding how it works here now in that reply. You are correct they shouldn't record people unless they know they are a member of some kind of crime family that they have proof of existing instead of unsuccessfully baiting a candidate to bumble running for office. It should be a real case where they have some solid evidence of something dangerous like we see in the HRC situation, not some fabricated case that won't pass muster in court.

The US NSA is very close to being an unconstitutional entity.

I know we normally disagree, but this issue is so clear cut.

posted on May, 28 2019 @ 09:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown
a reply to: Justoneman

Rand Paul ( my senator )

Summed it up perfectly on the campaign trail in 2016 .

“ get a warrant “

They’re going to collect no matter what we say .

But I want them to jump through hoops before they can use it or view it .

To access the data in bulk, like they do, with permanent links, requires vast infrastructure, database design, programmers, intent and funding.

If the NSA used FISC to allow eavesdropping, rather than collecting everything first. It could be argued to be Constitutional.

Then you also need to control the release of confidential material, and so FISC comes into the picture again, so there is a reason to 'wiretap' beforehand and an approved process that protects the rights of the 'not guilty'.

posted on May, 28 2019 @ 10:10 PM
link   

From what we know now.

It looks like they did have a reason.

The one that they made up .

I would bet money that Federal investigators ( 13 angry Democrats and their staff) had use of a lot more data that didn’t go through the FISC .

The Justice/intelligence Departments don’t need fixed.

They need a day of reckoning.

And we just might have the guy for the job.

posted on May, 28 2019 @ 10:23 PM
link   
It seems like Obama spent as much time spying, as he did actually running our country.

Another SPY operation being exposed is called "Operation Hammer". The Obama Admin used this system to collect and store information on almost every American.

Maxine Waters inadvertently shares this Top Secret Info in 2013: www.statedepartmentwatch.org...

top topics

join