It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret FBI recordings accuse Martin Luther King Jr of...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Full Headline Reads:

The MLK tapes: Secret FBI recordings accuse Martin Luther King Jr of watching and laughing as a pastor raped a woman, having 40 extramarital affairs - and they are under lock in a U.S. archive, claims author

Article Link:DailyMail.co-uk

The unearthed tapes have been analyzed by David Garrow, a biographer of King who won a Pulitzer Prize for his 1987 book, 'Bearing the Cross'. The American historian and author, 66, has frequently written about the civil rights movement in the US. He detailed some of King's affairs in his original biography but he said he was not aware of its scale until now.

He also published 'The FBI and Martin Luther King Jr' , a work that analyses the relationship between the intelligence service and the civil rights leader...

The FBI tapes accuse Martin Luther King Jr of having extramarital affairs with '40 to 45 women', and even claim that he "looked on and laughed" as a pastor friend of his, raped a parishioner exist.  The civil rights hero was also heard allegedly joking that he was the founder of the 'International Association for the Advancement of P***y-Eaters', on an agency recording that was obtained by bugging his room, according to David Garrow.

Along with many US civil rights figures, King was subject to an FBI campaign of surveillance ordered by Director J Edgar Hoover, in an effort to undermine his power amid fears he could have links to the Communist Party. Hoover went after big-named stars as well, such as Charlie Chaplin, Malcolm X, Ernest Hemingway, Muhammad Ali, Jane Fonda and John Lennon.

He spied on the celebrities using methods such as wire-tapping, infiltration, forging documents and spreading false rumours.

In an article to be published in Standpoint, Garrow tells how the FBI planted transmitters in two lamps in hotel rooms booked by King in January 1964, according to The Sunday Times.

The recording from the Willard Hotel near the White House shows how King was accompanied his friend Logan Kearse, the pastor of Baltimore's Cornerstone Baptist church, along with several female parishioners of his church.

In King's hotel room, the files claim they then 'discussed which women among the parishioners would be suitable for natural and unnatural sex acts'.

The FBI document says: 'When one of the women protested that she did not approve, the Baptist minister immediately and forcefully raped her' as King watched.

He is alleged to have 'looked on, laughed and offered advice' during the encounter. FBI agents were in the room next door but did not intervene. 

The following day, King and a dozen others allegedly participated in a 'sex orgy' engaging in 'acts of degeneracy and depravity'. When one woman showed reluctance, King was allegedly heard saying that performing the act 'would help your soul'.

Senior FBI officials later sent King a copy of the incriminating tape and called him an 'evil abnormal beast' and his sexual exploits would be 'on record for all time'.

The letter also suggested he should commit suicide before his wrongs were revealed to the world.

King's philandering has long been suspected, however Garrow, who spent several months digging through the archive material, said he had no idea of the scale or the ugliness of it and his apparent indifference to rape until he saw the files.

He said:  'It poses so fundamental a challenge to his historical stature as to require the most complete and extensive historical review possible.'

Among the revelations is a claim by a prostitute who said she was involved in a threesome with King, which she described as the worst orgy she had ever experienced.

There is even a suggestion in the files that King fathered a daughter with a secret girlfriend in Los Angeles. Both the mother and child are alive but refused to talk to Garrow.

The FBI surveillance tapes detailing his indiscretions are being held in a vault at the U.S. National Archives and are not due for release until 2027.

edit on 5/27/2019 by LtFluffyCakes96 because: Sources cited

edit on 5/27/2019 by LtFluffyCakes96 because: (no reason given)

(post by englishdissident removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 01:58 PM
link   

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 02:00 PM
link   
The FBI has been doing this for a long time. There are still a lot of deep State FBI career agents who believed in spying on high-profile Americans. President Obama tapped in, and used it against hundreds of people.

(post by englishdissident removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 02:23 PM
link   

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: LtFluffyCakes96

By your own admission he (Hoover) ''He spied on the celebrities using methods such as wire-tapping, infiltration, forging documents and spreading false rumours. ''
So
Maybe he did and maybe he didn't. I'll wait for the 2027 release of those documents to investigate further. Until then I will try not to pass on and spread what might be false rumors from forged documents

(post by SailorJerry removed for a manners violation)

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: englishdissident

Or they were both bad? Hmm...kind of a novel concept, eh?

Trumpers? Is that the best you've got? That's so last year.

When one is critical of one side to the extent you apparently are...attempting to insult those you're disagreeing with isn't the best way to go about it...

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I’m getting tired of how far the media goes back to gather negative information on both sides .

There should be media reform. Not only to make lawsuits easier for libel. I would also like to see some kind of statue of limitations for the dirt they print. If it’s not pertinent to any ongoing investigation.

The former suggestion was serious . The latter one was wishful thinking.

MLK was a great man and his reputation shouldn’t be besmirched in media mud slinging for events that happened 40 years ago.

Let the history books take care of that .

The Internet wasn’t the information breakthrough I envisioned. It’s become more of a telephone party line filled with gossip.

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 04:01 PM
link   
If true, just more proof that our best leaders are often rife with human fallibility.

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 05:50 PM
link   

This is NOT the Mud Pit!!!

All rules for polite political debate will be enforced.
Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility will face mod actions.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 05:51 PM
link   
So when do we start destroying the statues and pulling his name off of streets and schools?

You know... Like all those racist rebels!

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 06:12 PM
link   

J. Edgar Hoover was a Sick Demented Fooking Person . He Created Many " False Files " in the Department to Blackmail and Destroy the Lives of his Believed Enemies of the State . MLK happened to be One of them , and these Stories are FALSE .

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

Don't worry. 99% of the U.S. media didn't report when the negative Martin Luther King FBI spy files were first released in 2018. Same this time around.

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

J. Edgar Hoover was a Sick Demented Fooking Person . He Created Many " False Files " in the Department to Blackmail and Destroy the Lives of his Believed Enemies of the State . MLK happened to be One of them , and these Stories are FALSE .

Called COINTELPRO

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Who wants to listen to the notoriously racist and opinion filled grimey J Hoover?

We need to listen to tapes before any one believes anything he says.

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 08:52 PM
link   

I don’t necessarily believe the story’s are false, I have heard the same rumors all of my life.

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Nickn3

Anyone past a certain age has heard those stories.

My grandfather was a county sheriff from the late twenties to the early 40's, and he had a lot of stories about FBI agents overstepping their boundaries. More than once he had to order them out of the county, or spend a night or two in jail.

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 09:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn3

I don’t necessarily believe the story’s are false, I have heard the same rumors all of my life.

I don't know anything about the background or political leanings of Bill O'Reilly (others here might be able to shed some light), but his research and writing in his books Killing Lincoln and Killing Kennedy were absolutely first class.

In Killing Kennedy there are a couple of sections where he delves into the background of MLK (obviously due to his influence at the time, and relationship with JFK's brother). I remember vividly reading some of the sordid details and wondering how widely known it was. I am obviously aware of his influence in human rights circles, but wondered how so many streets and schools, and a public holiday, could be named after him if it was true.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join