It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Picture that reveals how staggeringly sick the rich are now

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2019 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Creep Thumper
Raise your hand if you would walk by a dead man in the street.

< raises hand >

Seriously, WTF am I supposed to do, they're dead. Call 911 & report it, and carry on walking by is about all anyone CAN do.

posted on May, 28 2019 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Creep Thumper

Could you climb Everest? Could you run the Boston Marathon ... or any marathon for that matter?

I won the Gatorade Award my senior year in track and field for my state. Can you say the same?

I'll bet you don't care about it. I'll bet no one here does, and that's perfectly fine. What matters is that the people who have done it, did it. We have those achievements under our belts. *We* know we did it. *We* know exactly what it takes and how hard it is to do and how few other people can say the same. Sure you can say that it's really not that rare, but it's rarer than you think it is. Fewer people than you realize actually manage to do these things.

And it's a point of secret pride for all of us.

posted on May, 28 2019 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Raise your hand if you think there's a street on the way to the Mt. Everest summit.

posted on May, 28 2019 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Raise your hand if you think there's a street on the way to the Mt. Everest summit.

Raise your hand if you really understand the effects of severe altitude sickness like you suffer on Everest. Among other things, you're suffering from extreme fatigue and confusion. When you are fatigued due to lack of oxygen, could you pack out a dead body? If you are suffering confusion from lack of oxygen, are you aware of the dead body to begin with and thinking clearly about what the implications are?

posted on May, 28 2019 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Raise your hand if you're miserable someone has money to spend on something they enjoy and you don't.

edit on 28-5-2019 by AugustusMasonicus because: network dude has no beer

posted on May, 28 2019 @ 07:05 PM
link   

a reply to: Extorris

Walking by a dead man while pursuing egotism is the ultimate in despicable.

Egotism is presuming to know the minds, motivations and character of complete strangers climbing mountains.

There is nothing despicable about walking past a dead body, even more so when your own life is real danger.
edit on 28-5-2019 by Extorris because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2019 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Raise your hand if you can tell the difference between a street by your house and the top of the highest mountain on planet earth?

posted on May, 28 2019 @ 07:15 PM
link   
No pity for the majority.

posted on May, 28 2019 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: ketsuko

Raise your hand if you're miserable someone has money to spend on something they enjoy and you don't.

I have a buddy that goes to Everest base camp annually to meet with other crew from his Spec Ops days.

They would definitely consider themselves still amongst the "elite" but you would have a hard time describing any of them as rich or spoiled.

They just like pushing the limits of what can be done and hanging out with others that like the same.

It just seems so bitter and petty to judge people you don't know.

posted on May, 28 2019 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Extorris
It just seems so bitter and petty to judge people you don't know.

Yup. A few unhappy (base) campers in this thread.

posted on May, 28 2019 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: englishdissident

If you think that’s sick, just look up what they do behind closed doors.

Honestly, taking a picture of a corpse that can’t be moved without extreme danger to whoever tries to move it isn’t that unusual.

But I’d assume that you’d get mad at archeologists who take pictures of a 3500 year old man frozen in ice too?

posted on May, 28 2019 @ 11:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Creep Thumper

"It's not a feat if thousands have done it before. "

Further to this, it's especially not a feat if you use a ladder at any point - you have not actually climbed the mountain. Might as well use a helicopter or chairlift. Bunch of wankers & cheats.

I hope their noses turn black and fall off.

Visit this link to see the ladderfest -

rockandice.com...

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Let's go hiking in the mountains of Afghanistan......

Very different world we live in.....

We are so much different then alike....

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 06:36 AM
link   

at any given time there are probably at least 100 + dead bodies up mount everest and has been that way for decades!
I watched a documentary on it not so long ago

they are actually trying to stop that many people going up because its destroying the mountain top with erosion and waste

depleted oxygen tanks , tents , camping materials and dead bodies are all the mess that is up there
and there are special teams that go up just to bring bodies back down and all the dead tanks etc !

as a result of this over tourism , they have increased the prices of treks and climbs and outings
I think you will pay somewhere in the region of £25,000 and up just to book and climb everest
edit on 29-5-2019 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 07:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: englishdissident
a reply to: mblahnikluver

Poor people do not climb Everest.

They struggle to pay for heating and food.

They do not have tens of thousands of pounds and dollars in disposable income to spend on climbing Everest.

Not poor DOES NOT EQUAL rich... there is a lot of in between. You do not have to be fabulously wealthy to climb Everest... you just have to put some thought and effort into saving for it.

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: DoubleDNH

most working class people if they felt inclined to do so could afford it , if its was on their list of goals in life !

it probably costs around the same price as a new or relatively new car

in 5 years time it will cost the same price as a house and then , working class people wont do it !

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Seems climbing Everest is just another way to comit suicide for some people. But as for saving them? I don't think they can even get a helicopter to some of those areas, maybe a rope drop or something, to get them out, if there lucky and in a clear area that is.

But if you think your climbing Everest and your just going to just stop and pick somebody up and drag them to safety.

Your not only being unrealistic, but completely silly. At those altitudes, I would imagine its everybody for themselves, and if you cant keep up, then you should head back. Or better yet, not be there in the first place.

It has nothing really to do with how rich you are. If your trying to get to the top of Everest, it would likely take all you have just to get you there and back, much less carry or drag somebody else along.

But ya! Climbing Everest, is so cliche. And people need to find somewhere else to commit suicide at.

posted on May, 30 2019 @ 01:56 AM
link   

a reply to: Extorris

Walking by a dead man while pursuing egotism is the ultimate in despicable.

How many cemeteries have you walked past on your way to a personal goal?

posted on May, 30 2019 @ 08:42 AM
link   
uh do you actually know for a fact that these are some of the richest most priveledged people on the planet? Cause im calling BS on that.

posted on May, 30 2019 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I read that there are 300 dead bodies on everest. Seems like a lot I suppose, but not really. Everest is pretty big, the whole population of New York could be dead up there on the mountain and it wont even be a fraction of one percent of the total sum of the mass that mountain takes up.

Though I see the problem. Seems they all follow the same path and so you can run into there bodies while you going along it. And I dont think you need to be all that rich to do it, and if anything its just helping the Napalese and Sherpa families with all that money coming in from wacky westerners wanting to take a selfie on top of a mountain. So I dont think they are complaining.

But ya, I see the issue here. And if it was my mountain, I would be pissed to. The nerve of these climbers polluting the pristine mountain mountain paths with there corpses. How dare they! They dont even have the decency to decompose properly. How rude is that?

The nepalise gov or others may have to get some guys up there with helicopters and some flamethrowers to get rid of all that mess. But even that is risky. Quite a mess indeed. They did not even have the decency to die on some upbeet untroden path, then it can be forgiven a little.

I mean that guy went were nobody has gone before, you can point to them off in the distance and say"crazy #er tried to go way around, were he shouldent" But now! So now there like some frozen totems to remind people of there forever lost in failure and shame, for there trek up the mountain. Its sad indeed, that those trails have been so polluted.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join