It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Picture that reveals how staggeringly sick the rich are now

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 01:27 PM
link   
There is a feces problem on a mountain in North America.

Atop the 20,310-foot Denali in Alaska will find stunning glacier, incredible views and poop. Lots of poop. Since 1906, people have attempted to summit the peak leaving behind tons of feces on the mountain. Now, reports Elizabeth Weise at USA Today, that mountain of waste threatens to be unleashed as climate change warms the mountain and opens literal poop shoots in the surface of the glaciers. Read more: www.smithsonianmag.com... Give the gift of Smithsonian magazine for only $12! http://(link tracking not allowed)/1cGUiGv Follow us: @SmithsonianMag on Twitter

66 tons of human poop on Mt. Denali.
Last year, the Park Service started making the climber bag their poop and bring it back down.

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

I expect them to do exactly what they did.

To queue like good shoppers at the mall waiting for their turn at the till.

Like the good little well trained consumer drones they are, whilst chatting politely about where they went for vacation and their mutual friends, whilst ignoring the dead bodies laying at their feet.
edit on 27-5-2019 by englishdissident because: spelling

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

66 tonnes on one mountain.

That must have added a good fifty feet to the summit height.

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Just remember that every corpse on that mountain was once a highly motivated individual.

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

What a sh!t show!

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: englishdissident

He was said to have been nicknamed "Tiny" by his nanny because of his large size.
wikispooks.com...

I've long been thinking of starting a pro-Tiny Rowlands thread.

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 02:21 PM
link   

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: englishdissident
a reply to: Metallicus

I expect them to do exactly what they did.

To queue like good shoppers at the mall waiting for their turn at the till.

Like the good little well trained consumer drones they are, whilst chatting politely about where they went for vacation and their mutual friends, whilst ignoring the dead bodies laying at their feet.

Are you forgetting, oh wise one, that the dead body was once one of those horrible rich people and had themselves hiked past numerous bodies?

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: englishdissident
a reply to: mblahnikluver

Poor people do not climb Everest.

They struggle to pay for heating and food.

They do not have tens of thousands of pounds and dollars in disposable income to spend on climbing Everest.

Rich people the way you're thinking do not climb Everest either. You act like this is something people just do on a whim. It's a crazy dangerous thing people train for years to do. As has been mentioned, it's the opportunity of a lifetime, and people will save for years in order to buy their chance to do it.

It's a climber thing.

And the complication this year is that the government of Nepal sold more licenses to climb than usual creating a traffic jam on the mountain and leading to more deaths than usual.

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 02:43 PM
link   
If the mountain is killing some of the climbers the undead have to know that any amount of unnecessary time spent up there that they just might wind up right beside the dead. So they don't # with them, that's not a picnic up there, its a life and death situation and I personally wouldn't climb that mountain unless someone payed me 40,000 dollars.
I'm serious I have no use for that mountain. None! Not even to say I've climbed it.

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 04:10 PM
link   

I hate to say it, but if these people didn't fully prepare before trying, their fates were sealed.

People find Frozen bodies up there all the time, I'm surprised sir Edmund Hillary wasn't found up there, it shows his incredible strength and resolve.

A shout out to tenzig Norgay as well, but he had the home field advantage, he could've cartwheeled to the summit.

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

The OP is sneering like these are a bumch of Paris Hiltons up there breaking their nails, but it's hard physical labor and you feel like hell the whole time because of the extreme altitude. Even some of the most physically fit can't do it because the altitude sickness gets 'em.

It's not like a polo club lark. I can't imagine saving $40K for the privilege of freezing my ass off feeling like total crap for days on end and having to endure harsh physical labor while I'm at it, but that's a climber thing. Oh, and risking death too.

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 05:37 PM
link   

From the pic it appears they are committed to the climb - there was no way they could turn around. What would you have them do?

If you spent thousands to do a once in a lifetime Mt Everest climb would you drop everything and not do the top?

Sounds to me that you are looking for anything to pick on - too much time on your hands.

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

I think the OP picked the wrong picture to go with his rant.

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 05:57 PM
link   
The Picture that reveals how staggeringly sick the rich are now

That ain't got jacksnip to do with money.

Climbers are a different breed.

Anyone even trying KNOWS that's an probable outcome.

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 08:02 PM
link   
OP sounds a little delusional...

No one is trecking dead body down the mountain. You don't want to become a dead body also.

Some of the dead bodies are actually markers that have been there for years.

This is part of the risk you understand you are taking when climbing a mountain like this. If you don't like it don't climb the mountain.

These people aren't very rich either, I don't know where you get that from...

posted on May, 28 2019 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Frankly, I could find better things to do. If anything, the climb shows a lack of creativity.

On that note, I can't believe the free climbing we used to do as kids.

posted on May, 28 2019 @ 05:07 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Yeah...I like your response...these climbs aren't done on a whim.

You act like this is something people just do on a whim. It's a crazy dangerous thing people train for years to do. As has been mentioned, it's the opportunity of a lifetime, and people will save for years in order to buy their chance to do it.

posted on May, 28 2019 @ 05:25 AM
link   

When you said "how staggeringly sick the rich are now", I thought you'd post something like this. (Don't click if squeamish.)

i.dailymail.co.uk...

edit on 28-5-2019 by drussell41 because: warning

posted on May, 28 2019 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Blind following the blind, as ever can't see the forest for the trees. After all its called mt everest.
I'll break it down -

MT--- EMPTY
EVEREST ---EVER/REST

To me the sign says leave it mt or forever rest.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join