It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time Magazine Columnist’s Trump Quote Went Viral — Then He Admitted He Made It Up

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle
a reply to: StallionDuck

But hey, that's entertainment lol.

Cheers - Dave

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rewey

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: Rewey

You seem to think that this reflects poorly on Trump, that people can't discern between something he would say and something made up.

I know right? He should have put in a meme, because Trump supporters never believe the false quotes incorporated in memes.

You're a complete Alexander Dumas if you think this only applies one way. What an imbecilic comment.

Oh no, I agree! The right is just as capable of spreading lies, and their followers gobble them up with glee. Trump does it all the time.

+3 more 
posted on May, 27 2019 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

when the left lies, it's "resistance"

when the right lies it's a "constitutional crisis"

funny thing is, the left belives the lefts lies while the right just goes "Meh"

the right acknowledges it's being lied to, the left uses lies to besmirch the right.

"white" lies count as lies but don't put folks in danger.

22 months of lies, that weren't white have hurt the country.

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 10:25 AM
link   

a reply to: Rewey

You seem to think that this reflects poorly on Trump, that people can't discern between something he would say and something made up.

I know right? He should have put in a meme, because Trump supporters never believe the false quotes incorporated in memes.

Apparently, neither do the evil anti-American leftists who trended the lie.

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Time Magazine Columnist’s fake Trump tweet caused a $#!% storm.

Apparently Time Magazine has gone Mad...

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

So, it's a "completely ludicrous quote", yet he threw it out there to the sharks as if and acted like it was real. What a totally ultra leftist thing to do!

You mean to tell me people couldn't tell the difference between a completely ludicrous quote and something trump would actually say?

I'm shocked I tell you. Shocked.

Shocking!

Should we look at what Trump DID actually say, which is just as bad?

“North Korea fired off some small weapons, which disturbed some of my people, and others, but not me. I have confidence that Chairman Kim will keep his promise to me [and] also smiled when he called Swampman Joe Bidan a low IQ individual [and] worse. Perhaps that’s sending me a signal?”

Yeah, it's some kind of signal...LOL

And, we also probably shouldn't be talking about how he's probably going to pardon a bunch of convicted war criminals.
what's a little white lie, as long as it's against Trump AMIRITE! BAMN!

But be sure you harp on Trump for lying, it makes you look sooper virtuous.

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

And getting all bent about lie this makes you look soooper hypocritical.

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 11:18 AM
link   

a reply to: network dude

And getting all bent about lie this makes you look soooper hypocritical.

I'm bent all kinds of crazy ways!

Keep trying snookums, one day, you will find timing and content in your favor. One day.

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 11:31 AM
link   
you got it right

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Two weeks ago, President Trump tweeted that Joe Biden is "Low IQ".

Last week, Kim Jong tweeted Joe Biden is "Low IQ".

Three days ago, President Trump tweeted that he agreed with Kim Jong.

Today, the liberal media is beside itself: "The President of the United States sides with a murderous dictator over a distinguished former Vice President!!"

Media is LOW IQ too, because they have it backwards. Kim Jong-Un agreed with President Trump, first.

Pelosi and the MSM are suffering from degrading mental faculties.

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 03:50 PM
link   

So the point is that his followers are ludicrous morons? Interesting view for him to have.

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 06:26 PM
link   
The MSM wonders why Trump calls them fake news.

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 06:35 PM
link   

" You shall not spread a false report. You shall not join hands with a wicked man to be a malicious witness. You shall not fall in with the many to do evil, nor shall you bear witness in a lawsuit, siding with the many, so as to pervert justice, nor shall you be partial to a poor man in his lawsuit.

– Exodus 23:1-2[9] "

Someone get that Knucklehead a Bible ..........

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

So, it's a "completely ludicrous quote", yet he threw it out there to the sharks as if and acted like it was real. What a totally ultra leftist thing to do!

You mean to tell me people couldn't tell the difference between a completely ludicrous quote and something trump would actually say?

I'm shocked I tell you. Shocked.

But the press wants people to trust them, and then they get shocked when they get called fake news.

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Because it's entirely like something Trump would say, which is why it was believed. Of all the # that comes of his mouth, that made up quotation is no different.

That's the sad part, and says more about the current president than anything else.

Bremmer made his point, and very well.

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence
Because it's entirely like something Trump would say, which is why it was believed. Of all the # that comes of his mouth, that made up quotation is no different.

That's the sad part, and says more about the current president than anything else.

Bremmer made his point, and very well.

That makes it ok then.

In the eyes of the fascist left.

‘By any means necessary’

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

"He made his point"?

Was he writing an Op-Ed or was he writing what was supposed to be factual reporting? I mean, WOW! Reporting the news would be so much easier if instead of using actual quotes people say, we could just make up things that are sort of like things people say.
edit on 27-5-2019 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 09:44 PM
link   
if a fox news columnist made a fake Obama quote up then they would be immediately harrassed and fired.
Why not the same for this dbag.

Anyone supporting the mindset of this guys fake tweet needs to look at themselves as an American and what it actually means... If you agree its ok then you arent a true American or even an honest person

b

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Ahem some of those war criminals are actually innocent due to their prosecutors holding evidence back that would had exonerated them.

posted on May, 28 2019 @ 02:01 AM
link   

WOOT! Now I'm a journalist too!

#notsodeepfakes

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join