It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it wrong to eat Sopressata...???

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

You sound like a Michigan native or resident who is hasn't been there.

Regardless of your sentiment on the marketing (which is true)... You should take M119 through the tunnel of trees and see if for yourself.

I've been through a lot of Michigan, and that spot is sublime for any state.

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Hubby's favoring Sleeping Bear Dunes, but honestly, I don't see why we couldn't split the difference and hit both areas the same trip.

You can totally do both and you should.

I loved Sleeping Bears Dunes.

Hubby's gonna be mad when you get a satisfying view with a gorgeous garden and a grandma's style's cooking with an exotic beer.

Nyiah for the win.

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 09:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

You sound like a Michigan native or resident who is hasn't been there.

Regardless of your sentiment on the marketing (which is true)... You should take M119 through the tunnel of trees and see if for yourself.

I've been through a lot of Michigan, and that spot is sublime for any state.

Florida transplant in reverse -- I came up to MI
Technically a Michigander in a sense, my mother's family is from the Grand Rapids area, and my dad's family is from the Detroit area. I was born in GR, just moved to FL in kindergarten and spent a quarter century hating every minute of it. We'll have been up here 5 years in a few months

I know my late grandmother went to Legs Inn a few times, I think even her third (and final) marriage's honeymoon was there, but outside of mentions in passing, she never really got too in depth about it.

Tunnel of Trees is on the list for this fall. It's on the list every fall, but it always comes down to hubby weighing the pro's and con's of overtime to set aside in savings. That's about when his busy season at work kicks in -- leaf change time.

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Just make sure to visit in the warmer months or legs in isn't open. It's pretty much summer only.

I have a very funny and sentimental story.

So legs in is the real deal, so much so their cabins you mentioned also house the Polish waitresses who come on break to make a bit of coin during the summer while visiting America (they're only there during the heart of summer, too late or early and you might have a local).

So a few years back and I'm in my mid 20`s and there with my mom. She's Italian, and needless to say, I'm a mommas boy and she'll never stop asking about my prospects.

Our waitress is drop dead gorgeous with an accent, I'm melting. She takes our drink order and walks away. Jokingly I tell my mom I should have brought a ring with me, small talk on my perspective of this stunning woman.... Wrong move.

Waitress comes back and my mom goes into total prospective grandma baby syndrome.

"what days do you work, what are you doing tomorrow? Want to come with us to Mackinaw island?"

She said she was odd the next day but was unsure what her plans were. She didn't have a cell for the states and left her Facebook link which had a Polish alphabet extention after the .com/...... I think she was being polite, but who knows.

I do my best not to laugh and also help this young lady from my savage Italian mother on a mission.

Once we leave, we're walking to the car and my mom asks if I'm going to reach out to her. I kind of chuckle and tell her from my angle it doesn't seem like it's appropriate or sensible.

She no chit told me the problem with my generation is that we don't dream. That her parents generation married women from their deployment over seas, and maybe there's something to that.

But what made this one of my favorite stories of all times is that after navigating this conversation with my mom who's trying to set me up with a girl who is not only in another state from which I live, but there visiting from another country. Her final rebuttal was "I'll let you drive".

Most guys would be mortified. It's truly one of the funniest stories I have. Our family is all over the country, when I hang out with my aunts and their Italian guilt drives them to ask if they're being too embarrassing with their overall lovyness.... I retell this story and we all laugh until our sides hurt.

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

A favorite breakfast of mine is ill pan fry some sliced salami. When i flip it, i put a dab of marinated feta on it (feta, olive oil, garlic, some basil, and red pepper flake).

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join