It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Why can't we be greater?

page: 2
0
<< 1   >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by mwm1331
Well thats the thing DRfunk I believe Americans have been chosen by god, for many reasons, to lead the world in a way consitant wth his teachings. I believe he inspired the writing of the US constitution to ensure a powerful government which allthough not technically based on christianity, is one whos core principles are drectly in line wth the teachings of his son. Chosen is not the same as most beloved, We were not chosen for greater privaleges, nor were we chosen to be exalted above others we were chosen to acept the burden of greater responsibilty.

[edit on 4-3-2005 by mwm1331]


ohh now i understand where you are coming from

thanks,
drfunk




posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Mwm1331 that is irrelevant and off topic.

I'll tell you this. You interpretations are not facts they are only perspective. Egocentricity is to blame for many of the degrading comments you make to many members here. You have made many members feel certain ways about you but they do not degrade you in the manner you do.

You talk as if you come from a place of superiority. If you don't want people to look down on you why do you continue to look down on others. This is the intolerant attitude of you and your government. It cannot be broken.

Guerilla War and Bananna Bombs



posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by drfunk

Originally posted by mwm1331
Well thats the thing DRfunk I believe Americans have been chosen by god, for many reasons, to lead the world in a way consitant wth his teachings. I believe he inspired the writing of the US constitution to ensure a powerful government which allthough not technically based on christianity, is one whos core principles are drectly in line wth the teachings of his son. Chosen is not the same as most beloved, We were not chosen for greater privaleges, nor were we chosen to be exalted above others we were chosen to acept the burden of greater responsibilty.

[edit on 4-3-2005 by mwm1331]


DrFunk, don't even pester this being. I hardly doubt it's human. It could be some microsoft chat bot or something. He's towing the line. Shoot if he feels that way about America, where does Israel fit in for him. Hah he is trying to derail this thread. Keep it on focus please people

Keep it on Topic.

ohh now i understand where you are coming from

thanks,
drfunk



posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Oops you have a true talent for mssing the point.
BTW I really dont care who looks down on me, why do you?



posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Welp as a proud american child of god what if your god looks down on your for not having compassion? what about that one heh?

As for proclaiming yourself Christian you arne't following in the footsteps of your Lord Saviour now are you?



posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 06:31 AM
link   
I have a great deal of compassion Oops, I just dont have tolerance for voluntary ignorance or the inabillity to admit a mistake. Nor do I have tolerance for enforced tolerance. I am fine with myself and my relationship with God. As for whther or not, and how I follow in my saviors footsteps thats not for you to decide thats between God and I. Again I ask though why do the opinions of people you don't know, have never met, never seen and will probably never encounter in TRW, matter to you? Is your selfesteem really that heavly influenced by what others think?

[edit on 4-3-2005 by mwm1331]



posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by mwm1331
I have a great deal of compassion Oops, I just dont have tolerance for voluntary ignorance or the inabillity to admit a mistake. Nor do I have tolerance for enforced tolerance. I am fine with myself and my relationship with God. As for whther or not, and how I follow in my saviors footsteps thats not for you to decide thats between God and I. Again I ask though why do the opinions of people you don't know, have never met, never seen and will probably never encounter in TRW, matter to you? Is your selfesteem really that heavly influenced by what others think?

[edit on 4-3-2005 by mwm1331]


Ahh now I will come to assess you...you like to talk about my skills, education, reading comprehension and such....don't you, I know you like to.

Your faith must be hurting. I suggest to you pray to god for repentance. He will lighten your heart and give you peace. Then you won't make war here at ATS just as you hope there is war around the world for all the people you don't have compassion for. Look inside your self and sing this song, "this little light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine, let it shine, let it shine, all the time..."

There is no light in you...take time with your god to find it, then reply to peoples posts.



posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by CazMedia
Welcome alien,
So are you advocating that free speech is only a right if you can afford it?
Pay to Play instead of a right for citizens?

And not trying to pick a fight with you, but this attitude of "go buy your own speech" is comming from someone in a position of power here to limit those he says must pay to speak....I got mine now you get yours eh?

free Speech: Privilage of the elite?

*snip - blah blah blah blah blah ad infinitum*



Heard it all before Caz...not playing your cyber pissing contest.

You've had your answer many many times on this site in regards to this 'mission' of yours...and the answer will be the same again and again too. If you can't accept that - then either a)shut the hell up about it already, or b)find somewhere else to be a martyr.


Peace,
ALIEN



posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by 00PS
Many people will discard this thread and spit in the face of Tolerance calling it a liberal idea. What is tolerance? Tolerance is what we need to have to make ATS a great community.


Tolerance is being tolerant of other's intolerances. Live and let live. If you disagree with it try honestly to prove them wrong. Not everyone is going to see things the way you do, I don't think you can be tolerant until you realize that.

However, I do take exception to the idea that this is only a problem liberals face. Christ, every time a conservative blasts one of the sillier ideas put forth by a member their either a disinfo agent, a warmonger or a sheeple. Just for trying to find the truth. I think there's plenty of intolerance going around from everybody.

Furthermore disagreeing with someones ideas is not being intolerant. There's a few people here that think their posts are brilliant masterpieces. Simply flawless. Anyone that can possibly disagree or find fault with the assertions put forth is a big meanie or working for the "man". That's not exactly tolerant either.

[edit on (3/4/0505 by PistolPete]



posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Alien dismisses the rabble talking about rights,

Heard it all before Caz...not playing your cyber pissing contest.
Hey i didnt start this thread on the idea of "tolerable speech", but i sure as heck am going to participate....

Look Alien, I already let ATS off my hook here by touting it as seemingly the best place for open and intelligent communications, I understand NOONE in Admin power in ATS is interested in, nor must become a champion for this cause or ANY cause other than the mythical "denial of ignorace". Its OK, you dont have to be soo defensive.

But the Issue of "nice speech" or weather or not to speak in a civil tone or not is tied directly to "free speech". Bottom line...FREE SPEECH ISNT ALWAYS NICE, nor should it be sanitized to be so....
sterilization of speech is one of the slippery steps tword fascisim or control of people and their ideas. What good is an idea if you have to HIDE it out of fear or cant get it heard enough to make a difference.

This months T.W.A.T. Sofi is running a thread about the secretive government and media control of information.....Her allegations are fine even tho some of them are only speculative....
My point there is were SOOO worried that the GOV or CORPS or the MEDIA is controling info, yet when it comes to the freedom to Speak as individules, noone is concerned that your voice isnt going to be heard?
No one sees this right as already in SERIOUS jeapordy in other ways than "detention camps for protesters at the RNC"?

Again those alread PAYING TO SPEAK, or representing them pipe in,
Alien blasts,


You've had your answer many many times on this site in regards to this 'mission' of yours...and the answer will be the same again and again too. If you can't accept that - then either a)shut the hell up about it already, or b)find somewhere else to be a martyr.
You mean the standard Corporate line....yes ive heard it, you mean the passing the buck for the responsabillity as communication/info providers/purveyors to NOT concern themselves with speech issues (other than to limit it)? Yep im aware of that too.

Your implication that i am a martyr means you must also see that there IS a cause here, perhaps one worth DYING FOR! As our FIRST civil right, i would think this IS something of high value and not something to just say


shut the hell up about it already
Easy to say when YOU have YOUR right to speak AND YOUR in a position to be the judge of others speech merits or flaws, restrict, or outright ban them. You see NO irony here?
Be silent or Be gone, nice Alien....isnt this EXACTLY the message im questioning? Advocacy of discrimination and the removal of a civil right because someone can BUY it away form you and then demand compliance?

Isnt this the SAME thing i hear spewed about the NWO, Illuminati, BUSH, the GOV, evil Corps and their media lapdogs all the time?

Oh yeah,
its ok to question THEM but not US or other citizen/members about this....

Again im NOT trying to fight ATS or alien, but hearing the line from "the man" only adds weight to my point.

ASIDE from defending ATS or yourself as a MOD (neither is on trial, but seem to be a good example)
What do you think about this in the more general sense Alien,
are you advocating that free speech is only a right if you can afford it?

MUST we only speak as long as its nice?
Does free speech include dissention?
Does it include "hateful" speech?
In order to show tolerance, dont we have to tolerate these forms of speech?
In order to Deny ignorance, Doesnt excluding some forms of speech limit this pursuit?

I await the comming beatdown from "the man".



posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by 00PS


Ahh now I will come to assess you...you like to talk about my skills, education, reading comprehension and such....don't you, I know you like to.

Your faith must be hurting. I suggest to you pray to god for repentance. He will lighten your heart and give you peace. Then you won't make war here at ATS just as you hope there is war around the world for all the people you don't have compassion for. Look inside your self and sing this song, "this little light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine, let it shine, let it shine, all the time..."

There is no light in you...take time with your god to find it, then reply to peoples posts.


Well its nice to see you have an opinion. Now if you can explain what it has to do with me?
I pray regularly so your suggestion is uneeded, as for whether or not there is any lght within me thank you rof your concern but I am practcally glowing.
Now I imagine you intent was to upset and/or offend me, unfortunately for you you can't. I dont allow others to offend, as that would entail giving you power over me. But I do thank you for the concern



posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by CazMedia
I await the comming beatdown from "the man".


You got it...and not because I'm 'The Man'...but because you're an annoying pain in the arse who didn't listen the multitudes of times before.

Go play your games somewhere else.

BANNED



new topics

top topics



 
0
<< 1   >>

log in

join