It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Struggling CNN just dumped a lot of employees

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+18 more 
posted on May, 27 2019 @ 04:06 AM
link   
The official statement by CNN was there would only be 6 or 7 employees affected .. CNN reminds me of the old saying of how can you tell if a politician is lying.. When their lips are moving is the normal answer.

For several years I have avoided anything with a CNN label (Clinton News Network or Communist News Network) and after looking at the ratings numbers I would assume others are doing the same. They can burn/fade away in their own lies and deceit for all I care.

Don’t be fooled by CNN’s statement. This is a whole division and it effects more than just 6 or 7 employees.

In fact they are buying out more that 100 employees as they shed weight:
Staffers are shocked, as the health department is considered successful and CNN recently declared that no layoffs were imminent.
The more than 100 CNN employees who decided to accept a voluntary buyout option included CNN International executive vice president Tony Maddox, who left the ratings-challenged network after 21 years
CNN has been struggling for ratings for a long time

therightscoop.com... p+%28The+Right+Scoop%29

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 04:29 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

I think they are making some room for a big anti Trump - elections team.

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 04:29 AM
link   

I guess there are fewer people using airports nowadays?

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 05:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rewey

I guess there are fewer people using airports nowadays?

More like they're only airing in airports and a few cling ons' TV sets.

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 05:06 AM
link   

One thing we can always thank CNN for though is their epic timing of being on set to film the first plane hit the WTC.

edit on 2752019 by Wide-Eyes because: Grammar

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 05:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

I think they are making some room for a big anti Trump - elections team.

Man I hope so. That’ll help turn California red too.

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 05:10 AM
link   

I refuse to watch CNN as well. That may not sound like a big deal until I mention that prior to 2016, CNN was my sole news source for TV. It was the Billy Bush/Entertainment Tonight fiasco that did it for me; I did then and still do consider it a gross invasion of privacy and an intentional smear campaign to one candidate over another, orchestrated by someone who claimed to be an unbiased press. That's the only reason I watch Fox now.

To be honest, the only thing surprising to me about this is how long they managed to maintain a full staff. CNN has been falling like a rock in the ratings, propped up only by commercial enterprises paid to leave their sets on CNN while no one is watching. The TV in the last motel room I stayed in automatically tuned to CNN every time it was switched on; no one can convince me that is not a paid-for arrangement.

Now, it seems even that cannot keep them afloat.

I tuned out CNN one time before: the 2000 election. George Bush vs. Al Gore. Florida was the swing state. I was watching like a hawk while the returns were coming in, and was shocked to see CNN call the race for Al Gore when their own results were still showing Bush with a fairly decent lead, and polls hadn't even closed in the panhandle (which is traditionally heavily conservative). That led to the debacle with hanging chads and dangling chads, and what did a chad mean?

I think I went to Fox that time, too, if memory serves. Of course, Fox itself is biased conservative, and so I eventually went back to CNN. I actually thought they were smart enough to have learned their lesson (STFU and report the news, not what you want the news to be!) but no... 16 years later they did it all over again, and worse.

Anyway, the 6 or 7 layoffs is a really big deal. Apparently they bought out every employee there who would take the buy out, and it still wasn't enough to keep the boat afloat; they needed 6 or 7 more. That's some pretty deep cuts, and to be honest, as far as I am concerned, it couldn't happen to a more deserving organization.

Maybe they'll be replaced by an actual free press station instead of a mainstream press station. Call me a dreamer...

TheRedneck

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 05:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

One thing we can always thank CNN for though is their epic timing of being on set to film the first plane hit the WTC.

Can you provide a link to video showing the first plane hitting on 9/11??

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 05:21 AM
link   

These stories seem to be a rehash of older stories from the fist week of May all the way back to Jan 2019. Only right leaning news sites are reporting this.

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 05:25 AM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFire

Don't worry, YouTube haven't got round to banning them all yet...

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 05:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

Don't do that.. he was being rhetorical. Now you've gone and thrown reality into this, creating a perpetual conundrum, a surrealist saga that will never end.

What have you done...

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 05:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: gallop

Don't do that.. he was being rhetorical. Now you've gone and thrown reality into this, creating a perpetual conundrum, a surrealist saga that will never end.

What have you done...

Time will tell. 😎

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Awwwwwwwww....

/extreme sarcasm

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Holy # ! How have I never noticed this!? Not so much that they were set up to film it but that it says FIRST plane as if to imply they know more planes are gonna hit the WTC before it happens. Must be the same journalist instinct that led them to the FBI raid at the home of Roger Stone.
edit on 27-5-2019 by drewlander because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 07:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

really?

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

Yes, really.

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

No

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 08:08 AM
link   

no

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Is that it?

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Interesting to see what is considered a lot. 6 or 7 out of about 3000. That's a 1/4 of 1 percent.
edit on 5/27/2019 by roadgravel because: typo

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join