It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Game of Thrones - What the last episode really meant

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2019 @ 02:11 PM
link   
My son, who is as much a Game Of Thrones fan as I am, and I were discussing the last episode of Game of Thrones and after I explained it all, he was like ' wow, thats so obvious, how could I have missed it'.

So for others - here it is.

The end of the Game Of Thrones is basically the end of World War 2, just a little mixed up for entertainment values.

So here it is ;

1) Cersei and Jamie dying in the basement of the Red Keep - basically this was Hitler and Eva Braun dying in the bunker in Berlin. Hitler was Cersei, most obviously when she stood in the window of the Red Keep and refused to surrender.

2) The Unsullied = US Black Troops. The former slaves who were now part of the Allied Army. The slaves link specifically references the Black troops who by the end of WW2 were accepted as true Americans in the US ranks, even though they were descended from slaves.

3 The Dothraki = Russian Army. Stygians. This is obvious by the shape of their swords eg the scythe as in the hammer and sickle symbol of the Soviet Union.

4 ) Daenarys - as with Cersei, the sex was revered. She was Stalin, on her Red Dragon. Said she did what she did eg killing thousands in the name of freeing the people, in reality she / he was a murderous lunatic who really wanted to rule the world.

5) The dragon destroying Kings Landing = mixed references to the fire bombing of Dresden and the atomic bombs dropped on Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

The Nagasaki / Hiroshima link is explicit when the naked man walks out of the smoke and is watched by John Snow. The wound on his back is the exact type of wounds seen in the photographs of victims of the atomic bombs dropped on Japan. The ash falling from the sky. Burnt bodies. Hiroshima.

6) Bran The Broken = the British Empire. Broken and bankrupt after WW2. Still powerful but crippled. Bran is positioned to oversee the end of the British Empire and usher in a new world.

edit on 26-5-2019 by englishdissident because: spelling

edit on 26-5-2019 by englishdissident because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-5-2019 by englishdissident because: spelling

posted on May, 26 2019 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Danaerys' dragon was black not red.

posted on May, 26 2019 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: englishdissident

In b4 too late!!! So you are telling me that WWII was a lie?!!?!?! lol

"The end of the Game Of Thrones is basically the end of World War 2, just a little mixed up for entertainment values." That just clicked in my head. I can see that.
edit on 26-5-2019 by Antipathy17 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2019 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

Its wings were reddish black. At least on my TV they were.

posted on May, 26 2019 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Antipathy17

All wars are based on lies.

As Churchill said " In wartime, truth is so precious that she should always be attended by a bodyguard of lies. "

posted on May, 26 2019 @ 02:42 PM
link   

I loved the final and am fully satisfied with the entire series.

posted on May, 26 2019 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

I think you're the first person that I've heard say that.

posted on May, 26 2019 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: scraedtosleep

I think you're the first person that I've heard say that.

Yep. Pretty much the entire internet hated the final season with a passion, from what I have seen at least. I will refrain from giving a personal opinion, since I am one of the 10 people on the planet that didn’t watch a single episode.

posted on May, 26 2019 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: annoyedpharmacist

I didn't hate it, but felt the last episode was disappointing.

posted on May, 26 2019 @ 03:48 PM
link   

What it meant was the show had tanked two seasons ago.

Six seasons, stop the show.simple. look at the sopranos, it ended in fade of black but the writers knew when to bail before they jumped the shark.

But as long as idiots keep saying 'shut up and take my money!' this rubbish will not stop.

posted on May, 26 2019 @ 04:13 PM
link   
It means that Uhtred, son of Uhtred will save us with a better show. Because those books are done and the showrunners wont have to make up a crappy ending.

posted on May, 26 2019 @ 04:15 PM
link   

G.R.R.M. disagrees.

Like Tolkien, who hated the accusation he was doing allegory, and always bristled at the suggestion that Lord of the Rings was about World War II, or even World War I, which he had fought in. I’m not writing allegory either, but I live in these times, and it’s inevitable that they’re going to have some influence on me.But during the process of writing these, I probably would have been much more immersed in the politics of the Middle Ages and the Crusades and the Wars of the Roses and the Hundred Years’ War.

Time

posted on May, 26 2019 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I loved the entire series but I cannot believe Snow stabbed her nor understand why the dragon didn't eat him. Perhaps the dragon only had a short time to take her somewhere to be revived? Why not, he was, lol

posted on May, 26 2019 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: tayton
I loved the entire series but I cannot believe Snow stabbed her nor understand why the dragon didn't eat him. Perhaps the dragon only had a short time to take her somewhere to be revived? Why not, he was, lol

John Snow was a Targaryen. That's why the dragon didn't chomp him. It appeared that it knew the lack of honor in what Danarius did, that's why it melted the iron throne because it knew that was the purpose for the whole bloody war and also her death.

posted on May, 26 2019 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Dothraki = Mongolians.

The black troops thing, the Eugenicists sought to have their nuts proverbial sniped (sterilized), that scene was all the rage up until WW2 after Hitler whom learnt it from Muricans took it to mechanized extremes. So then Eugenicists had to rename it into "Transhumanism", which now on the home stretch to Transhumanism becoming reality, they've unleashed the Nazi's Complete Social Engineering Handbook, but the 'characters' are all different. Now its hate white people and love minorities. Which the Technocrat's behind this plot literally use as literal human shields. And so on identity groups. So that means adepts in this "new" ideology can run around screaming that they're TOTALLY different than Nazi's, and so on.

posted on May, 26 2019 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

I'd be apt to agree, but the Sopranos didn't exactly end all that well either.

posted on May, 26 2019 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

The dragon was destroying cites long before kings landing, now it had a guilty conscious?
Perhaps it melted the throne because it was his moms and only hers?

Also with your thinking Snow should be able to walk trough fire as well?

I don't believe the dragon saw who killed his mom, so why kill John, was stepdad. Lol

posted on May, 26 2019 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: tayton
a reply to: StallionDuck

The dragon was destroying cites long before kings landing, now it had a guilty conscious?

Which cities did it destroy before kings landing?

posted on May, 26 2019 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Big difference. WWII was very serious business. Millions lost their lives.
GoT turned out to be a dreadful comedy.

posted on May, 26 2019 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat

Sure, put me on the spot, lol

I guess he didn't, maybe I'm wrong but a lot of seen and unseen death was done freeing the oppressed along the way? Can I get away with that? Lol

Guess I don't believe the dragon has a conscience and just did what it was told to do. Doesn't blow fire for the heck of it!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join