It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Total War: Three Kingdoms

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2019 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Creative Assembly have gone back to a historical setting for the latest Total War game in what appears to be a return to form , Three Kingdoms goes to ancient China staring in the year 190 AD , you play as one of the warlords vying for control of the Empire.
The game is based on the 14th century historical novel Romance of the Three Kingdoms

The game released this week and is receiving a good critical response , the last Total War game I played was Attila but I started with the original Medieval so decided to scratch that Total War itch , it just finished downloading.

Anyone played ?

(If I'm not here I'll be in China
)

posted on May, 26 2019 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I really love it so far , the diplomacy and other mechanics are really deep , i love the spy mechanics too.

they really reinvented the series with this one.

I played every installment besides the medieval ones , this one certainly feels deeper.

edit on 26-5-2019 by TheGreazel because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2019 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: TheGreazel

Thanks for the response

I've read the reviews and watched the videos so decided to get back on the bike after Attila handed my ass to me on a plate several times , looking forward to getting in to it as from what I've seen it looks deeper than a rabbit hole.

It may take a while.

posted on May, 26 2019 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Your spies are actually able to penetrate powerfull positions in targetted faction , friendly or otherwise , or set up intelligence networks , wich give your spies more points to distribute to certain actions.

if you got a surplus of food you can trade it off too , against money or treaties and other stuff.

I thought the older total war games lacked diplomatic content and the impact of them would be mild.

In 3 kingdoms if you join a coalition and you are gonna negotiate to try to have others join your coalition your already existing partners could vote against so the deal cannot pass.

I really like that because you really got to think about accepting coalition invites because it could interfere with your long term plans.

posted on May, 26 2019 @ 05:46 PM
link   
3.5 hours in and thumbs up from me , I've only just scratched the surface but already it feels more accessible and fun to play than Attila .

posted on May, 26 2019 @ 11:59 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

played all the total wars but still co back now and again to empires

posted on May, 28 2019 @ 01:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Steveogold

I liked that one , i still got the special forces edition box.

The only Total War game so far that had my own country as a playable faction( The Netherlands )

edit on 28-5-2019 by TheGreazel because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join