It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something in the night sky I can’t describe.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2019 @ 06:42 AM
link   
I’m East of Cincinnati. What my wife and I saw was above our house last night, which is about 30 miles from the downtown area, I don’t have an answer for. We were outside, enjoying a small fire. I looked up to the stars like I always do and noticed something. It was long, and narrow.

Imagine taking a yardstick and holding it up to the sky. That’s how long and narrow this object was from our perspective. Wherever it was, it was obviously much, much larger.

It’s difficult to describe. For starters, it was heading northwest at about a 35 degree heading. The night sky was without a moon so it was dark out. This “object” was lighter than the night sky. But it wasn’t bright by any means. It was more translucent.

Within the length of it, were 6-7 lights. They all faded in and out randomly and with random brightness. My wife and I both noticed it. They were not typical aviation lights at all.

I noticed it at the same time she did. I wouldn’t bring it up without it being noticeable. My wife, who is far from being a skeptic and has no interest in anything aviation related, also saw it. She actually asked “what is that” before I could say a thing.

So we both watched it move from the southeast of us to the north west. We both counted 5-6 lights within this long and narrow transcendent haze. Each light blinked at random, several times.

There wasn’t much more to it. I would not have been able to snap a photo of it. I checked the ISS, and that wasn’t flying over us. I’m completely stumped. It flew in a perfectly straight line. There was no noise and I’m certain it was one object, not several objects.the translucent haze that surrounded it was all one thing.

Thoughts?

Edit: it moved at a fast rate of speed, far faster than any aircraft. We followed it till it past the horizon and out of our sights for about 8 seconds.
edit on 26-5-2019 by Assassin82 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2019 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Disregard, I see there’s an ongoing post on the exact thing we saw.

posted on May, 26 2019 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Sounds like spotlights dancing over the night sky..
I seen those when their are random events downtown

posted on May, 26 2019 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Assassin82

Possibly this?
www.google.co.uk...

posted on May, 26 2019 @ 08:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheBlackDog

Possibly this?
www.google.co.uk...

Yup! It was exactly this. Not knowing what it was beforehand gave it a creepy kind of vibe.

posted on May, 26 2019 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Here's a second angle, basically what most folks saw
Video
edit on 26-5-2019 by ADAMandEVIL because: ETA vid link

posted on May, 26 2019 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Assassin82
Disregard, I see there’s an ongoing post on the exact thing we saw.

It is still pretty cool and awesome that you and your wife had the opportunity to view these line of starlink satellites before they become fully dispersed in the night sky.

posted on May, 26 2019 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

I wonder how fully dispersed they are going to be, when there are twelve thousand of them, for starters,

Also the amount of different kind of forms of pollution is going to be massive.

But hey, if you stop eating meat and stop driving your car we can stop global warming

posted on May, 26 2019 @ 08:54 AM
link   
It is cool that you got to see the launch.

Outside of Ohio, a 35 degree heading is roughly northeast.

posted on May, 26 2019 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
It is cool that you got to see the launch.

Outside of Ohio, a 35 degree heading is roughly northeast.

You’re right. Typo on my part. Thanks for mentioning that!

posted on May, 26 2019 @ 10:59 AM
link   

www.n2yo.com...

I don't know if it's supposed to look like a train all the time, but I provided a satellite tracker for Starlink above.

posted on May, 26 2019 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Imagine how pretty it will look when there are a MILLION of them in there (Already approved)

posted on May, 26 2019 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: ADAMandEVIL

That's beautiful!👍

But I agree with the others, hope this won't become the norm.
edit on 26-5-2019 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

top topics

join