It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If we kill the Electoral College

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2019 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

The electoral college is necessary to keep big highly populated areas from taking over. Five big cities could dictate everyone if we did not have this. New York, California, and Illinois have a real lot of people and they are Democratic strongholds. The Democrats want to get rid of the electoral college because they want their people to rule the country. I think that the way we have it set up now is the proper way to have it, this way a broader spectrum of people get represented.

As a democrat, i agree with what you said...

posted on May, 26 2019 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: tinner07
a reply to: CynConcepts

The flock who is born to be herded and cared for within fencing completely trusts in the shepherd. They notice no difference until too late...as they are corralled and directed down the gated path to the slaughterhouse. Those that notice and try to break out or raise a call of alarm get caught up in the crowded entrapment and are soon silenced with all of the rest.

Which side are you speaking too?

It is a bipartisan statement of fact but alludes to those who get caught up in the herd mentality mindset of follow the majority.

posted on May, 26 2019 @ 02:21 PM
link   
So we have Democrats screaming their fool heads off about voter disenfranchisement in small areas and yet we see Democrats attempting to disenfranchise entire States !!

Brilliant 🤣🤣

posted on May, 26 2019 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman

VERY TRUE

posted on May, 26 2019 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cutepants
a reply to: scraedtosleep

Someone being stripped of their voice implies they had a voice in the first place. What difference would it make for the individual voter?

You say we don't have a voice. I disagree.

I think trump got elected because EVERYONE'S voice was heard.

Without the ec someone like hilary (the person I voted for) would be president every time.

posted on May, 26 2019 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman

originally posted by: conspiracytheoristIAM

Rural people will become Serfs is what the USAToday printed a few days back.

www.usatoday.com...

Rural people will be Serfs if not for the Electoral College. A place where some balance is given to what is needed for each citizen to be treated fairly as possible. That is why George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Alexander Hamilton, Ben Franklin, John Adams and so many others risked their lives. To setup a place all people, especially Rural people get a fighting chance against tyrannical government. The power grabbers have circumvented the COTUS to achieve control of our resources and maintain their power.

Is it right for two or three states to control what the rural part of the US needs without their representation having equal standing in our Congress and Executive branches?

To kill the EC would be to kill the goose that lays a golden egg. Our enemies have tried everything to bring us to our knees because you can be free to get rich here and you can tell us all to go to hell and not go to jail for it.

A good question to ask yourselves:

How many people are flooding our borders to move out of the US?

How will the National Popular Vote Interstate Compact , consisting of 14 blue states and the District of Columbia, be stopped ? Could we be facing some sort of judicial or legislative road-block to the election in 2020 ?

This won't pass SCOTUS review because it disenfranchises other states to violate the COTUS. 66% of the states or 33 of them will have to overturn it.

That's why I made the comment early on in this thread.......if the NPVIC isn't a legal avenue to side-step the electoral college , what's the point of this thread and why worry about it ?

posted on May, 26 2019 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cutepants
a reply to: scraedtosleep

Someone being stripped of their voice implies they had a voice in the first place. What difference would it make for the individual voter?

We got a voice when we kicked the British Empire out of America. Now after almost 250 years they have figured into getting us back under the thumb of the controllers of mankind.

posted on May, 26 2019 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Rural people will become Serfs is what the USAToday printed a few days back.

www.usatoday.com...

Rural people will be Serfs if not for the Electoral College. A place where some balance is given to what is needed for each citizen to be treated fairly as possible. That is why George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Alexander Hamilton, Ben Franklin, John Adams and so many others risked their lives. To setup a place all people, especially Rural people get a fighting chance against tyrannical government. The power grabbers have circumvented the COTUS to achieve control of our resources and maintain their power.

Is it right for two or three states to control what the rural part of the US needs without their representation having equal standing in our Congress and Executive branches?

To kill the EC would be to kill the goose that lays a golden egg. Our enemies have tried everything to bring us to our knees because you can be free to get rich here and you can tell us all to go to hell and not go to jail for it.

A good question to ask yourselves:

How many people are flooding our borders to move out of the US?

How will the National Popular Vote Interstate Compact , consisting of 14 blue states and the District of Columbia, be stopped ? Could we be facing some sort of judicial or legislative road-block to the election in 2020 ?

This won't pass SCOTUS review because it disenfranchises other states to violate the COTUS. 66% of the states or 33 of them will have to overturn it.

That's why I made the comment early on in this thread.......if the NPVIC isn't a legal avenue to side-step the electoral college , what's the point of this thread and why worry about it ?

It's gamesmanship and we are going to be one upping them, not getting even, but getting back up if we actually wake up collectively in time. MAGA.

posted on May, 26 2019 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Ultimately, I believe the intention is to get to a point where you won't even get need to vote anymore.

The rich and powerful know what is best for the drone class.

Globally.

posted on May, 26 2019 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Exactly right. Someone thinks we are deplorable besides HRC. We are the sheep and they are the wolves in Shepherds clothing waiting for us to slip up. Seth Rich's story is our destiny if we get in the way unless we reel the swamp gators into the drain. We can set an example of how it goes when you stomp on the peoples freedoms for some intellectual reason this time and for all time.

edit on 26-5-2019 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2019 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Shhh!!

We're not supposed to see that...

We're not supposed to realize that that so-called voter compact, or WTF ever it's called, does just that...nor are we supposed to notice that it's very unconstitutional and will not pass muster.

Nope, we're supposed to nod our heads like sun-struck cattle and go along with it.

The Electoral College was a stroke of genius by men whose like aren't around today.

posted on May, 26 2019 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I don't necessarily want the electoral college gone, I just think that, on a per-state basis, the EC votes should be proportionate to the popular vote instead of winner take all.

State A has 20 EC votes, Candidate 1 in State A has 49%, Candidate 2 in State A has 51%, votes should go C1 19 EC, and C2 21 EC, or similar.

posted on May, 26 2019 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: LDragonFire
a reply to: DBCowboy

Al Gore would have won the 2000 presidential election and Hilary would have won 2016 if majority ruled.

What people do not understand is States have equal share in our Union, so what this means is South Dakota has the same partnership as California does. This is displayed as Senators with only two each per state where the House represents the population. So we have 438 house votes and 100 senate votes and that means a small state like SD has a say in who will be the federal level president with their 3 votes.

If we suggested 1 vote per 500,000 people then CA would have the voting power of 22 states with about 80 votes for the 22 states and 80 for CA, and when we look at electroral college votes with just population it is about the same in CA has 53 and those 22 other states have 55. Pretty damn close to the popular style, but the kicker is the equality of the states and each state gets 2 extra votes for Senators, and so now those 22 states have 99 total votes to CA 55 giving them power as states on equal grounds with all other states.

I don't know why people find this confusing or wrong...

edit on 26-5-2019 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2019 @ 06:05 PM
link   

The reason the dems want electoral college tossed is because with it gone counties like la county California where during last presidential election they had a voting ratio of for every 2 people eligible to vote 3 votes were counted that means they had a voter turnout of 150 percent which meant a lot of fraudulent votes got counted.. dems have been doing stuff like thks for decades whether I they allow illegal aliens to vote or have people stealing dead peoples identities to vote from beyond.

posted on May, 26 2019 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: proteus33

I agree. It at least seems they are gaming the system and sending people to tell us that we shouldn't believe what our eyes see.

posted on May, 26 2019 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Well, we needn't worry too much about this. They're nowhere near succeeding in getting rid of the electoral college. Even their attempt to bypass the constitution will fail. It's purpose is circumvent the constitution and the need for an amendment, which means they recognize what they're doing is not constitutional.

posted on May, 26 2019 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence
I don't necessarily want the electoral college gone, I just think that, on a per-state basis, the EC votes should be proportionate to the popular vote instead of winner take all.

State A has 20 EC votes, Candidate 1 in State A has 49%, Candidate 2 in State A has 51%, votes should go C1 19 EC, and C2 21 EC, or similar.

So what you are saying is "I don't want the electoral college gone, but I want the electoral college gone".

posted on May, 26 2019 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Rural America always has the power to cut off the food and energy supply. Blue Collar workers can shut the whole country down. It's best not to mess with the Electoral College so that gang infested cities, the source of most drugs and hard core crime control it all. Try feeding the cities without the cooperation of Fly Over States.

The concept of giving all power over to the large cities should unnerve everyone, Democrat or Republican. If it does not, you're either young, never developed critical thinking skills or you think it will benefit you and you just don't give a damn about the future.
edit on 5/26/2019 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2019 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555
Rural America always has the power to cut off the food and energy supply. Blue Collar workers can shut the whole country down. It's best not to mess with the Electoral College so that gang infested cities, the source of most drugs and hard core crime control it all. Try feeding the cities without the cooperation of Fly Over States.

The concept of giving all power over to the large cities should unnerve everyone, Democrat or Republican. If it does not, your either young, never developed critical thinking skills or you think it will benefit you and you just don't give a damn about the future.

I was about to post the same thing.
The Electoral College is all fun and games, until rural America starts feeding it’s own people, and no one else.
Urban centers outpopulate rural, but certainly do not have the landmass to feed themselves.

posted on May, 26 2019 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

Rural America always has the power to cut off the food and energy supply. Blue Collar workers can shut the whole country down.

"We'll cut off your food and energy?"

Why even say such a thing, why would they consider such a thing?

That's essentially extortion against fellow Americans.

And it's thinking like that that harms us as a country.

Smh. Go figure.

The concept of giving all power over to the large cities should unnerve everyone,

Power isn't given to cities. That argument is antiquated BS.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join