It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Loose vs lose

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2019 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Kids - they grow up so fast these days.

One's just getting married and the other one's on her second divorce.

posted on May, 26 2019 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: GreenGunther

Spellcheck doesn't catch everything.

Form and from, for example. If the word you misspelled is essentially spelled correctly, then spellcheck won't generally catch your error. That's why there are still people like me running around at publishing companies.

There = location

Their = group ownership

They're = they are

The problem most people have is that they aren't mentally processing the necessary questions/images to discover which homophone they need in a given context.

posted on May, 26 2019 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986
a reply to: ketsuko

I just want to apologize for making your eyes bleed whenever you read one of my posts.

By the time I get done with some of the crap I've dealt with at work, my own stuff isn't that clean. The bad habits creep in. I often don't bother to pay much attention to my own mistakes and typos.

You'd be surprised though ...

After over 10 years at it, I never really switch off anymore. I find errors in the books I read, and then every time I read the same book after that, I find the same mistake like it's got a giant red flag attacked.

Same here but when I'm on banging out a post or response, I'm most often AT work so I have to throw it out there quick. Often times, I get interrupted with work (go figure lol) and everything goes to pot. When I go back and re-read what I had written (usually after I hit send), I often facepalm myself. I can be my own worst critic!

posted on May, 26 2019 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
That their here, and their getting lose with all they're lose stuff.

Its been so long since they're grammar skills have gone to far; its a shame.

I for one am to pissed off too even talk about this subject. Thats what Im talking about, and thats what Im going too tell you.

That that is a thing is to weird for me, that Im going too get really mad and tell them too take they're ball and go home to.

That that is all I have too say is to weird, and Im going too call bullsnip on the whole thing. Their full of it!

spclly f w dcdd t tk ot ll f th vwls n r sntncs. (t's) sd tht w dn't vn nd vwls t mk smn ndrstnd wht w'r syng.

posted on May, 26 2019 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Two cobras, one is loose, and one I lose.

You don't think they may bite you?

It's in the hands of Shiva, but no, they won't.

They slither back home to their friends.

edit on 26-5-2019 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2019 @ 07:16 PM
link   
But I wonder, in Scandinavia, why do people do odd things?

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

That is a possibility ,As when i was in the school system 4+ decades ago even dyslexia was not known or talked about by teachers ,you were just branded as a slow kid and given extra help , but my hand writing is extremely neat and fancy ,so much so that people do not believe i am dyslexic .

Bet your son is colour blind

posted on May, 28 2019 @ 12:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Svalbard
I understand that not everybody on this site speaks English as their first language, me included. But I’m seriously going to go insane with people posting in threads without the knowledge of the difference between loose and lose. It makes you look incredibly ignorant

Deny ignorance. Educate the loosers.

posted on May, 28 2019 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: GreenGunther

Spellcheck doesn't catch everything.

Form and from, for example. If the word you misspelled is essentially spelled correctly, then spellcheck won't generally catch your error. That's why there are still people like me running around at publishing companies.

There = location

Their = group ownership

They're = they are

The problem most people have is that they aren't mentally processing the necessary questions/images to discover which homophone they need in a given context.

Did you just call me a homophone?!? You spoonerism!!

posted on May, 28 2019 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: GreenGunther
Did you just call me a homophone?!? You spoonerism!!

At least nobody was calling you a paediatrician.

posted on Jun, 1 2019 @ 02:56 PM
link   
This one is easy. Lose is when you dont win. Loose is my first wifes vagina

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join