It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Multi National Sighting UFO or Some Space Thing

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2019 @ 10:15 AM
link   
According to the Mufon site, I guess a number of folks from France to Oregon to Minnesota and possibly beyond saw an odd straight line of "lights" in the sky moving west to east on 5/24/2019. Many took photos. It looks more like a high jet contrail to me. Or maybe some kind of rocket or test or something. I haven't checked the space sites. Anyway, a lot of people saw it. Did you?

edit on 25-5-2019 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2019 @ 10:34 AM
link   
SpaceX Starlink Satellites

I was unaware of this and here is more info.
Starlink Mission
edit on 6amf31384631 by waftist because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2019 @ 10:37 AM
link   
nvm waftist wuz first.
edit on 25-5-2019 by ausername because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2019 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: ausername

Yea yea..I was first schee, so move along,move along! Haha I kid, hey we were only 3 minutes apart so kudos to your valiant investigative efforts as well
edit on 6amf31471031 by waftist because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2019 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

Saw something like this in the early 90s, looked weird, this looks weird too.

If someone needed to fly dozens of high tech machines from point A to point B would a rocket launch at the same time be enough for a cover up?

Entertaining idea
edit on 25-5-2019 by solve because: (no reason given)

I would imagine that it is not impossible for the satellites to carry a cam with them, would bee interesting too see the footage from their perspective.

posted on May, 25 2019 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Thanks for the original report. LOTS of people are seeing and imaging lots of extremely interesting sky spectacles these days and usually reporting them as UFOs even if they usually [but not necessarily always] are other activities of interest to science, law enforcement, and the general public. The only thing that matters is that the observations are publicized and described accurately. Kudos.

Here’s one type of missile test in Russia thats been making spirals:
satobs.org...

It's been going on for decades but these days there are MORE weird-looking space/missile stuff, more pocketcams, and a new instant-publication communication net.

satobs.org...
satobs.org...

edit on 25-5-2019 by JimOberg because: typos

posted on May, 25 2019 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: solve

If someone needed to fly dozens of high tech machines from point A to point B would a rocket launch at the same time be enough for a cover up?

Entertaining idea

I would imagine that it is not impossible for the satellites to carry a cam with them, would bee interesting too see the footage from their perspective.

That's exactly what they are, high tech machines being moved from point a to point b. The Falcon 9 that launched them had several cams in place where you could see the deployment take place.

posted on May, 25 2019 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: waftist
SpaceX Starlink Satellites

I was unaware of this and here is more info.
Starlink Mission

That sure looks like it. Thanks! I was thinking that if it was a busted up comet or something then the Earth dodged another bullet.

But this was certainly noticed by people. I suppose it proves in some way that if something really super unusual showed up high in the sky and stuck around more than a few seconds, there actually would be a number of people to see it and get pictures.

posted on May, 25 2019 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

Is it this?

Is that piece a carrier that releases the satellites?

I wonder how big they are.

posted on May, 25 2019 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: waftist
a reply to: ausername

Yea yea..I was first schee, so move along,move along! Haha I kid, hey we were only 3 minutes apart so kudos to your valiant investigative efforts as well

Nothing gets past the eagle-eyed efforts of us ATS members who have no life!

posted on May, 25 2019 @ 11:44 AM
link   

How cool this perspective looks?

posted on May, 25 2019 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: JimOberg
Thanks for the original report. LOTS of people are seeing and imaging lots of extremely interesting sky spectacles these days and usually reporting them as UFOs even if they usually [but not necessarily always] are other activities of interest to science, law enforcement, and the general public. The only thing that matters is that the observations are publicized and described accurately. Kudos.

Hopefully the people who recorded and reported it first will find out that it was the SpaceX launch and not continue to think it was a Vogon Constructor Fleet or something. Maybe they'll seek out ATS. Maybe Mufon will post something about it.

Yeah, as you said, lots of odd things happening in space these days.

posted on May, 25 2019 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I've got a bad feeling about this...

SpaceX is building its Starlink megaconstellation to provide affordable internet access to people around the world. The spaceflight company aims to launch 12,000 satellites in all for the constellation. At least 400 satellites are needed for "minor" coverage and 800 for "moderate" coverage, Musk has said.

For comparison: There are only about 2,000 operational spacecraft in Earth orbit today. The sheer number of Starlink satellites planned by SpaceX is staggering, according to Langbroek.

Space.com link from above

posted on May, 25 2019 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Nothing to worry about,

-Edit to save space, irony translates badly in text form-

posted on May, 25 2019 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: solve

In 50 years of space development mankind has launched 2,000 satellites. SpaceX and India plan on increasing that by a factor of 6 by the end of the next decade. Nothing to worry about, eh?

How about space junk?

How about a "cascade"? Then there will only be GEO's left, all the LEO's will be gone, along with the ISS, and the Earth will be surrounded by an impenetrable fusillade of shrapnel traveling at 25,000 miles per hour in every direction. Space will then be off-limits for mankind forever more after that (because nothing can launch through it and survive).

Even if that doesn't happen, how long before the stars will be replaced with all these little dots flying by at all hours of the night?

How long before space advertisements? Giant billboards floating by in the night sky? Oops, they're already getting ready to do that, sorry.

Nothing to worry about?

Oh, but hey, at least everyone on planet Earth will have Internet to get more advertising drilled into their skulls from every conceivable direction!

Technology has run amok.

edit on 5/25/2019 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2019 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Very cool that it almost looks like a line

posted on May, 25 2019 @ 01:39 PM
link   

How long before space advertisements? Giant billboards floating by in the night sky? Oops, they're already getting ready to do that, sorry.

This kills me and I too have pondered the inevitable day when our skies, both day and night are defaced...uuughh!!
I would hope that such events would be internationally chastised and halted. I too deplore the efforts to stab and brand our consciousness with marketing. Yes I know it's part of the free market and such but that doesn't mean it can't have limitations and boundaries. If there was ever a need to boycott a product, well this would be one in my book.

posted on May, 25 2019 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: ausername
nvm waftist wuz first.

r/wooosh

I dont get it still.

damn tablet making me editses..

edit on 25-5-2019 by gallop because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2019 @ 02:11 PM
link   

" LOTS of people are seeing and imaging lots of extremely interesting sky spectacles these days and usually reporting them as UFOs even if they usually [but not necessarily always] are other activities of interest to science, law enforcement, and the ge [but not necessarily always] are other activities of interest to science, law enforcement, and the general public. The only thing that matters is that the observations are publicized and described accurately. Kudos."

Read the post thrice..
edit on 25-5-2019 by gallop because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2019 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Thats correct.
I seen it in the CMS on MUFON Canada.
It was spotted over Alberta Canada and then over British Columbia.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join