It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump invokes emergency powers to sidestep Congress and sell arms to Saudi Arabia

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2019 @ 01:04 AM
link   
proxy wars get me wet

posted on May, 26 2019 @ 01:11 AM
link   
a reply to: links234

When will Interpretations and Opinion Pieces Not be Considered Real News Again ? Hope in my Lifetime for Christ's Sake .........

posted on May, 26 2019 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: olaru12
I remember that it was Saudis responsible for 911. 3000 Americans murdered!!! And trump wants to sell them arms.

What could possibly go wrong?

Can you imagine the outrage if a democrat proposed such treason?

How so? Al Qaeda started by US backing in Afghanistan to fight the Russians to further become radicalized whose main goals were to drive the infidels out of the Middle East, mainly Americans, but being so radical they killed many not agreeing with their extremist views.
I think there is a better chance that 911 was sponsored by the US as a false flag more than Saudi...

I have a feeling in my gut, that if we attack Iran, Russia will defend them, and, if it gets bad, China will jump in too, and not to our side, either.

I know Trump thinks he's got Putin, they're working some deal about Iran and its resources, but I think it's a big mistake to trust Putin to back US interests in that region.

posted on May, 26 2019 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

By the second term inflation should be rising the national debt will have 4 trillion more and he will hire more pedophile defenders, neo con war hawks, wall street bankers and maybe pump up the nepotism a level and make a cabinet appointment for the children.

Why do you keep bringing up Obama?

Because trump's numbers are far worse than obama. Obama had trumps deficit numbers when he was using all the bailouts.

Trump is using bailouts (printing press debt spending) without a recession and causing debt and expansion at the same time. Record debt. More than obama.

posted on May, 26 2019 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: AaarghZombies

Regardless of who the president is, and who controls which house, I think that it sets a very dangerous precedent to have a President who keeps using executive powers to sidestep the checks and balances that are supposed to prevent abuses of power. Particularly when it comes to selling weapons to regimes that we know have little respect for human rights, and which we know are involved in foreign wars to prop up other dubious regimes.

This isn't a trump thing. I'd feel the same if it were Obama, Bush or Clinton.

Yea, it seems no matter who is president, when the Saudis say jump, we say how high.
Also, I think it is Saudi Arabia that is pushing for war with Iran.
They have no love for the Shias.

We'll be fighting the Saudis holy war for them which will make their violent form of Islam the dominant one.

posted on May, 26 2019 @ 10:57 AM
link   

" Trump invokes emergency powers to sidestep a Radical Democrat Controlled Congress Dead Set on Opposing Any Policy he wishes to put forward come Hell or High Water and sell arms to Saudi Arabia "

Amended for Context .

posted on May, 26 2019 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter

Just seen it on BBC news. They showed Trump with a demo board pointing to deals while the Saudi princes next to him appeared to be failing to restrain themselves from bursting into giggles. Total classic footage

Thing is though, Trump is doing the right thing. Like it or not Saudi's have bag loads of dosh and somebody will step in if Trump doesn't sell them the steel. Russia, Brits EU China all want that dosh, it's gonna go to one of the. Saudi is outnumbered 3/1 in population by Iran, they need the power to keep the Iranian menace in check.

Maybe those other countries can also be the Saudis puppet and attack Iran for them instead of us as well.

posted on May, 26 2019 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: UpIsNowDown
So America is still arming the world, we outsiders see each and every president regardless of political bias selling mass amount of arms to unstable countries all for the mighty $$$

Freeing nations one bullet at a time

I remember when it used to be a conspiracy theory that we sold weapons to terrorists. I had people asking where the tinfoil hat was, we would never do such a thing they said.

posted on May, 26 2019 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

" Trump invokes emergency powers to sidestep a Radical Democrat Controlled Congress Dead Set on Opposing Any Policy he wishes to put forward come Hell or High Water and sell arms to Saudi Arabia "

Amended for Context .

The vote had several Republicans in both house and Senate and frankly wasn't very close.

posted on May, 26 2019 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I would like someone to prove me wrong, but the deepstate has been itching for a war with Iran for years. It does not matter who is president. It does not matter who we vote in.

The citizens of this country have 0 say about it, so the responsibility and resulting damage will not be on our shoulders.
edit on 26-5-2019 by jacobe001 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2019 @ 11:37 AM
link   

I remember that it was Saudis responsible for 911. 3000 Americans murdered!!! And trump wants to sell them arms.

I remember when there were images of Obama wearing a muslim turban when he would serve the interests of the Saudis.

It looks like Shiek Trump has earned one as well.

posted on May, 26 2019 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: englishdissident
Selling hi tech weapons to the regime that sponsored 911.

What could go wrong eh.

We do not have an extradition treaty with Saudi Arabia either.
One of their own commits a crime in this country and Saudi Arabia sends them bail money and a plane ticket back home and there is nothing we can do about it. This has happened several times in the past few years where Saudi Nationals killed US citizens and flew the country..

In a more logical world, it would make more sense if we was arming Iran to take out Saudi Arabia. They are the biggest terrorist in the planet.

posted on May, 26 2019 @ 11:47 AM
link   

How so? Al Qaeda started by US backing in Afghanistan to fight the Russians to further become radicalized whose main goals were to drive the infidels out of the Middle East, mainly Americans, but being so radical they killed many not agreeing with their extremist views.

I think there is a better chance that 911 was sponsored by the US as a false flag more than Saudi...

No, half the Saudi Family supported the training camps with money because jihad is one of the main pillars of Islam. They also funded maddrasses across the world with their violent form of Islam and encouraged the muslims to travel to Afghanistan for training.

Look how many muslim forigners were in Afghanistan.

posted on May, 26 2019 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

originally posted by: UpIsNowDown
So America is still arming the world, we outsiders see each and every president regardless of political bias selling mass amount of arms to unstable countries all for the mighty $$$

Freeing nations one bullet at a time

Don't look now, but the UK sells weapons to Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Burundi, and the Maldives.

2nd largest arms exporter in the world.

You outsiders should spend less time looking at us, and spend more of it looking in a mirror.

We arm terrorists, encourage war and fighting and then act surprised when some of those terrorists attack us in our own lands....duh.

posted on May, 26 2019 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: jacobe001

Also, I think it is Saudi Arabia that is pushing for war with Iran. They have no love for the Shias.

The real truth of this.

posted on May, 26 2019 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

Also, I think it is Saudi Arabia that is pushing for war with Iran. They have no love for the Shias.

The real truth of this.

Yep.
It is quite amusing when you think about it.

Trump and his supporters, are supporting the motherland of Islam in attacking one of their oldest enemies.
I would feel like a donkeys ass.
Of course, all presidents have been doing this.

posted on May, 26 2019 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Of course, all presidents have been doing this.

Oh yes, indeed they have, and to a point I understand their dilemma. Still seems like making deals with the devil.
edit on 26-5-2019 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2019 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Personally I would put the entire leadership of the USA, Israel, Iran and Saudi Arabia on the 'Total Lunatics List - do not sell them anything with a sharp edge or pointy end '.

All of them appear to be mirror images of each other, each seeking the orgasmic oblivion of some pseudo-religious apocalypse.

posted on May, 26 2019 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: englishdissident

Personally I would put the entire leadership of the USA, Israel, Iran and Saudi Arabia on the 'Total Lunatics List - do not sell them anything with a sharp edge or pointy end '.

All of them appear to be mirror images of each other, each seeking the orgasmic oblivion of some pseudo-religious apocalypse.

Hah, that reminds me of one of the characters in Quake the game.
Grunt - A modified humanoid with wires transplanted into their brains that send them joys of orgasmic ecstasy every time they kill others.

Those countries are run by grunts.
Remember Hillary's, we came, we saw, he died.
Only a monster devoid of any humanity can say that.

posted on May, 26 2019 @ 01:59 PM
link   
You say the White House creating emergencies and bypassing congress has become the new normal. Can you give an example of another instance besides this talking point that you feel this occurred?

I want diplomatic solutions, not war. I've only heard the White House say they don't want war as well. The congress has stopped any action the White House seems to take, while I don't like the idea of selling weapons, I see the White House as trying to bring in revenue (in the tune of billions of dollars).

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join