It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump invokes emergency powers to sidestep Congress and sell arms to Saudi Arabia

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2019 @ 07:24 AM
link   

L ink

L ink

L ink

Funny how that goes, huh?

posted on May, 25 2019 @ 07:27 AM
link   
If it was a dem president that sold weapons to Saudis this thread would be filled with outrageous Bible thumping zealots from the south telling us all how we sold out to Muslims.

posted on May, 25 2019 @ 07:29 AM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Well that is great. When will people realize we been had. Are people seriously going to say he is doing it because of a secret "other" plan, the real plan. to save us all! Ahahaha

posted on May, 25 2019 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: ATruGod

There still is not emergency at the southern border.
It was all just another LIE!

posted on May, 25 2019 @ 07:39 AM
link   

This gives us a good idea about how HE thinks and what HE does when faced with a crisis.
It shows that misdirection is not off the table for him. Not any more than any other lie.

posted on May, 25 2019 @ 07:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

This gives us a good idea about how HE thinks and what HE does when faced with a crisis.
It shows that misdirection is not off the table for him. Not any more than any other lie.

Projection 101. I think trump assumes everyone is as dirty and as small minded as he is, so if you look at the things he accuses others of it's generally a road map for what he himself would do or has done.

posted on May, 25 2019 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: AaarghZombies

It won't be much longer.
Its almost over now.

posted on May, 25 2019 @ 07:48 AM
link   

He is a walking text book on neurotic and anti social behavior.

He must have had a horrible childhood is all I can figure.

posted on May, 25 2019 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Can I point out...

No one is reporting this.

posted on May, 25 2019 @ 07:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
Can I point out...

No one is reporting this.

I would also like to point out, to get off your high horse because your side is just as bad in the grand scheme of things.

posted on May, 25 2019 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheGreatWork

Well that is great. When will people realize we been had. Are people seriously going to say he is doing it because of a secret "other" plan, the real plan. to save us all! Ahahaha

I think that even to the true believers the idea of trump playing some kind of 4d chess is over with. At this point I'd expect to see them argue about how necessary a war with Iran is. How we need to bring them "freedom".

It's funny we never bring "freedom" to anywhere that doesn't have natural resources we can pillage.

posted on May, 25 2019 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: links234

The border was an emergency, this act I do not like so much.

posted on May, 25 2019 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

You can, but you'd be wrong. I saw it reported by everyone.

posted on May, 25 2019 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: links234

Proof that no mater who you are when you sit in the big chair money is the master, not the people.

posted on May, 25 2019 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

This isn't about the money I don't think. Trump is doing it, so the buck stops there, but it was not his idea.

posted on May, 25 2019 @ 08:46 AM
link   

edit on 5252019 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2019 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

This isn't about the money I don't think. Trump is doing it, so the buck stops there, but it was not his idea.

Of course it's about money! Trump said so when people were up in arms about the killing of Jamal Khashoggi , and then the beheading of something like 37+ political dissidents.

“This took place in Turkey and to the best of our knowledge, Khashoggi is not a United States citizen,” he told reporters in the Oval Office on October 11 — just one week after the murder.

He added, “I don’t like stopping massive amounts of money that’s being poured into our country,” referring to his desire to sell $110 billion worth of weapons to Saudi Arabia. “It would not be acceptable to me.”

Trump, it seems, just doesn’t want to risk losing incoming Saudi cash. Beyond the arms deals, Riyadh said it would invest about $20 billion in US infrastructure projects. Trump has consistently promised to rebuild much of America’s crumbling roads, bridges, and airports, but would rather not use much taxpayer money to do so. And the Pentagon support Saudi Arabia’s military mission in Yemen with intelligence support.

www.vox.com...
edit on 25-5-2019 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2019 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

Of course it's about money! Trump said so when people were up in arms about the killing of Jamal Khashoggi , and then the beheading of something like 37+ political dissidents.

Hey, who knows how 2020 is going to go. It'd probably be a good idea for a stable genius of a businessman to have an option for some of that Saudi Arabian money once he's out of office.

If for nothing else than the massive lawyer bills he's going to be dealing with.

posted on May, 25 2019 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Great, this was not Trump's idea. I am not for this, but it does not seem to be about the money.

posted on May, 25 2019 @ 09:39 AM
link   

a reply to: Sookiechacha

Great, this was not Trump's idea. I am not for this, but it does not seem to be about the money.

It is now, because Congress passed a resolution that Trump is bypassing, which he is bypassing because of a new executive emergency that he invented.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join