It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unknown Objects in the sky? Possible satellites?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Gday. At between 8:15pm and 8:30pm I saw two strange objects in the sky and was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction in regards to finding out if there were any satellites or what-not overhead at the time in question.

I'm just curious what they were, as they were too high up, too small and moving too fast to be planes (I watch planes flying overhead to Brisbane all the time so I know what one looks like hehe).

They were basically nothing but pinpricks in the sky, pretty much identical to those stars that are ALMOST too small & faint to see with the naked eye. The difference with these two objects which flew overhead in the exact same path within 10mins of each other, was that well...they were moving, in a steady, dead straight line, heading very slightly north west (mostly north). I'm not sure how they caught my eye considering how faint they were, but they did.

Funny thing is, they both caught my eye roughly 1/3 - 1/2way across the sky in pretty much the same spot both times, and only took at most 5mins to move north-west untill they were almost over the horizon at which point they became too faint for me to see. They weren't flashing. One was a steady white colour and if it wasn't moving I would have mistaken it for a star, and the other had a very faint yellow/orange hue to it.

Any help would be appreciated
That's pretty much as much detail as I can give you guys. My location was Lismore, NSW, Australia if that helps

E_T

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Definitely satellites... man is good at trashing even space, there's thousands satellites up there.

Funny thing is, they both caught my eye roughly 1/3 - 1/2way across the sky in pretty much the same spot both times
They might have come out of earth's shadow at that point.

If you go to dark place and let eyes adapt to dark you might see multiple satellites at same time, even going to little different directions.

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Ya ive seen a few satillites before. Kinda ego-killing when you think how far away it is.

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I saw what you described in the sky the other night too. I'd have to say I think it was a satellite.

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 08:52 PM
link   
i've seen a similar object a while ago, VERY faint, it looks like it had 3 goldish lights in a triangular formation, they travel fairly slow.

new topics

top topics

join