It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unmasking Revelations About To Break On Former UN Ambassador Samantha Power

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

The problem is it's more likely the media is taking it out of context or fabricating a story. Not that it's impossible joe didnt know but I think it's less likely than the media stretching the truth.
edit on 24-5-2019 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier

administration has declared an emergency to bypass Congress and expedite billions of dollars in arms sales to various countries -- including Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates

Emergency my --- nevermind.

I can't even get started now on what I'm thinking.... I need to fix dinner....

But grrrrr! And thanks for the heads up. I hadn't seen this yet.

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

administration has declared an emergency to bypass Congress and expedite billions of dollars in arms sales to various countries -- including Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates

Emergency my --- nevermind.

I can't even get started now on what I'm thinking.... I need to fix dinner....

But grrrrr! And thanks for the heads up. I hadn't seen this yet.

I know I may appear liberal but I assure you I am a less government person. But for real. Not only less if it's a liberal thing.

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

The problem is it's more likely the media is taking it out of context or fabricating a story. Not that it's impossible joe didnt know but I think it's less likely than the media stretching the truth.

I considered that as well, and agree. That could be exactly what they're doing to protect Obama/keep his name out of this. With the bickering among the intel heads, and more mumblings about Obama must have known, this could be their Hail Mary. The media has protected and propped up Obama from the gitgo....

I'm not stuck on that theory. Just thinking out loud. Like I said, I'm surprised Biden was allowed in on the super secret stuff to begin with! So I'm not sure what to think yet.

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 07:23 PM
link   

The real story is who is finally going to debate the surveillance laws themselves.

Let's face it. If they were not completely made a gray area we would already have people in cuffs.

I think what we have here is the equivilant of cops abusing probable cause but the law being too vague to prove criminal intent eith the whole spying case.

Let me clarify I think it's totally immoral it just may be the reality based on the laws that keep passing to take away the 4th
edit on 24-5-2019 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 07:43 PM
link   

I agree. Government can't be entrusted with such powers after they have abused them.

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 08:00 PM
link   

yes he did re-authorize FISA, but to my mind it was to keep up appearances and data.

Now that data can be used to expose the coup, and the players.

and no laws that say it cannot be exposed.

the Meuller report was never "suposed" to be public, by LAW, that the DEMOCRATS PASSED

you did know that correct?

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: thedigirati

I disagree because those powers need to be stopped. There is no good use of unconstitutional power including to bring down bad guys.

Fisa has been abused for decades. I don't think you get that.

I am.not a Democrat just so you don't feel the need to direct the conversation that way. I hold them responsible for this as well.

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: thedigirati

FISA had a need. Now that we have seen it's abuse it needs to go.

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 09:06 PM
link   
were did I defend FISA, anywhere? don't read more into what I post

FISA, in my mind, has no legal basis in the constitution or law.

it was quite like the forfeiture laws to combat drugs, and I think from the same source/origin.

this all comes from a life time IN politics, unless one is royalty, NO should live a life in politics.

posted on May, 25 2019 @ 05:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lagomorphe
And we non Murican plebs from 3rd world countries have been taught that Murica is the bestest place on earth...

Shocked... NOT.

And what perfect nation are you from?

posted on May, 25 2019 @ 05:35 AM
link   

a reply to: shawmanfromny

Yep legally...

Again there is zero proof of crimes. And since you don't appear to understand the "probable cause" chain the FBI uses or the history of FISA abuse and the lack of penalty for those literally caught falsifying data to judges, I think in this case you may be ignorant of the topic you presented.

Is it possible obama DOJ went beyond sure. There just is no proof.

But why would our UN ambassador request that 300 Americans have their names revealed? What legitimate reason could she have had? Smells extremely fishy.

posted on May, 25 2019 @ 06:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

originally posted by: cognizant420
a reply to: Lagomorphe

Go back to your 3rd world.country if you do t like it here, and take some Democrats with you before the finish turning us into a 3rd world country

And people wonder why we have the reputation that we do^^^^^^^^^^^

I no longer care what the rest of the world thinks about America. We have far more immigrants than any other nation — almost four times as many as second place Germany. In reality, there are probably closer to five times as many according to a recent study of illegal immigrant numbers done by MIT and Yale professors.

We have sacrificed so much for the world and contributed more than any other nation over the last 100 years. What have we gotten in return? New territory? Loot? Tribute? A little gratitude?

America is far from perfect, but this planet would be a hellhole if we’d never existed or remained isolationist.

posted on May, 25 2019 @ 06:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Scapegrace

Yep, it seems odd. I will await the conclusion of the investigation to see though rather than #OrangeManBad rush to judgement.

posted on May, 25 2019 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Scapegrace

I don't know really but I do know the laws keep including more people caught in the net.

One reason could be they saw (or fabricated) a pattern that met the criteria to have unmasking out of national security concern or election fraud worries.

Once you realize loosening these laws creates a situation very similar to "probable cause" for street cops. Very easy to abuse and hard and costly to fight and prove there was malicious intent and not negligence.

In the past fisa abuse has led to civil suit fines for retribution. Under the premise of personal 4th amendment right violation.
edit on 25-5-2019 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2019 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

They are making a political show and going after the people who spied.

As I said actually proving a crime is near impossible because of the laws. If they were serious they would review fisa laws not the people who used the power they were given. FiSA abuse has been in the news since the early 2000"s.

No... they are going after those who violated the law by lying to the FISA court to get the warrants.

Also, a ton of un maskings, in violation of the laws governing access to this data.

I hate the existence and nature of the FISA court as much as anyone, but the reality is, there are very strict laws governing who gets access, how, and when. Violate these laws, and go to prison. This is what happened, and this will now be proven.

You should be glad.

FISA needs to be declared UnConstitutional for violating freedoms guaranteed to us. The Cabal has been eroding them since just after the Civil War, it seems it started with the KKK wanting to keep something from happening and we know who those people really are and it isn't Conservatives.

posted on May, 25 2019 @ 10:26 AM
link   

a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Not that strict. They have been abused and caught many many times with very little recourse.

www.nytimes.com...

Excellent observation!

We need "WOKE" people to focus on this and stop listening to fake reporters on CNN and wherever.

posted on May, 25 2019 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman

People think I am.giving obama a pass for some reason.

What I am saying is it is very likely all this was legal or fabricated close enough to the terrible surveillance laws it can't be criminally punished.

Time to start focusing on the votes for this stuff. Including if the president signs more expansion.

Yeah the bad actors should be investigated by it's far more important to prevent more by shutting down the law.

My guess is now trump wants to use it..then the next guy...then the next until it's as common as taking bribes from large corporations.

posted on May, 25 2019 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Pleas he was hip deep in Saudis pockets because he and Cheney were oiled men . So instead of launching a couple of tactical nukes into Saudi desert to let them know not to poke the big dog we rolled up our newspaper and hit Afghanistan meanwhile protecting the poppy fields and then he said well papa was made a full of by Saddam let's go after him next. No I have no sympathy for any of the bushes or Obama's or Clintons the only country in middle east we should have went to war with is one our leaders like to kiss behind of the most Saudi arabia.

posted on May, 26 2019 @ 04:29 AM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

Of course Obama and the NSA spied on US citizens.

After 911 George Bush passed the Patriot Act allowing the US govt and NSA to spy on any Americans they wanted too.

You think Trump today and the NSA aren't spying on Americans ?

LMAO
edit on 26-5-2019 by englishdissident because: Spelling

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join