It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unmasking Revelations About To Break On Former UN Ambassador Samantha Power

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

The rise and hopefully the next fall of the 4th Reich

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: luthier

You and I are in full agreement.

And I think the funniest comment you made though was that Biden wouldn't know because they wouldn't have trusted him enough to tell him. He was the inverse of Dick Cheney, basically having very little input into the administration that shared all the wrong qualities from the former admin. Some will say "well at least Biden makes good memes", but I argue not the best ones... Listen, if there was something Dubya had, it's that his level of dufus was so high, you almost had to like him....

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Legally?? Boy are you asleep at the wheel!

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I have a soft spot for W.

Veterans are a big deal to me as a moral obligation for their service to look out for their welfare both on and off the field in return for their sacrifice.

Obviously that social contract is broken in the US.

W actually feels very very bad for his part in the terrible strategies of the two wars he entered. He seems to possibly even have depression about it.

There are not many empathic people in politics these days so it's kind of nice in a way he suffers with his choices.

Dick never lost a wink.

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: shawmanfromny

He was mocking that fact that it could be defended as legally...

Because every administration as of recently has been stripping our stock in rights and handing it to the "security and justice" apparatus.

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

Yep legally...

Again there is zero proof of crimes. And since you don't appear to understand the "probable cause" chain the FBI uses or the history of FISA abuse and the lack of penalty for those literally caught falsifying data to judges, I think in this case you may be ignorant of the topic you presented.

Is it possible obama DOJ went beyond sure. There just is no proof.

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

originally posted by: shawmanfromny

He was mocking that fact that it could be defended as legally...

Because every administration as of recently has been stripping our stock in rights and handing it to the "security and justice" apparatus.

Thank you!

I HATE it has a legal defense. I want that changed. But it takes people voting to roll back surveillance laws.

I hate I can be pulled over in NJ for grateful dead stickers (not sure it's still the casw) but it doesnt get changed by blaming the cop. The law allowed his bad nature to have a legal defense instead of a burden of proof.

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 08:56 AM
link   

I too have a soft spot for Dubya.

He has the smile and heart of a disabled child. But because of that, you have to keep an eye on him because seemingly mundane objects like a pretzel or poncho are a weapon in his hand, and he might accidentally kill himself.

And while he is literally one of the unintentional hilarious public figures I can think of, it was that soft spot that we all had that enabled nefarious parties in his admin to take advantage of him and start the chain of events that lead to now.... A government with overreaching powers, and loopholes for the few checks that remain.

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

I too have a soft spot for Dubya.

He has the smile and heart of a disabled child. But because of that, you have to keep an eye on him because seemingly mundane objects like a pretzel or poncho are a weapon in his hand, and he might accidentally kill himself.

And while he is literally one of the unintentional hilarious public figures I can think of, it was that soft spot that we all had that enabled nefarious parties in his admin to take advantage of him and start the chain of events that lead to now.... A government with overreaching powers, and loopholes for the few checks that remain.

Lol.

Yep.

I think it happened to trump at the beginning with sleazeballs wanting to cash in on his lack of knowledge and at the time its unknown how serious he really was about planning on actually being president.

Mueller report say something like 122 communications with foreign suspicious parties during the campaign from sleazeballs like Manafort probably trying to get a new yacht off the back of the president. So all the probable chains went off in the FBI, especially for the partisans who could use legal means with the probable cause of what were they discussing with the Russian diplomat etc...

Same crap they all do but with a bunch of amateurs doing it. So they didn't have these talks in swimming pools under sound bubbles or whatever these sleazbags do.

That is my cynical take.

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

Yeah obama spied. Legally. Because people are asleep while they give the FBI probable cause when they vote new surveillance expansions on citizens.

how do you know that? At this point, it's really unclear of the legality, is that just your partisan blinders hiding you from reality, or do you have inside information?

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: luthier

Yeah obama spied. Legally. Because people are asleep while they give the FBI probable cause when they vote new surveillance expansions on citizens.

how do you know that? At this point, it's really unclear of the legality, is that just your partisan blinders hiding you from reality, or do you have inside information?

Partisan blinders? Obama was a terrible president and this is very unethical stuff.

I know this from the Bill's that pass. Take the last one trump signed increasing Americans getting caught up in electronic communications on the internet.

I don't know for sure let me stop there. But so far the things political pundits have been talking about have been happening since way least bill clinton. GWB when he expanded this Ashcroft and the shady crew were always in court. Ironically so was Mueller.

Clinton's FBI was popped for presenting knowingly misleading information to fisa judges as well.

If trump's folks like Manafort were making electronic correspondences (which the Mueller report does say) it could be legally defended as a probable cause to learn more and set up more info.

The FBI and NSA have bulk data from this stuff.. people that were called had legal surveillance and the campaign folks got caught up in foreign surveillance is my guess.

I actually have been vocally against these laws for nearly 3 decades. I think they are wrong and give far too much power to the feds.

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Lagomorphe

Go back to your 3rd world.country if you do t like it here, and take some Democrats with you before the finish turning us into a 3rd world country

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: cognizant420
a reply to: Lagomorphe

Go back to your 3rd world.country if you do t like it here, and take some Democrats with you before the finish turning us into a 3rd world country

And people wonder why we have the reputation that we do^^^^^^^^^^^

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Woohoo. Bombshell Fridays! 🤫

If only I had 100$ for every stagnating-bombshell by this admin, I'd be enjoying a nice tax break 😎

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

...and when did he know it??

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Best lie from Power was under oath too .............

She expected people to believe it too 😆

Trey Gowdy: Samantha Power testified that intel officials made 'unmasking' requests in her name (October 17, 2017)

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 12:08 PM
link   

I have no idea if this story is true. If it IS true, are you agreeing it would be a huge abuse of power?

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Yes I would. And very unethical. The problem may be legally prosecuting this kind of thing.

If there really were hundreds of communications as Mueller says with people working during the trump campaign with Russians the chances of having bulk data at your disposal to justify warrants is very high. That is how regular people get caught in bulk collection as well.

If I know Steve and he talked to a person recently that may have some sort of surveillance because of his foreign status or if one can be fabricated well enough I may be wrapped into the bulk collection.

What usually happens is non criminal negligence and a possible civil fine if its proven.

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Let's say I am McCabe and hate trump and want to do something. So he looks through all the data they have on possible Russian agents or ties to agents, criminals etc..I pull up dozens of interactions from counterintelligence and spying on foreign officials...I then make up a convincing pattern of people talking to Russians a possible concern..etc. its going to be very hard to say he didn't actually have a concern but was just letting his bias effect his work.

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I'm hearing Power was targeting any call made about Israeli settlements for unmasking.

She, apparently, was spying on the Trump transition team in order to pass an anti-Israel UN resolution.

Hundreds of unmasking's.

edit on 24-5-2019 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join