It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crop circles are underground structures

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 02:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

You did not get the basic information about molding and casting,, Did you?

The holes are not drilled, they are structures in the master mold, depending on various things, the structures can be made from natural rubber or "lost materials" such as wax or wood.

This is not just a song.

I only got a small break, and do not have the time to go over novice level information.

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 03:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

If one goes over the material in these pages, it becomes obvious why scientists have found strange properties in the material, of the stones, including acoustic.

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 03:20 AM
link   
a reply to: AaarghZombies

It is all right in front of you,

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 03:43 PM
link   
What were these moulds made of, how were they formed because my understanding of a mould is that it has to have the shape and size of the product it produces, plus the extraneous material of the mould itself.

A mould for the Baalbek megalith would have to be huge to some degree...how was that mould made and of what material?

Where are the remnants of these moulds?

If a mould had a small 'flaw' in it, like a tiny flaw on a camera lens, for instance, would that not be repeated on every megalith it produced?

I understand the thinking behind this theory, I just do not believe it is correct.

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: fromtheskydown
What were these moulds made of, how were they formed because my understanding of a mould is that it has to have the shape and size of the product it produces, plus the extraneous material of the mould itself.

A mould for the Baalbek megalith would have to be huge to some degree...how was that mould made and of what material?

Where are the remnants of these moulds?

If a mould had a small 'flaw' in it, like a tiny flaw on a camera lens, for instance, would that not be repeated on every megalith it produced?

I understand the thinking behind this theory, I just do not believe it is correct.

Well, i can not say because many mold materials deteriorate, depending how complex, and how many you will need to produce, a simple square rock may be just wooden boards, coated with a release agent, like lard, oil, you could even use leaves as a release agent.

But complex art pieces like the sarcophagus lid of Pacal, most likely, the original is made from wood, carving and sanding,, then it could be pressed in clay, then lifted up, then poured, and hardened, one could make the mold from natural rubber, then a fine layer of beeswax could be used as a release agent, the tiny "drilled" holes you see in puma punku pieces, were most likely just wooden sticks, or a wax , then it was lost during the curing process.

And the molds, well as i said, even the best of modern molds do not live as long as the casts that were born from them.

Also interesting, one can add the look of chiseling to the finished piece, lots of people do this still today, for various reasons, and one can also hide tool markings by heating, or with acids.

The baalbek monolith could have been made inside a wooden box, then it would have to been sealed from the inside, using tar and resins, then the inside of the mold sanded to a nice smooth finish, then just mix and pour, demolding could have been done by carefully hammering away the outside board, or just set on fire and burn the mold away.

All depends on how strong and how complex you need the form to be.
And what materials are powdered, some of them only needs water, and time to cure, other stronger mixes need heating and acids.

You ever heard that the Nahuatl world for Olmec actually means "Rubber people" funny is it not?

edit on 3-6-2019 by solve because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join