It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thank you, Los Angeles!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015
Not soon enough for me. FREE TEXAS!

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

How "authoritarian" of Los Angeles to dictate where some may go.

It irritates me that a local government can restrict travel based on ideology.

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

If another state did the same to them, there would be blood in the streets from all the protests.

But what I find amazing is the total, unadulterated arrogance! Seriously, this county not doing any business with us is not even an issue... it's more of an amusing sideshow display. I'll admit I even embellished the OP a bit; this ban only applies to county employees doing business. When was the last time Los Angeles County had anything to do with Alabama anyway? I can't remember a time.

That's the real point... these fools have no idea how unimportant they really are. These are the same people who do fit the mold I was trying to shoehorn all Californians into in the OP: they offer nothing but destruction of everything we enjoy and like. These are the people who would gladly tell me I can't smoke in my own home, would berate me for not living in a city because the driving back and forth is polluting that city, and would take every dime I ever made at the point of a gun (while demanding I couldn't have a gun) in the name of 'charity.' The very thing they want to take from us, their presence, is the exact thing we want them to keep to themselves, and they think this is punishment?

It's the same with New York. Ever notice the toll roads into and out of New York? New Jersey is pragmatic; they know you will spend money when you come in and that most people will soon want desperately to leave, so they charge tolls on leaving the state. New York is arrogant... they charge tolls to come into the state, thinking (mistakenly) that people want to be there. Which means that George Washington Bridge toll is outrageous... you're paying New Jersey to leave and New York to enter (and on a road that we wouldn't call a decent wagon trail down here... they have potholes big enough to lose a Freightliner Century class truck in).

Just more of an indication of how out of touch California is...

TheRedneck

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Agree. Is that unconstitutional?

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

I don’t even know if it is legal, but when has that stopped the authoritarians?

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
From the Hill:

The Los Angeles County Board of Supervisors voted this week to impose a one-year restriction on travel to the state of Alabama for official county business in response to a new law in the Southern state that bans abortion in nearly all cases, including instances of rape and incest.

And some people said there was nothing good about HB-314... it's already working as pest control for the state! Now, there are some good people in California, but they seem to be getting few and far between, so one could assume that means the good people are leaving and the ban won't affect them. So I'm having a hard time seeing the downside here to anyone (except Californians). Maybe we can all put our heads together and figure out what kind of law we can pass to get the rest of California to follow suit?

Maybe if we brought back hanging for MS-13 members, in the local courthouse square? It seems California has a sweet spot for the MS-13 members, and the new law wouldn't cost anything really since we don't get many MS-13 members down here. It would sure ruffle some feathers out in Californy-land, though!

TheRedneck

Do we know how many visits there actually were last year? For all I know this travel restriction might involve exactly 0 people.

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

I don't agree with it, but I'm not sure which part of the constitution would apply. Most of the constitutional protections apply to citizens and protect them from abuse or overreach by the state.

Technically, wouldn't a restriction on official business be an internal matter to the state apparatus?

Like how somebody who is in the secret service doesn't have the same first amendment rights. If they say something that brings the secret service into distribute?

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: AaarghZombies

Do we know how many visits there actually were last year? For all I know this travel restriction might involve exactly 0 people.

That would be my guess, too.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 11:08 AM
link   

It's probably more symbolic than anything else.

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Funny though they have no problem with China ... At all ... Go Figure

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Now see I live in bug tussel, only we aint got rednecks here, wez all hicks and sh!tkickers.

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 11:15 AM
link   

I don't know, mightn't some of those outfits in Huntsville/Redstone do some business with LA county...?

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
Now, there are some good people in California, but they seem to be getting few and far between, so one could assume that means the good people are leaving and the ban won't affect them.

As someone living in a state with more Californian natives than natives. I can vouch that most Californians bring their toxic ideology and mentality with them when they move. Denver used to be a nice clean safe city. Not any longer. Coastal liberalism has turned Denver into a sanctuary city/homeless camp.

I wish these idiots could see they are bring their toxic ideology with them. The very things they left California over are now being implemented here. I just heard yesterday Colorado is now taking steps further subverting the electoral college. Because these people are so upset along with apparently having no concept what the electoral college is.

Fun fact:
Hillary won 400+ counties in 2016.
Trump win 2,600+ counties in 2016.
Just because you have s bunch of idiots in the major metropolitan area in your pocket. Doesn't mean the rest of the country falls for your BS.

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Gosh, how unfortunate... I really hope Louisiana implements something like this so Cali will avoid us, too.

The funniest part of this is that most of the country already avoids California because the state turned into a landfill. This is like that old friend you had in the past who turned into a freak weirdo so you cut ties with him, then a couple of decades later, you support something that makes him mad and vows not to visit you for a year even though you didn't want him there to begin with.

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I just had the wife book us a condo in Gulfshores ALABAMA for the month of October. We may as well spend our money where it’s appreciated. The seafood along the northern gulf is wonderful.
We have also been to California several times, and we aren’t going back. Ever.

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 11:52 AM
link   

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManFromEurope
Alabama.. ALABAMA?!

Okay, first the Abortion law. No thnx, but okay, sucks to be a woman then.

Now they banned this gay-wedding episode of some kids show. OKaaay, thats not.. apropriate or something. Don't teach kids about homosexuality, let them experience that for themselves I guess? But not in Alabama, of course. In this context, why is it always "Bumfu*k, AL" if someone wants to mention the most backwater redneck thing? Why "Bumfu*k"? Something suppressed there, mmmmkay?

Oh, and they have had banned the Teletubbies, as I just heard on the radio. Or at least tried to do that, as "pink" and "triangle antenna thingie" seems to be gay, too.

Well, I can understand LA in this case. Do not support that suppressive and aggressive backwayish politics!

Best to leave that up to people in America to decide. Nothing you said makes sense, lol. You've obviously never been to Birmingham or any other big cities in Alabama if you think it's a bum# state. Go there once and you'll never desire to go back to Germany. But, you have to see it for yourself, not pay any attention to what you're told.

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldtimer2

I do believe real soon now that Alabama will not be in existance ormay be under water,that area was highly inhabited at one time in 1700's,and was washed away,so might be a moot point,but this will happen in next 2 yrs,there will be east west USA

I don't think Alabama's where you think it is, bub.

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: BoscoMoney

You live in Bug Tussel? Dammit, man, small world!

Last time I was through there, I remember they had an awesome little restaurant with truck parking... is it still there?

TheRedneck

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

mightn't some of those outfits in Huntsville/Redstone do some business with LA county

Good point... but if they did, it was because LA County needed them, not the other way around.

TheRedneck

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join