It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thank you, Los Angeles!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+29 more 
posted on May, 24 2019 @ 12:56 AM
link   
From the Hill:

The Los Angeles County Board of Supervisors voted this week to impose a one-year restriction on travel to the state of Alabama for official county business in response to a new law in the Southern state that bans abortion in nearly all cases, including instances of rape and incest.

And some people said there was nothing good about HB-314... it's already working as pest control for the state! Now, there are some good people in California, but they seem to be getting few and far between, so one could assume that means the good people are leaving and the ban won't affect them. So I'm having a hard time seeing the downside here to anyone (except Californians). Maybe we can all put our heads together and figure out what kind of law we can pass to get the rest of California to follow suit?

Maybe if we brought back hanging for MS-13 members, in the local courthouse square? It seems California has a sweet spot for the MS-13 members, and the new law wouldn't cost anything really since we don't get many MS-13 members down here. It would sure ruffle some feathers out in Californy-land, though!

TheRedneck

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 01:42 AM
link   
And they say Alabama is "Ass-backwards" 😆😆

Lass Angeles 🤣

+5 more 
posted on May, 24 2019 @ 01:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
From the Hill:

The Los Angeles County Board of Supervisors voted this week to impose a one-year restriction on travel to the state of Alabama for official county business in response to a new law in the Southern state that bans abortion in nearly all cases, including instances of rape and incest.

And some people said there was nothing good about HB-314... it's already working as pest control for the state! Now, there are some good people in California, but they seem to be getting few and far between, so one could assume that means the good people are leaving and the ban won't affect them. So I'm having a hard time seeing the downside here to anyone (except Californians). Maybe we can all put our heads together and figure out what kind of law we can pass to get the rest of California to follow suit?

Maybe if we brought back hanging for MS-13 members, in the local courthouse square? It seems California has a sweet spot for the MS-13 members, and the new law wouldn't cost anything really since we don't get many MS-13 members down here. It would sure ruffle some feathers out in Californy-land, though!

TheRedneck

Please do not mistake the people of California for the elected officials.
And please do not think the city folk speak for the state.
Sadly there are more city folk than suburban or rural. So we have representation that favors an unpopular view by area, but not by population.

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Republicans...sigh...(facepalm followed by prolonged silence and then quiet sobbing)

The left is goading you into these antiquated, hardline far right positions because they are terrified of the moderates flocking to your party in droves in response to their own new hardline, extremist platform. And you're taking the bait hook, line and sinker. They want the GOP to move farther right and take a more hardline opposition stance because guess what? The left has more crazies than you now. It's the old numbers game.

Please learn a lesson from the left's absurd response to Trump in 2016 and don't lose your ever loving minds. You are holding all of the cards. All you have to do is call their B.S.

And please, ditch the old identitarian right and become the moderate party of reason and civility. That is where your strength will come from. Not retreating back toward a dying and dwindling evangelical base.

+2 more 
posted on May, 24 2019 @ 02:20 AM
link   
a reply to: randomtangentsrme

I know there are good people in California... the only thing I do not know is why they are still there. Yeah, it's beautiful scenery, yeah, perfect weather, but it comes with an infestation of fools. I know; as a truck driver, I have been to California many times. I have seen the "Hollywood" sign from the cab of my truck... something not that many OTR drivers can say.

Every trip, though, was an adventure. Either someone was trying top make CB radios illegal (meaning we couldn't talk to the warehouses where we loaded/unloaded without walking a mile to get inside), some Pelosi-wanna-be decided to make smoking in my truck - alone - illegal, or they apparently needed money out there and were using trucks to get it via the weigh stations. The only good thing about going to California is getting there and getting back. Being there is like being a glowing neon pink deer against a blue background at an NRA meeting of starving members.

Los Angeles is a experiment to see how congested is actually possible (my GOD, don't get me started on LAX); San Francisco's 'nice' areas are nastier than our landfills. And worse, it seems that far too many people are actually OK with this and think it's a good thing.

The good people need to move out of state, at least long enough for us to wall it up and burn it down to remove the infestation.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 02:22 AM
link   
a reply to: sooth

Republicans...sigh...(facepalm followed by prolonged silence and then quiet sobbing)

I'm not a Republican. I'm an Independent. Most Republicans I know in real life don't even like me.

Good advice for the Republicans, though.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 02:59 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck
The point they're missing here is that boycotts only really work when used by overwhelming majorities against minority groups, like the Jews in Nazi Germany. When the antagonists are about equal in power, then boycotting can work both ways. If all who think like Alabama boycott Californian products and tourism, what then?

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Alabama.. ALABAMA?!

Okay, first the Abortion law. No thnx, but okay, sucks to be a woman then.

Now they banned this gay-wedding episode of some kids show. OKaaay, thats not.. apropriate or something. Don't teach kids about homosexuality, let them experience that for themselves I guess? But not in Alabama, of course. In this context, why is it always "Bumfu*k, AL" if someone wants to mention the most backwater redneck thing? Why "Bumfu*k"? Something suppressed there, mmmmkay?

Oh, and they have had banned the Teletubbies, as I just heard on the radio. Or at least tried to do that, as "pink" and "triangle antenna thingie" seems to be gay, too.

Well, I can understand LA in this case. Do not support that suppressive and aggressive backwayish politics!

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 03:09 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

Quite true. The thing that I would be looking at if they were boycotting, say, Mississippi, is that California is acting childish. That makes me want to visit Mississippi more than California, and it makes me very suspicious of anyone from California. I think that attitude is prevalent across the majority of the United States (outside of New England and the Left Coast), so it will end up hurting them.

I mentioned the time they tried to outlaw CB radios above... that is true; it was a serious bill. It was dropped pretty quickly, however, when owner-operators refused to enter California in protest. It took only a few days for freight at the ports to be turned away because there was no more room. California had better figure out quickly that they are not kings and need the rest of us much more than we need them.

Or, in the case of tourism, want them (the few good people left out there not included in that). There's quite a few reasons I do not live in California, and almost all of them boil down to the people and the government they have put in place.

TheRedneck

+1 more 
posted on May, 24 2019 @ 03:18 AM
link   
a reply to: ManFromEurope

You're thinking of the town in Egypt. Alabama has Bug Tussel. They have a damn good restaurant down there.

The great thing about living in different locations is being able to be part of a culture one believes in. Don't like Alabama? Don't live in Alabama! See how simple that is? Personally, I enjoy fresh air, clean water, freedom, and a close-knit community much more than seeing what I'm breathing and smelling everyone else's dirty laundry 24/7.

Or are you one of those globalist types who thinks that Alabama should be just like your area?

TheRedneck

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 03:40 AM
link   

I can almost hear someone like Pelosi saying something like: How dare those racist right wing politicians in Alabama pass new abortion laws that will result in more black children being born! wait... o.0

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 04:25 AM
link   

I do believe real soon now that Alabama will not be in existance ormay be under water,that area was highly inhabited at one time in 1700's,and was washed away,so might be a moot point,but this will happen in next 2 yrs,there will be east west USA

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Divided we fall.

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 05:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Oldtimer2

I see You got sucked in on the Global Meltdown ideology.
edit on 24-5-2019 by Foreshadow because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 05:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldtimer2

I do believe real soon now that Alabama will not be in existance ormay be under water,that area was highly inhabited at one time in 1700's,and was washed away,so might be a moot point,but this will happen in next 2 yrs,there will be east west USA

Is it ok if I hold you to this quote come the next two years??

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 07:17 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Divided we fall.

"We" fell many years ago.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 07:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Foreshadow

Is it ok if I hold you to this quote come the next two years??

I plan to.

I'm about 700 feet above sea level.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Takes alot of balls for a politician to think he had the authority to ban anything.
Suppose texas bans gasoline sales to California for ignoring immigration laws.

Just do your job without the damn soapbox and shut the hell up.
edit on 24-5-2019 by Bluntone22 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

Divided we fall.

That's true, but Alabama's not the one telling anyone they can't go anywhere now are they?

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 09:01 AM
link   
I imagine the city of New Deli don't even want los Angelinos coming round.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join