It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did he really die for our sins

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2019 @ 07:49 PM
link   
It's like the old paradox can God create a rock so big even He can't pick it up? Or the feminist version can God have a thought so complex that even She
can't understand it?

So my paradoxical question for 2019 is this: If Jesus was resurrected, did he actually die? It was just for 3 days. I mean, no harm no foul? Maybe I'm reaching here. You can't really kill God anyway.

edit on 23-5-2019 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2019 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

We always said no blood, no foul...so in that context, he seemed to of bled a lot.

Now Im a tad agnostic these days, I guess I need to have the "did a fellow named Jesus exist" conversation 1st.

posted on May, 23 2019 @ 08:10 PM
link   
What Bluejacket said......the blood

Some requirement I read in Scripture for blood......life is in the blood.....idk

But what He did.... He can be. My King
edit on 23-5-2019 by GBP/JPY because: IN THE FINE TEXAS TRADITION

edit on 23-5-2019 by GBP/JPY because: IN THE FINE TEXAS TRADITION

posted on May, 23 2019 @ 08:39 PM
link   
If he died for our sins and then brought himself back to life because he didn't want to not exist, did it actually even mean anything? What does it mean if you pay for something and then steal the money back?

He didn't love us very much obviously. He didn't stay dead!

edit on 23-5-2019 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-5-2019 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2019 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I'm more interested in

Did he really die a virgin?

posted on May, 23 2019 @ 08:43 PM
link   

" jebus had a cat-nap for your sins " gets the cultists rilled up

posted on May, 23 2019 @ 08:46 PM
link   
"Did he really die for our sins?"
No more than those who died for humankinds sins before him, like...

Prometheus - Circa 800BC

Lo! streaming from the fatal tree
His all atoning blood,
Is this the Infinite?—Yes, ’tis he,
Prometheus, and a god!
Well might the sun in darkness hide,
And veil his glories in,
When God, the great Prometheus, died
For man the creature’s sin.

Tammuz - Circa 400BC?

Trust, ye saints,
your Lord restored,
Trust ye in your risen Lord;
For the pains which Tammuz endured
Our salvation have procured.

Quoted from here.

edit on 5/23/2019 by Klassified because: missed a word

posted on May, 23 2019 @ 08:49 PM
link   

All I know is that if we don't do a lot of sin'n, then Jesus died for nothing man!
Now get out there and do some sin'n you sinna

posted on May, 23 2019 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I mean, actually, I've got some bad news for you.
You see, Jimmy, a long, long time ago, God had a couple of humans that he made in a totally awesome garden that he built for them.
He only really had one rule for his new pets - don't eat the forbidden fruit thats planted over there... That red mushroom with the white spots, yeah that one, don't eat that. That's the only rule.

Well, the female human talked the male human into eating it, so they both did. And then they tripped their balls off and came to the realization that they were something special. They realized that they were naked (not something that wild animals think about). This realization brought them a feeling of shame.

Anyways, when God found out, he became totally pissed off and he kicked them out of the garden. He called it a sin.
So, much later, God - still pissed off at the original sin, decided to send his son Jesus to earth to live a life, make friends, have fun, and then die. God figured if he could send his son to die for these sins, then his human pets will finally accept this and move onward and upward towards a better existence and enlightenment.

Well, this didn't really work out the way God had hoped, so, still pretty upset about it, he sent his bro Muhammad.
Things are starting to get a little out of control and zealatatious around here, and I'm pretty sure God is still pissed off at all of us....

edit on 23-5-2019 by EmmanuelGoldstein because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2019 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Not going to try to convince you but just think about this.

There have been many account's of people whom have just died - sometime's not even died but come very close indeed to death whom have been seen thousands of miles away back home, usually it is neighbors that see them and wave, the person sometime's smiles and sometime's waves back but never - or very seldom speak's, they are seen going toward there home.

The people at the home hear a knock but when they open the door there is no one there, some time later the meet receive news that there loved one - son in this case - was killed on the battlefield and in this case it was north Africa were the lad died during WW2, the neighbor some time later asked the mother about her son whom she had seen walking up to the house only to be met with a strange look from the grieving parent whom can not believe what they are hearing, there son is dead and on the very day he died there neighbor saw him walking up the street.

Now this case is one that has been repeated in a number of individual variation's time and again, this was a human soul so wishing to go home, perhaps a son wanting to be with his mum at a time of pain and sickness as he died that his very soul somehow projected itself across time and space and manifested a very real body there, one though that was not of this world and so could not stay here as his soul had to pass over to were ever we go.

Now think on that - I am not saying it is the same but bare it in mind.

Jesus was spirit, spirit so powerful that he manifest as flesh but was still spirit - word of God - but manifest as flesh (Jesus is the word we are but a breath).

The same spirit that manifest our physical universe into being but that is a lower action since the universe is not him but below him - he manifest himself into being as a physical child and became a REAL man, more real than you or me - he is the creator after all incarnate as a man.

He said that he had the authority (power) to lay down his life and to take it back up again and he did just that, he really endured all of that pain and suffering and when the virgin Mary washed her son whom had been lowered into her arm's with her own tear's she looked on at the wound's of the scourging which alone would have killed most or indeed all other men, he had bled from them all the way to the place of the skull were he was then crucified by roman soldiers whom sang and joked as they pulled his arm's out of there sockets to nail his hand's to the cross, he forgave them and endured pain unimaginable but chose to die after a few hours - or his leg's would have been broken as it was approaching the sabbath, to make certain he was dead a soldier took a spear and pierced his side into his heart and both pure water and blood spilled out of the wound down the cross.

He was in the tomb because Joseph of Arimathia and Nicodemus had begged pilot for his body and he was lain in a tomb Joseph had thought he was having prepared for himself - but of course it had all along been intended for Jesus.
That night and the full following day he was in the tomb DEAD - but he had the authority (power) to take back up his life and on the third day he did just that, when the woman came to tend his body they found it empty and were told by an angelic being that he was not there for he had risen.

Over the next 40 day's, a period of purification in some Jewish ritual's, he was seen many time's by followers, sometime's though they did not recognize the stranger until he let them know it was him and allowed them to see him properly.

His apostle Thomas doubted his resurrection until Jesus bade him place his hand in the wound at his side - it had not healed and was still open yet he was alive, he would sometime's vanish from sight just like an apparition - but no ordinary apparition.

Have you ever seen a ghost, a mist like form or shadow form or even a solid apparition.

Jesus is not just a spirit he is the most powerful spirit beyond our comprehension, the pain he suffered was real as was the death he endured but as the creator of life itself he transcend's not only the physical but also the spiritual state of we mere mortal's.

He has offered us the greatest gift imaginable, to come to God through him, to be remade through him that is to come to him through his life and suffering.

Did he die for us, he died for the truly repentant, he came for the sick - the lost sheep, he came for his own - if any are of the devil then I believe he did not come for them but for those of us whom are of him, of his flock no matter how lost we have become, he lead's us back and we will know his voice when he call's.

posted on May, 23 2019 @ 09:29 PM
link   
"The story of God, a being that allegedly has omnipotence. However, this omnipotent being has a mysterious plan that includes mulligans, foul ups, and do-overs. Sin damns you to Hell! But wait, there's more! Sin doesn't actually damn you to Hell! I made a convoluted loophole in my own omnipotent rules, because apparently, I make mistakes and then try to cover them up with stories about my "plan". It's ok though, I'm definitely omnipotent.

Also, I'm on the fence when it comes to being gay, since I made gay people... But I get a weird feeling every now and then, like if you have gay sex, I'm sending you to Hell anyway...

Honestly, maybe I'm just envious... Gay people are always so nice and happy..."

-Ramblings of an omnipotent God

posted on May, 23 2019 @ 09:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
Or the feminist version can God have a thought so complex that even She can't understand it?

If it has to do with giving directions, then probably.

God giving a tour of the universe: "So, this way I created the Andromeda galaxy."

Tourist: "You mean this way."

posted on May, 23 2019 @ 10:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket

We always said no blood, no foul...so in that context, he seemed to of bled a lot.

Now Im a tad agnostic these days, I guess I need to have the "did a fellow named Jesus exist" conversation 1st.

Bart Ehrman, an atheist New Testament scholar, says that it's "ridiculous" to claim that Jesus of Nazareth didn't exist. The evidence for his existence, both internal in the New Testament AND external sources, are better than any evidence we have for other ancient people. He says there are 11 valid references for his existence. He compares it to Plato or maybe Alexander the Great, for which there are only 2.

He also argues that the Resurrection happened as well.

Again- he's an atheist, but he argues FOR the existence of Jesus of Nazareth and even for his death and resurrection.

posted on May, 23 2019 @ 10:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket

That conversation has been had to death, yes he existed, there is no question of that
The question as an agnostic is “was he who he said he was”

Yes Jesus died, dead, just like we will be dead when we hit the soil but
Resurrection for humanity is promised like judgement is promised.

Jesus lead the way, there really is an afterlife, that’s the magic

posted on May, 23 2019 @ 10:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified
"Did he really die for our sins?"
No more than those who died for humankinds sins before him, like...

Prometheus - Circa 800BC

Lo! streaming from the fatal tree
His all atoning blood,
Is this the Infinite?—Yes, ’tis he,
Prometheus, and a god!
Well might the sun in darkness hide,
And veil his glories in,
When God, the great Prometheus, died
For man the creature’s sin.

Tammuz - Circa 400BC?

Trust, ye saints,
your Lord restored,
Trust ye in your risen Lord;
For the pains which Tammuz endured
Our salvation have procured.

Quoted from here.

Are you sure Klass
Are you sure you understand what is written

www.tektonics.org...
Not much really, I can go on, but I shouldn’t need to
edit on 23-5-2019 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2019 @ 11:17 PM
link   

So my paradoxical question for 2019 is this: If Jesus was resurrected, did he actually die?

Yes. Pretty much by the definition of the word resurrected.

posted on May, 23 2019 @ 11:21 PM
link   

If Jesus was resurrected, did he actually die? It was just for 3 days. I mean, no harm no foul? Maybe I'm reaching here.

Jesus is like a circuit breaker .
Humans are like fuses.

Jesus is like a NiCad battery.
Humans are like Zinc/ Carbon batteries.

Hope that helps.

posted on May, 23 2019 @ 11:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Archivalist
"The story of God, a being that allegedly has omnipotence. However, this omnipotent being has a mysterious plan that includes mulligans, foul ups, and do-overs. Sin damns you to Hell! But wait, there's more! Sin doesn't actually damn you to Hell! I made a convoluted loophole in my own omnipotent rules, because apparently, I make mistakes and then try to cover them up with stories about my "plan". It's ok though, I'm definitely omnipotent.

Also, I'm on the fence when it comes to being gay, since I made gay people... But I get a weird feeling every now and then, like if you have gay sex, I'm sending you to Hell anyway...

Honestly, maybe I'm just envious... Gay people are always so nice and happy..."

-Ramblings of an omnipotent God

You are obviously getting your info from the evil bastardized KJV or some idiot who thinks he knows Christ's will. The true scripture is totally different and, gays are one way, it is very clear about the subject and it fits much better with what Christ would expect you'd think if he were a bench a good guy

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 12:07 AM
link   
I found this picture.

Warning: May possibly be sacrilegious!

I used the thumb link, because thumbnails are little;
so maybe a little sacrilegious.
If you click on the thumbnail,
then that's all on you.

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 12:23 AM
link   
In the teaching of the New Testament, it is the act of self-offering that matters. I've argued this issue through before, so I won't repeat it all in detail- Christ died for the ungodly. No, try this one- Lo, I come to do thy will, O God

It seems a little silly for us to try re-writing the rules about how salvation ought to work.
The question is whether what happened is enough to satisfy God, right? And if God thinks it is, who are we to quibble and say that he's wrong to be satisfied? It's like refusing a gift at Christmas- "Wait a minute, Dad, I want to look at your bank statement, because I'm not sure you can afford to give me that car".

edit on 24-5-2019 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join