It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump to enforce immigrant sponsors to pay for their social services

page: 1

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on May, 23 2019 @ 04:02 PM
link   

President Trump will sign the memorandum directing federal agencies to ensure that any individual sponsoring a noncitizen must take financial responsibility for any income-based welfare benefits that immigrant receives.

The move is meant to promote self-sufficiency for noncitizens and preserve the social safety net for people living legally in the country, a senior administration aide told RealClearPolitics.

But this new step doesn’t require action on Capitol Hill where Democrats control the House. It is already on the books, thanks to legislation signed into law by President Bill Clinton.

RCP

I like that he is going around the House and enforcing this already existing law passed by Bill Clinton.

I don't have much else to say on the topic other than why didn't Bill Clinton, George Bush, or Obama enforce this law? So what do you say ATS?

Seems to be more proof establishment politicians are the real enemy of the people, while Trump looks out for the US citizens.

Hopefully, I did this right since it's my first thread...Fire away!

posted on May, 23 2019 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Democrats fuming and convulsing like rabid animals 😆

posted on May, 23 2019 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Most 'sponsors' have no idea they are sponsoring, though

At least when I worked at INS, alot of the investigations would turn out to be forged letters and stolen bank accounts by fake legal firms who sell letters of support etc to people on the street out of their cards with phoney attorney license #,disposable addresses, phone #s, etc

posted on May, 23 2019 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Clearly, Donald Trump is not calling the shots here. Donald Trump is a face (technically, he's a heel but you know). There are some clever legal minds working in the background. Trump doesn't figure this stuff out on his own. Obviously.

I'm not so sure I'd be cheering this anyway. Even if you're not a liberal. This government is not too far away from being able to just declare someone a non-citizen at it's discretion. So this will not necessarily only apply to people who came here illegally from somewhere else. Actual citizens could (theoretically) be stripped of their citizenship for rather trivial reasons (depends on who's in charge and the public mood of the time, really)
edit on 23-5-2019 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2019 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: letni

From my understanding this will only apply for sponsors after the memorandum is enforced.

posted on May, 23 2019 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: BrianFlanders

Yea, he has a team of advisors just like every other president.

Gonna need a source to back up that second thought you had. Seems like propaganda to me.

posted on May, 23 2019 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Just like every other country. You go to the UK and what do they stamp your passport with?

"No employment. No public funds. Leave in X months." (Forget of it's 3 or 6 months.)

posted on May, 23 2019 @ 05:15 PM
link   

um....no.

just no. If it upsets you, call Bill Clinton, he's in upstate NY with his lovely wife.

posted on May, 23 2019 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Oh boy. I can already hear the whining. Already in the books, chumps!

posted on May, 23 2019 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad

Gonna need a source to back up that second thought you had. Seems like propaganda to me.

What kind of a source? The source of my opinions is my brain. In it, I have this thing that I like to call instinct. Some people call it a gut feeling. Whatever you call it, my instinct is always to distrust the people (apparently) running the show.

It occurs to me that if you just take everything Donald Trump says at face value, you might as well just take everything everyone says at face value. At that point, the result would be that you would just blindly trust everyone and never suspect any deception. That doesn't seem like a very realistic way of thinking.

And besides. It's a conspiracy forum so stuff it.
edit on 23-5-2019 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2019 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: BrianFlanders

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad

What kind of a source? The source of my opinions is my brain. In it, I have this thing that I like to call instinct. Some people call it a gut feeling. Whatever you call it, my instinct is always to distrust the people (apparently) running the show.

Any source except your butt. Here's what you said:

I'm not so sure I'd be cheering this anyway. Even if you're not a liberal. This government is not too far away from being able to just declare someone a non-citizen at it's discretion. So this will not necessarily only apply to people who came here illegally from somewhere else. Actual citizens could (theoretically) be stripped of their citizenship for rather trivial reasons (depends on who's in charge and the public mood of the time, really)

There's no credibility to your statement. Sure, it's your opinion, but it's worthless. That's my gut feeling.

posted on May, 23 2019 @ 08:13 PM
link   

I should’ve added this part to the op, but I placed this in the mud pit because I knew the left wouldn’t source anything and just get angry and try and insult. That’s why I asked why Obama, Bush, and Clinton wouldn’t implement this law. Which by the way is obviously across the aisle. Then I added my opinion at the end on my explanation. So either Add to the topic or you will be ignored. Thanks in advance.
edit on 23-5-2019 by Middleoftheroad because: (no reason given)

top topics

join