It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia investigation: time to grow up and move on

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2019 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
a reply to: network dude

No, I will not move the fluck on. It seems that having a lying cheating arrogant asshole is as president in this country is fine with some people. And they admit it freely as you just have. How we can go about dealing with people who believe those things are OK is beyond me, but I will keep trying.

posted on May, 23 2019 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

B. Get their party in order, they need a good competitive platform that is clear and sell-able to the American people, something more substantial than "I'm not Trump". I don't like the two party system, but at least I want there to be good competition on both sides so that it's not total dog#.

I'm actually looking forward to the coming elections. It will be a glorious political spectacle to rival the MMA and nascar all rolled into a media frenzy. The campaigns political party media will be hiring anyone thats gots good spellin and grammer. And peoples with 4k cameres.
edit on 23-5-2019 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2019 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

It's going to be a spectacle.

A giant embarrassing spectacle.

posted on May, 23 2019 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

Well, as you seem to be doubling down on your accusations of denial, just what do you find my denial about.
My point was the over exuberance about the poll, not the issues taken up in it. I pointed out that even though the poll favored one side of the issue more than the other, the poll itself was not all that dramatic a difference from how people lined up on one side or the other.

As well, your claim that politics is more than mathematics. Well sure. But polls and statistics are about mathematics and that was what my point was about. The statistics, not the politics of one side vrs the other.

posted on May, 23 2019 @ 06:54 PM
link   

All kidding aside, you just described every president we've ever had. Maybe I should've said "wake up" before "grow up."

I will not take up whether or not that description fits ''every president we've ever had''. If that is your premise for how to evaluate Trump compared to others then feel free to do so. I myself hold the notion that anyone who wants to be president already has a high degree of self appreciation and quite often a strong dose of psychopathy.

However with Trump there seems to me to be an interesting difference. With Trump, many of his supporters seem to revel in the notion that this is what he is and applaud him for being one. This can be seen in the post that I made my reply to.

Have you not noticed this trend in support of him? That some of his supporters love him for being those things? I have. I have never noticed this from political supporters in the past. Can you point to any president in our recent past, say the last sixty years that have cheered their potus for being an asshole? I cannot.

So yes, I agree that people should wake up. But just who is sleeping is the issue is it not? What dreams are we dreaming when we dream we are already awake.

posted on May, 23 2019 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

Cute.

posted on May, 23 2019 @ 06:56 PM
link   

a reply to: olaru12

It's going to be a spectacle.

A giant embarrassing spectacle.

Campaigning in America is an industry generating jobs, manufacturing swag in all sorts of businesses for over a year.
I agree that it's a tacky embarrassing spectacle but at its core...capitalism, free enterprise, entertainment, politics masquerading as the clown olympics. Writers, designers, print and video production already in the planning stages....20 will be epic. I consider it an honor to work in a time
honored American tradition of freedom.

edit on 23-5-2019 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2019 @ 07:12 PM
link   

To be fair Terry, I think this thread is specifically talking about the Russia investigation, not his presidency as a whole (though I'd venture to guess many would hold the same opinion of the latter).

I for one hope the opposition can-

A. Focus on helping improve many things that we as a nation need to have addressed, and do their best to pass bills both sides can agree on.

B. Get their party in order, they need a good competitive platform that is clear and sell-able to the American people, something more substantial than "I'm not Trump". I don't like the two party system, but at least I want there to be good competition on both sides so that it's not total dog#.

Yes, the specificity of the poll was about the Russian issue. However the thread to me at least was about the poll itself. The poll was being presented as ''proof'' that the majority of the American people should grow up and move on. My point was that the poll itself is not proof of either but merely a statistic based on a total see saw conundrum that can be balanced either way by only 10% of those polled.

And I to hope that the opposition can focus on issues that benefit the entire country. While we can agree on that point it needs to be remembered that a major issue of Trump's campaign, and one that is echoed by a fair number of his supporters was that he won the election not just for the policies he preached but because he was ''NOT Clinton''. an by proxy NOT OBama.

If I have never made my self clear I was never a supporter of Clinton, nor of Obama for more than a minute or two of his first term. My dislike for Trump is that I see in him a danger to the Republic that is ever so more dramatic then either of them. One member here once rejoiced in calling Trump a wrecking ball. I agreed that that was how I see him as well. A wrecking ball.

And while his supporters see in him a leader that will restore America to greatness, I see noting of the kind. I see him as a wrecking ball that will destroy as much of the fabric of American politics and social structures as he can, not so our Republic can be made whole again but rather so that he and others like him can pick out for themselves any value they can find from the American carcass.

posted on May, 23 2019 @ 07:21 PM
link   

I know your stance Terry and I admire it.

You always speak your mind, and you do so almost always with kindness.

You'd be surprised how often I agree with you.

But there are plenty of things we can grill Trump on, I don't think Russia is the one... I'd go so far to say I think it goes against the objective by dwelling on something that will give him and his cause more validation.

Either way, keep your voice around Terry.

posted on May, 23 2019 @ 07:23 PM
link   

All kidding aside, you just described every president we've ever had. Maybe I should've said "wake up" before "grow up."

Have you not noticed this trend in support of him? That some of his supporters love him for being those things? I have. I have never noticed this from political supporters in the past. Can you point to any president in our recent past, say the last sixty years that have cheered their potus for being an asshole? I cannot.

Don't you think possibly that it's less about Trump and more about the insufferable, self righteous reeeeing and posturing (still!) being carried on by the left? Pussy hats, sex strikes, screaming at the sky, a fat naked Trump statue in Union Square and that's not even scratching the surface. Conservatives and moderates have had enough and are glad to have Trump put them in their place. His arrogance and assholiness is more than matched by the liberals' smug condescension and whiny immaturity.

posted on May, 23 2019 @ 08:24 PM
link   

I will not take up whether or not that description fits ''every president we've ever had''. If that is your premise for how to evaluate Trump compared to others then feel free to do so. I myself hold the notion that anyone who wants to be president already has a high degree of self appreciation and quite often a strong dose of psychopathy.

However with Trump there seems to me to be an interesting difference. With Trump, many of his supporters seem to revel in the notion that this is what he is and applaud him for being one. This can be seen in the post that I made my reply to.

So yes, I agree that people should wake up. But just who is sleeping is the issue is it not? What dreams are we dreaming when we dream we are already awake.

I guess you missed the Obama presidency? Remember when he went on SNL in the middle of a presidential campaign talking about how the Republican front-runner would never be President and then dropped his phone like a high school douchebag? And his sycophants loved him for it. It was embarrassing. I would say the targeting of journalists by that administration was a pretty asshole move too.

posted on May, 23 2019 @ 08:27 PM
link   

To be fair Terry, I think this thread is specifically talking about the Russia investigation, not his presidency as a whole (though I'd venture to guess many would hold the same opinion of the latter).

I for one hope the opposition can-

A. Focus on helping improve many things that we as a nation need to have addressed, and do their best to pass bills both sides can agree on.

Yes, the specificity of the poll was about the Russian issue. However the thread to me at least was about the poll itself. The poll was being presented as ''proof'' that the majority of the American people should grow up and move on. My point was that the poll itself is not proof of either but merely a statistic based on a total see saw conundrum that can be balanced either way by only 10% of those polled.

And I to hope that the opposition can focus on issues that benefit the entire country. While we can agree on that point it needs to be remembered that a major issue of Trump's campaign, and one that is echoed by a fair number of his supporters was that he won the election not just for the policies he preached but because he was ''NOT Clinton''. an by proxy NOT OBama.

If I have never made my self clear I was never a supporter of Clinton, nor of Obama for more than a minute or two of his first term. My dislike for Trump is that I see in him a danger to the Republic that is ever so more dramatic then either of them. One member here once rejoiced in calling Trump a wrecking ball. I agreed that that was how I see him as well. A wrecking ball.

And while his supporters see in him a leader that will restore America to greatness, I see noting of the kind. I see him as a wrecking ball that will destroy as much of the fabric of American politics and social structures as he can, not so our Republic can be made whole again but rather so that he and others like him can pick out for themselves any value they can find from the American carcass.

The poll wasn't presented of proof of that at all. It was presented as proof that the majority of the American people are sick of this charade, and the minority that still support it need to grow up and move on. As has been pointed out several times and I'm sure you're aware, the real numbers are likely even lower than the poll indicated. The people dragging this on are doing nothing but damaging themselves and, ironically, doing Putin's work of dividing the country. I'm no authority figure, I'm not demanding anyone do anything, it was just a suggestion.

posted on May, 23 2019 @ 09:12 PM
link   

No, I will not move the fluck on. It seems that having a lying cheating arrogant asshole is as president in this country is fine with some people. And they admit it freely as you just have. How we can go about dealing with people who believe those things are OK is beyond me, but I will keep trying.

then list his crimes. remember, "I don't like him" isn't a crime.

good luck. I'm counting on you to rise above partisan tears.

posted on May, 23 2019 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I don't think Russia is the one... I'd go so far to say I think it goes against the objective by dwelling on something that will give him and his cause more validation.

posted on May, 23 2019 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: underpass61

I see this Under and I offer no excuse for the immaturity of many on the left other than there is deep existential concern in many of them. I think. An existential concern that is experienced by many on the right as well.

These times are trying for us all and many flock to anyone who can explain it for them and almost inevitably those explanations are themselves immature.

posted on May, 23 2019 @ 10:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad
They need to impeach the orange man now. I'm sick and tired of his campaign promises being kept and helping all the deplorable Wal-Mart smelling people across the country.

The movement to impeach Trump is coming from the conservative right.

Put the pipe down and walk away or I'll have Pelosi come to your house and stage an intervention. I'm sure she's praying for you and DJT now.

posted on May, 25 2019 @ 03:34 AM
link   

but look at the economy

posted on May, 25 2019 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

then list his crimes. remember, "I don't like him" isn't a crime.

good luck. I'm counting on you to rise above partisan tears.

the republicans haven't said a peep about trump taking payoffs, and has made it legal for trump to take as much foreign money as he can, without legal consequences in violation of the emoluments clause in the constitution. trump is trying everything he can to avoid anyone from seeing his finances.....I wonder why?......I also wonder why you people on the right won't recognize the obvious?

trump has jacked up his hotel rates, his golf club memberships, and everything else "trump"... and foreigners have been happy to pay him, this is public knowledge....

posted on May, 25 2019 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: mtnshredder

originally posted by: dfnj2015

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad
They need to impeach the orange man now. I'm sick and tired of his campaign promises being kept and helping all the deplorable Wal-Mart smelling people across the country.

The movement to impeach Trump is coming from the conservative right.

Put the pipe down and walk away or I'll have Pelosi come to your house and stage an intervention. I'm sure she's praying for you and DJT now.

I laugh every time Pelosi treats trump like a small child, and trump takes the bait, and starts acting like one....

posted on May, 25 2019 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Steveogold

Granted Steve. The economy looks good on paper right now. But is it sustainable? That is my question because I am an old man and my financial situation is established. But what about my grand children and in my case my 2 year old great grand children. What will it look like for them.

I look at Trump's business model and I do not see sustainability. I see quick profit and cut and run investment. I see failed businesses littering the road behind him. I see scam businesses like his university. I see buying and relabeling believing that by just putting his name on something like that air line he bought, renamed and then drove into bankruptcy as businesses that served only to bring him profit in the short term.

His history of short term profit does not give him the skills nor the perspective to operate a nation that should be looking to the long term well being of citizens. So while there is this short term boost in the economy I see it as a chimera, one that looks good on the immediate surface but beneath which lies an unsteady foundation for future development.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join