It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looking for a better map of the Atlantic ocean

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2019 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hanslune

originally posted by: All Seeing Eye

Its not all of the scientific community that fight the idea, only a small portion, at the top.

At the top? What top?

You almost made me laugh at that question. Research the history of science.

Our origins lie in a 1660 ‘invisible college’ of natural philosophers and physicians. Today we are the UK’s national science academy and a Fellowship of some 1,600 of the world’s most eminent scientists.

This is the more bland version
History of the Royal Society

But a deeper look into the "Royal Society" and you will see "Who" naturally floats to the top.

Exhibition – Freemasons and the Royal Society

The “masonic” Royal Society of Sciences and the Arts

Gresham had been appointed joint General Warden of Masons in 1567, so it is therefore not surprising that he sought to imbue his new college with the principles of Freemasonry.

Royal Society of Astronomy; Newton and the Freemasons

King Charles II was a founding member of the Royal Society, and is listed as a freemason by many sources, such as this.
And people wonder why the Queen of England is considered a mason.

Clearly, the Royal Society was founded by Freemasons, and has continued to be totally dominated by Freemasons ever since.

Now, does anyone really wonder why the majority of Astronauts that went to the moon, were Masons?

Royalty, Royal Society, Sublime Prince of the Royal Secret. Its not the science they reveal, its the science, they hide....

At the top, Royalty? Or is it the royal secret.!

True, the Royal Society belongs to England, but Freemasonry is Global. I wonder how many scientists in the rest of the British Empire, are Masons as well.

posted on May, 23 2019 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Type in google, “the Eye of the Sahara”

I think that’s possibly where Atlantis was

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 03:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: peter vlar
a reply to: schuyler
Sure, aside from the alleged impact event being dated to 12,900 BCE +/- so the timeline is still off a couple of thousand years. And the fact that Plato mentions Athens fighting Atlantis and we KNOW that Athens didn’t exist roughly the same time as Gobekli Tepe. Hancock weaves in interesting story. It’s only when one actually reviews his citations that they find his work is much less fact and far more personal interpretation due to confirmation bias and a need to keep a consistent message despite often moving the goal posts for his loyal readers.

I answer you with facts, accepted by the official scientific community today. No aliens, no UFOs, no bull#s.

Athens is one of the oldest known cities in the world. Plato is not telling lies about his own city. I just quote Wikipedia, which is known to contain only facts accepted by the scientific community: "The oldest known human presence in Athens is the Cave of Schist, which has been dated to between the 11th and 7th millennia BC.[5] Athens has been continuously inhabited for at least 7,000 years"

The impact dated to 12,900 BCE is not important to me, it is related to a previous catastrophic event, which happened before Atlantis. But we know from the Greenland's ice measurements that around 9700 BCE there was a temperature change of about 10°C in a very small time compared to the time scale. This caused the melting of glaciers and an increase of the global sea level of at least 70 meters.

edit on 24-5-2019 by doggersland because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 06:04 AM
link   
There are evidences of Multiple distinct Epoch of parsed and defined Human Civilisations to be found below the surface of the Earth and below the waters of Oceans Seas and Lakes and atop Mountains....the Suppresssion has evolved along with technology...pictures of screen-shots from Google Earth taken years ago that are preserved will show many of these evidences clearly....Google Earth today will not provide the same data , of course there is a Pattern to be found Globally...and this pattern has a name.

These ruins are found on EVERY Continent.

In every case there are places where the overburden is so shallow OR eroded that you can see Neighborhoods with Houses that still have Vehicles parked in front of them, you can see many types of buildings .

It is often the case that evidences of separate Epochs are found intermingled.

This stuff is all over the Planet and cannot be hidden any longer.But they are still trying to suppress things.

Gteat job....keep lookin there is a massive amount of evidence to be found.

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 06:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hanslune

Its not all of the scientific community that fight the idea, only a small portion, at the top.

At the top? What top?

You almost made me laugh at that question. Research the history of science.

Our origins lie in a 1660 ‘invisible college’ of natural philosophers and physicians. Today we are the UK’s national science academy and a Fellowship of some 1,600 of the world’s most eminent scientists.

This is the more bland version
History of the Royal Society

But a deeper look into the "Royal Society" and you will see "Who" naturally floats to the top.

Exhibition – Freemasons and the Royal Society

The “masonic” Royal Society of Sciences and the Arts

Gresham had been appointed joint General Warden of Masons in 1567, so it is therefore not surprising that he sought to imbue his new college with the principles of Freemasonry.

Royal Society of Astronomy; Newton and the Freemasons

King Charles II was a founding member of the Royal Society, and is listed as a freemason by many sources, such as this.
And people wonder why the Queen of England is considered a mason.

Clearly, the Royal Society was founded by Freemasons, and has continued to be totally dominated by Freemasons ever since.

Now, does anyone really wonder why the majority of Astronauts that went to the moon, were Masons?

Royalty, Royal Society, Sublime Prince of the Royal Secret. Its not the science they reveal, its the science, they hide....

At the top, Royalty? Or is it the royal secret.!

True, the Royal Society belongs to England, but Freemasonry is Global. I wonder how many scientists in the rest of the British Empire, are Masons as well.

Excellent insights on what catalysed The Flood....I cant wait till you and Peter Vlar meet up.....lol....go easy on the Royal Family....they are only place-holders...the answer to your questions revolving around the Royal Family connections is to be found within the words written on a mural to be found beneath the floor of the Royal Coronation Room....read it and ponder it.

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 06:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: doggersland

originally posted by: peter vlar
a reply to: schuyler
Sure, aside from the alleged impact event being dated to 12,900 BCE +/- so the timeline is still off a couple of thousand years. And the fact that Plato mentions Athens fighting Atlantis and we KNOW that Athens didn’t exist roughly the same time as Gobekli Tepe. Hancock weaves in interesting story. It’s only when one actually reviews his citations that they find his work is much less fact and far more personal interpretation due to confirmation bias and a need to keep a consistent message despite often moving the goal posts for his loyal readers.

I answer you with facts, accepted by the official scientific community today. No aliens, no UFOs, no bull#s.

Athens is one of the oldest known cities in the world. Plato is not telling lies about his own city. I just quote Wikipedia, which is known to contain only facts accepted by the scientific community: "The oldest known human presence in Athens is the Cave of Schist, which has been dated to between the 11th and 7th millennia BC.[5] Athens has been continuously inhabited for at least 7,000 years"

The impact dated to 12,900 BCE is not important to me, it is related to a previous catastrophic event, which happened before Atlantis. But we know from the Greenland's ice measurements that around 9700 BCE there was a temperature change of about 10°C in a very small time compared to the time scale. This caused the melting of glaciers and an increase of the global sea level of at least 70 meters.

The Official Scientific Community was not designed to self-preserve....to be defended....it is a CONDUIT....everything is temporary....only a bastardised Community managed by tactically underinformed minds would seek to fight to maintain and preserve any type of Scientific status quo....a lot of people with ties to formal Academia come here and elsewhere online to defend and preserve the Scientific staus quo......it is terribly regressive IMHO.

An Academics JOB is to disprove disenfranchise and erase his or her TEACHERS...everything done should be focused upon proving the Status-quo wrong....not proving it right.

edit on 24-5-2019 by one4all because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: TritonTaranis

I'm leaning in that direction. What might it have looked like, before the flood, and wars. Not a desert, lush with plenty of water. Fit, for a King.

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: one4all

Thank you for the "catalyst", it took a heck of a lot of reading. I am also confident in the Mechanics of the flood to wipe out mankind. It would also explain wales found deep in the desert sands...

What I am seeing is the Flood was intended to destroy all the created life forms. Kind of like a criminal destroying evidence. The wars that followed, that gave us our deserts, was not aimed at us, but was the gods and their Descendants fighting for control.

"read it and ponder it". Sure, if I could find it. The only thing I saw was a rug that appeared to resemble the Mercator’s map of the north pole. But interestingly, much of the art work in the royal chambers also resemble the geometry of that map.

Peter Vlar meet up? I have no objection, but it isn't up to me. Would love the chance to disgorge... LOL LOL

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 01:12 PM
link   
But the fact is, aliens and their UFO's are not bullsheet, they are in fact, FACT.

Which means that since they are here now then there is no reason to think that our ancestors were wrong when they wrote down that Gods (aka aliens) were here in the past and created our civilization from the ground up.

Once you understand and accept this the rest gets easier.

Then there is no problem with Athens warring with Atlantis because we are talking about known mythology (aka history) where the Titans warred with the Olympian Gods (aka Zeus and his Greek gang).

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: All Seeing Eye

You do realise the Atlantes were a Berber tribe named after the Atlas mountains where they hailed from?

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flavian

You do realise the Atlantes were a Berber tribe named after the Atlas mountains where they hailed from?

I believe that is covered in the video.

I haven't given this subject much thought. The term "Atlantes" actually seems to be used globally. Again, I would have to give it more thought. The connections do seem to be there.

Thank you for your input.

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flavian

Bingo...do you realise those are my Family...and that they were a critical group of Humans who survived the last Vlar Global Displacement Wave event which wiped out Global Civilisations....the Atlas Mountains as well as the Busegi Mountains and others not yet being discussed online are all locations which are illuminated and illustrated on the Vlar Global Continental Displacement Wave Model.....they are high Altitude locations which were targeted by People trying to survive .

Excellent observation.

posted on May, 25 2019 @ 08:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: StallionDuck
I always wondered how there are many examples of very straight, almost perfectly straight lines extending for such vast distances under the oceans....

Unusual grid patterns seen on maps of the ocean floor are created by ships taking higher-resolution sonar readings — to create better maps!

oceanservice.noaa.gov...

posted on May, 25 2019 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: AndyMayhew

You know that is actually a swamp gas explanation.
THERE is no way on this earth that those satellite images could have captured such contiguously long and defined trails from such a source, I mean how fast and powerful were those ship's moving, it's one of the most ridiculous official claim's of an explanation ever made actually.
Sonar track's affecting Satellite imagery, why are people's stereo's not affecting there vision of homes from space?.

posted on May, 26 2019 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: TritonTaranis

I have given the possibility more thought over the weekend. A bullseye in the middle of a desert is not appealing to the idea of Atlantis, but when one factors in that between 10,000 and 12,000 years ago the Northern Africa region was actually a very lush area, then Plato,s timeline becomes very possible. Also taking into consideration that science tells us that close to the middle of the bullseye there was a natural spring, it becomes even more possible, tipping the scales to probable.

Like any large population area there are out lying areas that contribute to the success of that populated hub. Why Should the City state of Atlantis be any different.

When one looks for these "suburbs" you come up with possibilities. One in particular is approx 12 miles away, and as would be expected, down stream. Quadane, "Le Ksar Al Kiali". Of great interest is the ancient ruins in that location. It appears as though it was a water front community at the time when the waters would have filled the ancient water beds.

Another place to start looking is at Oasis De Tanouchert, and just to the west of it. Obvious signs of ancient habitation. 20°42'53.15"N 11°52'24.26"W . Oasis De Tanouchert itself seem to be more recent but I wouldn't exclude it from ancient habitation. The surrounding area is filled with ruins.

Another, right where you would expect a small city to be, at the intersection of somewhat large rivers at 20°44'23.42"N 12° 0'10.91"W "No Name". It is a rather large ruin which undoubtedly had a population of hundreds of people. And as the crow flies, only 40 miles from the bullseye. It would not be logical for a community this size to exist in a desert environment. I would consider this to be a major contributor to, the bullseye.

I would hesitate to decree Atlantis has been found without first, boots on the ground. But, if I were in a position to order the start to ground penetrating radar flights, I would give the order.

posted on May, 26 2019 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyMayhew

originally posted by: StallionDuck
I always wondered how there are many examples of very straight, almost perfectly straight lines extending for such vast distances under the oceans....

Unusual grid patterns seen on maps of the ocean floor are created by ships taking higher-resolution sonar readings — to create better maps!

oceanservice.noaa.gov...

Yeah, I know. On the same map, you can change the settings and it shows the paths they take. I was kidding more than being serious.

Though... With the great flood thing I mentioned, I think I might actually be on to something. I don't want to throw it out there until I get a little time to actually make a well thought out post about it. It ties in so much!! But so far, I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere.

posted on May, 26 2019 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

At the end of the last ice age it was not only sea level rise but Sea Bed Depression that you must factor in.

During the glacial maximum ice sheet's often over 2 miles thick and perhaps in places up to four miles covered most of the northern European and North American continental land mass - a huge weight I am sure you will note, this of course Depressed those continent's into the the mantle and even today post glacial rebound (the continent is rising back up) is still happening across most of these northern land mass, in some cases this rebound is rather more like a see-saw affect as in the case of the British Isles, Scotland is rising and southern England is sinking - but at a far more sedate pace than is happening in parts of Norway for example.

So what were the continent's depressed into, the underlying MAGMA which of course had to go somewhere but where did it have to go, were was lighter than it used to be, well the ocean's were actually lighter as so much water was trapped in the ice sheet's so the ocean bed would have rebounded during the glacial maximum perhaps several hundred feet in places making even deeper sea mount's appear above the ocean's surface than a pure barometric map based solely on estimates of water displaced would show, of course just like the see-saw tilting affect on the British isles a similar affect may have occurred in other region's and in fact the shifting of magma may have caused some areas to actually be lower even were there was no ice due to this tilting and buckling of the plates.

Then you have to factor in evidence that ENTIRE continent's can and have tilted, as India is rushing into Asia (at Geological speed but still fast enough to push up the Himalaya's from what used to be the Tethis Sea, northern India is running OVER the Asian plate and the entire Indian continent is tilted - what if MU/Lemuria - the ancient Tamil continent was actually REAL and just this very action contributed to it's sinking?, certainly there are claims from Tsunami's when the sea receded of huge temple's now under water having been seen far from shore more or less proving that vast swath's of what was formerly livable occupied land in southern India and Sri Lanka are now lost beneath the waves.

In South America just the other side of the Atlantic from Africa there is also evidence of even that HUGE continent - much larger than the Indian continent having itself also Tilted, it's eastern sea board has dipped down drowning huge areas of what may once have been dry land while it's western side is riding over a particularly thick pacific ocean plate that may once have been a proto continent (Continent's have been created and destroyed many time's in the earth's geological life but the plates upon which and of which they formed are still thicker than usual even long after they have sunk back into the mantle - some estimates believe there may even have been as many as several previous continent's before the birth of the one's upon which we stand - BEFORE our continent's so I am not talking about Pangea of Gondwanaland etc they were merely our current continent's in a different arrangement) earlier in the earth's history.

What if a cataclysmic event caused entire regions to sink suddenly as a huge earthquake triggered by the change in magma displacement by the variation in ice and sea water coupled with pent up geological force was triggered and much of south american sank in a day and a night sending a huge tidal wave over the Atlantic and another caused by south america's western sea board rising - throwing sea port city of tiwanaku and puma punku into destruction tossing there stone's around like a child's building block's and stranding a once thriving west south american fjord port high in the air whike simultaneously sinking a mysterious city north of Cuba down into the depth's of the ocean.
www.ancient-origins.net...

I still believe the Eye IS Atlantis but I actually believe the calamity that befell Atlantis was only a symptom of a much larger catastrophe that probably also destroyed other cultures and city's around the world at about or at the same time during an epoch of increased geological activity.

edit on 26-5-2019 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2019 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

I still believe the Eye IS Atlantis but I actually believe the calamity that befell Atlantis was only a symptom of a much larger catastrophe that probably also destroyed other cultures and city's around the world at about or at the same time during an epoch of increased geological activity.

Global in nature, a big yes to that.

I would go along with the idea that Atlantis went under the waves, and was washed into the Atlantic. Which by the way, is very convenient that the Oceans name co insides with Atlas, Atlantis..

What if a cataclysmic event caused entire regions to sink suddenly as a huge earthquake triggered by the change in magma displacement by the variation in ice and sea water coupled with pent up geological force

I'm going to suggest that it wasn't a meteorite that caused the great flood. I will go along with your Magma core Idea for now, the effects would be the same. The moon has a certain amount of "Pull" on our planet as can be seen in the tidal cycles. If you think about it that is quite a lot of power. Lets say the moon was half as far as it is now, would that intensify those tides? What about large inland seas, lakes. Would they not also be effected? Pulling all that water one way, then another? Then, half the distance again. What would it look like? Earthquakes, tilting, etc? The continental plates would act like ships on a rough sea. Some may even tilt to a degree where ocean water rushes in causing massive flooding, destroying everything in its path.

Now all that is assuming that the moon was movable, guidable. But we all know, that's just not possible, right? Everyone knows the moon has never moved from its position, right? RIGHT? I wonder how they know that...

posted on May, 26 2019 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

Those lines you refer to are the areas a boat scanned with sonar. What your seeing is better detail and the path the boat took doing the scanning.

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 10:57 AM
link   

I actually believe both activity's occurred, there was an impact as well during the period.

I also believe such a similar event today would be enough to completely wipe our global civilization out - except that perhaps we have spread our idea's, knowledge and technology much further and perhaps are more advanced than the creators of the ancient sea map's - or are we?.

So I am in no way denying the impact theory and it as well as a Velikovsky type near pass of a dense object would also explain a few of our solar system's eccentricity's (though I do not believe it was Venus - I was not there though so who know's?).

Now a quick venture into the fringe of the wild side of this debate.

There are many anecdotal tale's such as claim's of the ruin's of a very modern looking city near to Hawaii that the rumor say's the US navy know's about but perhaps for the same reason that UFO's were denied that too is denied, a tale of a discovery of a massive underwater city complete with domed building's, houses and road ways when the DSV that had stumbled into the ruin's suffered both instrument and electrical failure - some claim that these site's appear than disappear as if they are trapped between world's or something.
Another tale that suggests the Soviet's also knew a lot such as a tale about a soviet expedition west of the Straights of Gibraltar (Pillars of Hercules) were supposedly they had found the ruin's of a vast city made of high tech plastic like material, concrete and the remain's of a monorail system which had once serviced it, the supposedly brought up a statue from the site - but being the cold war and this being the early 70's it was probably an installation built by the soviet's to watch ocean traffic in the region with there own version of the SOSUS net since it is likely both sides had there own - we know all about NATO's but never hear do the soviet one.

But of course as long as people have sailed the sea they have had tales of sunken city's, lost land's and even church bell's that on stormy night's can be heard ringing in the depth's.

Then again I believe that every legend has a kernel of truth and in this case it is one very big kernel indeed.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join