It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EU elections today.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2019 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: bastion

Prize bellend, Tommy Robinson/Yaxley-Lennon, is standing as an independent here but looks like he'll struggle to get 2%, or retain his deposit if turnout is above 40% (despite it being a hotbed for racism).

Wishful thinking 😂

Tommy will clean up the far left fascist scum

posted on May, 23 2019 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Well that's my vote done, stopped off with the Mrs on the way back from dropping my daughter off at cadets.
It's tall ships this weekend in Gloucester so should be a neat weekend.
I do like how our polling station is opposite the pub, even if I can't indulge, it's always nice to have the chance.

posted on May, 23 2019 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Got my vote done just in time.
Didn't see many names crossed off the list, turnout looks low.
edit on 23/5/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2019 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

Was a pretty #ty day, filled with ice cream denial, even tough eventually got it,

Decided to vote on my first option, that was the hotdog, was yommyinmatummy, but then later another disappointment struck, i got a donut for dessert, it was covered in mold, first time ever, it was baked this morning, so have been very confused about how it was already moldy.

On my way back home, decided to check out the voting area, happened to hear a conversation of senior citizens...

imagine an elderly voice -------- I do not even know who to vote or who the candidates are...-------

Thought to myself, well at least you got up and voted so now you have mattered.

posted on May, 23 2019 @ 04:23 PM
link   
We won't get the result until Sunday night.
Plenty of time to make the vote totals whatever they need to be.

posted on May, 23 2019 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Did everyone take their own pen, or use the handy pencil offered at the polling booth?
I forgot the pen. Hope I pressed hard enough on the Brexit candidates as possible.

posted on May, 23 2019 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: solve

There's no way that donut was made today.

posted on May, 23 2019 @ 07:02 PM
link   
The turnout was better than the other election at the beginning of the month, my polling station was busy all day

However, this was the first time I’d ever got given a pencil to vote, a little concerning, haven’t used a pencil in over a decade for anything

Anybody know why we were all given pencils? How good are rubbers these days ?
edit on 23-5-2019 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: TritonTaranis
The turnout was better than the other election at the beginning of the month, my polling station was busy all day

However, this was the first time I’d ever got given a pencil to vote, a little concerning, haven’t used a pencil in over a decade for anything

Anybody know why we were all given pencils? How good are rubbers these days ?

I seem to recall they used pencils in the Brexit vote too.

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 06:45 PM
link   

However, this was the first time I’d ever got given a pencil to vote, a little concerning, haven’t used a pencil in over a decade for anything.
Anybody know why we were all given pencils?

As far as I know, pencils have always been the norm. In the old days, supplying pens would have involved having a separate supply of ink. Somebody would have to top up the inkwells from their large bottles of "Stephens". Pencils would have been simpler.
Boxes are opened and counted in front of the jealous eyes of representatives of the candidates, which is supposed to make tampering more difficult.

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 09:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
...even if The Brexit Party took every single UK seat for the European parliament it will have absolutely no power whatsoever to enact Brexit.

That's true but it would put more pressure on the government and even parliament to some extent, to enact a proper Brexit. That pressure will only increase should the Brexit Party do well in the Peterborough By-election.
Nigel Farage said the Brexit Party will demand to be at the EU negotiation table should they win the European elections.

posted on May, 25 2019 @ 06:17 AM
link   
a reply to: 83Liberty

That's true but it would put more pressure on the government and even parliament to some extent, to enact a proper Brexit.

And that is one of the major problems - exactly what constitutes a 'proper Brexit?'

That pressure will only increase should the Brexit Party do well in the Peterborough By-election.

One MP out of 650.
Do you honestly think any of the major political parties will really be bothered?
Now if these was a General Election looming it might be different, but there isn't.

Nigel Farage said the Brexit Party will demand to be at the EU negotiation table should they win the European elections.

And they'll ignore him.

I am a passionate Brexit supporter - No Deal is quite appealing to me - and I voted for The Brexit Party.
But I'm realistic as to what they can achieve.

I heard Michael Gove saying on TV that "the people of Britain didn't vote for a No Deal", how the hell does he know?
And it'd be at least as accurate to say we didn't vote for Brexit WITH a deal.
Parliament and those who infest it have done nothing but try to derail and dilute Brexit....and I'm sorry to say but I think they'll succeed.
Any Brexit Party EU victory will not change that.

posted on May, 26 2019 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Prediction.

Brexit Party: 40%
Lib Dems: 22%
Labour: 13%
Greens: 12%
Conservatives: 9%
Change UK: 2%
UKIP: 2%

posted on May, 26 2019 @ 06:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn
A proper Brexit is one where we don't have to abide by a single rule from the EU. That includes leaving the single market and the customs union. I personally advocate leaving without a deal, then get a low tariff deal via WTO, then eventually negotiate a free-trade deal with the EU.

I beg to differ. If we don't get Brexit then the attraction of the Brexit Party will continue. They will be campaigning to leave the EU so they will still get many votes. MP's in Tory shires and Labour heartlands would be very worried about losing their well-paid jobs. It would also make it much difficult for either parties to form a majority government. However, I concede it wouldn't make a blind bit a difference to the more hardcore remainers.

posted on May, 26 2019 @ 06:58 AM
link   
a reply to: bastion
Here's my prediction...
Brexit Party: 36%
Lib Dems: 21%
Labour: 15%
Greens: 11%
Conservatives: 10%
Change UK: 2%
UKIP: 2%
Other/spolied: 3%

posted on May, 26 2019 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: bastion

Prize bellend, Tommy Robinson/Yaxley-Lennon, is standing as an independent here but looks like he'll struggle to get 2%, or retain his deposit if turnout is above 40% (despite it being a hotbed for racism).

Wishful thinking 😂

Tommy will clean up the far left fascist scum

First things first Fascists are right wing nationalistic scum.
Secondly Stephen Yaxley-Lennon won't clean up anything, as he won't be elected in any way, shape or form. The polls have him lagging badly and he'll be lucky to break 2%. Stick a fork in him, he's done.

posted on May, 26 2019 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Wow, change UK getting beat by Ukip who lost nearly all their votes to the Brexit Party.
Hopefully this continues.
Results trickling in over the next few hours.

posted on May, 26 2019 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Much to my non-surprise 'Tommy Robinson' has admitted defeat and fled the building after having a rant about being banned from social media because of the fact that he's a hate-filled pillock.
Landlord, a pint please. I'm celebrating.

posted on May, 26 2019 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK
Wow, change UK getting beat by Ukip who lost nearly all their votes to the Brexit Party.
Hopefully this continues.
Results trickling in over the next few hours.

UKIP collapsing. Tories collapsing. Labour are having a nightmare, vote down all over the place. Brexit party surging, but then so are the Lib Dems, who are up all over the place - and who have won in Corbyn's own seat.
Landlord, two pints please!

posted on May, 26 2019 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: AngryCymraeg

Got to agree with that.

Even funnier than change UK getting beat by the zombie remains of Ukip.

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join