It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EU elections today.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2019 @ 06:14 AM
link   
a reply to: thov420

Exactly that and one of the main reasons everyone got so shocked by the polls not reflecting the votes in recent years.

posted on May, 23 2019 @ 06:19 AM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK
People don't like being told what or how to think. Polls are basically meaningless nowadays. Hillary was supposed to win by like 90% or whatever but she killed her chances. Have good
ideas and policies for everyday people and they might vote for you. Call them deplorables and watch your chances go into the toilet.

posted on May, 23 2019 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Yep and hilariously, the remain side has taken that very page from her playbook.
I mostly read the Guardian over here (Because it is free) but every piece about Brexit contains the same dismissive, deplorable rubbish that Hitlery and her cohorts tried to stop people voting for Trump.

posted on May, 23 2019 @ 06:35 AM
link   

I have real issues today. Im a Tory boy for my sins and as i am fond of reminding you all, Pro EU. However, i also fully accept that my side lost that particular debate and we need to leave as per the democratic mandate.

So who to vote for? I can't vote Labour - i just can't bring myself to endorse Corbyn and his marxist hate filled friends. He could personally be offering me a package that would give me many millions of pounds and i still couldn't bring myself to vote for him or his ilk.

I am actually more a liberal Conservative than hard right so could i switch to the Lib Dems? No, not this time for this election. They are campaigning on repudiating the political mandate already gained. That is an affront to democracy, even though in theory it is for something i would wish for (stay in the EU).

So, my Tories. No, not this time. They have made such a pig's ear of Brexit that it would be an undeserved vote and also a complete waste of a vote. For the record though, i don't blame the Tories solely for this debacle. For me, the opposition can't blame the Tories anymore following the night in Parliament the other month when they rejected 8 different proposals. That exposed each and everyone of the serving MP's. You can't blame the Tories when no one can agree on anything - they are all #.

So, the Brexit Party? No. Farage is a charlatan and a sham. He talks a good game and does nothing. Some of the people standing have some very dubious views. Plus, they aren't really a proper party anyway. It is all very well saying they will make sure we leave the EU but how? What proposals are in place? How will force your version through Parliament? Winning the EU elections won't actually give them any input in getting proposals through our domestic Parliament, where any deal needs to be signed off. In essence, a vote for them is sticking 2 fingers up at the establishment but won't achieve anything, so is again a waste of a vote.

Change UK? No. No explanation needed........

Greens? No, environmental Nazi party.

Yorkshire Party? No point, can't achieve anything and has no chance of winning - a waste of a vote again.

Really, i am not left with anything.

posted on May, 23 2019 @ 07:05 AM
link   

My advice, vote for the Green party European Election Candidate.

And that's coming from a Rangers supporter. LoL

The rest of them are simply a shower of #e wanting to line there own pockets.

Good luck everyone, and have a nice day.

posted on May, 23 2019 @ 07:08 AM
link   
a reply to: PsychoEmperor

Talking to a remainer yesterday I asked them, “If the Brexit Party win big what does that mean?” The response was “it means people are disenchanted with both major parties but doesn’t mean the people want Brexit”

In a nutshell that's probably the biggest cause of the mess we are in; a refusal to admit that what we actually really do want is Brexit, no if's, but's, maybe's and deals....just Brexit.
Remainers just simply will not accept it.

Then I asked what if the remain parties together win big? The response was “it means people want to remain”

See, obvious hypocrisy and double standards and typical of so many Remainers.

Anyway, Brexit Party for me.

No particular fan of Farage and I'm aware its a one-trick pony but I absolutely refuse to vote for any of the mainstream parties.

posted on May, 23 2019 @ 07:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Flavianno independents on the ballot near you?
You always have the option of writing what you feel on the paper.

posted on May, 23 2019 @ 07:12 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shakesurely you have to vote SNP up there or you are never allowed Lanarkshire sausage ever again.

posted on May, 23 2019 @ 07:17 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

My advice, vote for the Green party European Election Candidate.

As has been said, environmental Nazi's....and Remainers.

And that's coming from a Rangers supporter. LoL

I bloody well knew it!

The rest of them are simply a shower of #e wanting to line there own pockets.

They all are, including SNP.
Apologies for repeating myself but the party political model is no longer fit for purpose.

Good luck everyone, and have a nice day.

And to you my friend.
Can't wait till its pub o'clock....been a busy day so far.

posted on May, 23 2019 @ 07:19 AM
link   

I still canny get the taste of Sturgeon out my mouth hailing from Govanhill for so long.

Ile vote SNP again when they get rid of that midden.

Anyhoo, like i said this Billy Boy is going Green the day. LoL

Seems to be the only thing that makes a modicum of sense, and even then its a stretch.

posted on May, 23 2019 @ 07:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Pub o'clock sounds about right. LoL

And where the real votes should be cast.

posted on May, 23 2019 @ 07:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

Anyway, Brexit Party for me.

No particular fan of Farage and I'm aware its a one-trick pony but I absolutely refuse to vote for any of the mainstream parties.

That's the thing - it isn't even a one trick party. Even if they win 99% of the vote, it is for the European Parliament only. This gives them zero input into getting any deal through Parliament or even any input into what type of deal it should be.

It is simply a protest vote. There isn't anything wrong with that but i suspect that many that vote for them will then whinge about their lack of input. The more i hear people discussing Brexit, the more i despair about people's lack of knowledge on our own political system.

posted on May, 23 2019 @ 07:24 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

And where the real votes should be cast.

I think that is possibly the best idea you've ever had; polling booths in pubs.

Perhaps an incentive of two or three free drinks prior to voting could be introduced?

posted on May, 23 2019 @ 07:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

I still canny get the taste of Sturgeon out my mouth

Too..............many..............images............feel................sick..............

posted on May, 23 2019 @ 07:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Flavian

Just be thankful it's not Friday then. LoL

posted on May, 23 2019 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn
Alcohol lowers inhibitions, if people could get a drink or three before voting they might actually vote how they want and will ignore the propaganda.

Then again, that probably wouldn't help matters at all.

posted on May, 23 2019 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Decisions, decisions,

I think i am going to vote foooor,,,

A hotdog.

Well i don`t know, do i want hotdog to make the most money?, there is also Pizza,

Then if Falafel is thrown in the mix, i am in biig trouble

But at the same time, i want my life to mean something... So i must vote something,,, i will just decide on the way there.

posted on May, 23 2019 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Flavian

The more i hear people discussing Brexit, the more i despair about people's lack of knowledge on our own political system.

That's because our education system neither encourages or teaches people to think for themselves and to formulate their own opinions on things.
They are then spoon fed drivel from biased agenda driven sources.

A protest vote is the best option available today.

At future General Elections I hope there will be some suitable independent candidate to vote for.

posted on May, 23 2019 @ 07:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

Anyway, Brexit Party for me

One trick pony or not ...... As i've said many times before I'll vote for ANY

party who honours the referendum AND TAKES US OUT OF THE EU

posted on May, 23 2019 @ 07:41 AM
link   

......if people could get a drink or three before voting they might actually vote how they want and will ignore the propaganda.

You've sold the idea to me.

But just to make sure I think I best go to the pub a bit later and check its suitability....I might have to go tomorrow night as well....maybe even Saturday night too, just to make sure.
I think its called field research.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join