It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Classic defensive gun use incident in Tallahassee

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2019 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

Seems to me that if it can be taken away, it’s a privilege.
Is that right?

posted on May, 23 2019 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: spacedoubt
a reply to: face23785

Seems to me that if it can be taken away, it’s a privilege.
Is that right?

And how hard is it here in the U.S. to do that? How long has it taken to get even this far?
Then think how fast it took to do in New Zealand and Australia.....just pass a law....no Constitutional amendment process.

Big difference.

Y'know...

posted on May, 23 2019 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa
It’s simple.
Get Charged with a felony, and have a public defender.

posted on May, 23 2019 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: spacedoubt
It’s simple.
Get Charged with a felony, and have a public defender.

Then, what, how long to trials take, and appeals, etc... I know I would fight it to my last $$ to retain my rights.
Unlike some that just roll over and let them be taken away without a fight.

posted on May, 23 2019 @ 07:12 PM
link   

I think that if the Gov wants to take away guns, that's how they do it.
Pretty sure it's been done that way already.
All it takes it to create a new non-gun related law that creates felons, or just lower the felony bar on existing laws.
Maybe overzealous law enforcement group, toss a bag of drugs in the car of your target. Boom, no gun for you!
But the "right to bear arms" would still exist.

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 11:49 AM
link   
It seems we have an Aussie in this post that is unfortunately one of the "many" that seem to be conditioned to fear firearms and that calling 000 will solve all their fears about someone inside their house.

They themselves have yet to realise gun laws are only making life harder for us law abibiding people and not really helping helping them sleep better at night.

I admit im a criminal to be feared in Australia "apparently" as i keep my safe unlocked at night which is in "my" bedroom (also we don't have children) for the hopefully to never happen occasion as i may hurt someone who enters our house uninvited....... hell atm i only own a .22lr bolt action but its better than a blank face, but knowing my luck they'll run and report what happened and then i'll be the criminal

A few months ago their was a story of a home owner who got a home intruder to drive them to a local police station at gun point. the home owner was basically made out to be the criminal in the situation due to fear of pun possession and misuse yada yada. Kicker was her never actually had a the bolt in the gun. The story dissapered and I never heard the outcome of what happened to the home owner.

In Australia it pays to be a criminal and intice someone to only hopefully shoot you non lethally, you then have the law in your favour...... Yep sucks to be us

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Trigger82
It seems we have an Aussie in this post that is unfortunately one of the "many" that seem to be conditioned to fear firearms and that calling 000 will solve all their fears about someone inside their house.

I'm not particularly anti-guns mate... I'm just not so paranoid as to spend my entire life in constant fear of the very unlikely scenario that some "bad guy" would randomly decide to break into my house.

I don't have airbags in my car either... even though it's in the realms of possibility that some drunk could take me out at anytime!

You if you spend your whole life in a constant state of fear of what could happen, then existence within itself becomes an extremely stressful prospect.

btw, bloody Queenslanders! They should just ship ya all out to Texas already... I'm saw you'd all be much happier there anyway.

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

originally posted by: Trigger82

I'm not particularly anti-guns mate... I'm just not so paranoid as to spend my entire life in constant fear of the very unlikely scenario that some "bad guy" would randomly decide to break into my house.

I don't have airbags in my car either... even though it's in the realms of possibility that some drunk could take me out at anytime!

You if you spend your whole life in a constant state of fear of what could happen, then existence within itself becomes an extremely stressful prospect.

btw, bloody Queenslanders! They should just ship ya all out to Texas already... I'm saw you'd all be much happier there anyway.

Again, this is all made up. No one spends their life in "constant fear" just because they prepare for something. That's a false equivalence. It's something anti-gun extremists made up about gun owners to make themselves feel better. This is why nobody takes you guys seriously. You don't know anything about the subject matter or the people on the other side of the issue. You just make stuff up.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join