It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2nd judge refuses to block House subpoenas for Trump bank records

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2019 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Scapegrace
The US Constitution lays out the requirements to be eligible for President, natural born citizen(whatever that means) and 35 years old are the only stipulations. Tax/income forms don't come into play unless it's beneficial for the opposition.

posted on May, 23 2019 @ 08:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: LDragonFire

May not be the most transparent presidency ever, like he claims. I remember a president having to show his birth certificate, Trump was part of that. Turn about is fair play is it not?

I remember a President who wasn't legally required to show his birth certificate. And I remember it was considered racist to even ask him to.

In all fairness, though, I'm sure that not every person who wants to see Trump's financials is a racist. There are many in Congress that would like to know how to make millions without siphoning money from campaign donations, selling political influence, or insider trading.

posted on May, 23 2019 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: VictorVonDoom
That would require time in private industry, although all those Congresscritters already have the easy way locked up.

posted on May, 23 2019 @ 08:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: thov420
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

I tend to agree with you, most normal people file bankruptcy and lose everything, while rich people file bankruptcy and lose just a percentage of their wealth. Given that, the top percentiles also can afford to hire tax lawyers whose only job is to know/follow IRS rules. If there was incriminating evidence in Trump's taxes/financials I would hope the IRS would have flagged that and followed up on it. If the experts at the IRS didn't find anything actionable, I just don't know what some Congressmembers are hoping to uncover.

I agree. You’d think the IRS would put its best people on Trump’s return, or on someone like Jeff Bezos, the richest person in the world. I seem to recall that Amazon didn’t pay any taxes last year and probably won’t this year despite more than $200 billion in revenue. Apple has almost $300 billion stashed away in foreign banks to avoid taxes. And don’t tell me these companies aren’t deeply involved in politics and the vicious effort to bring Trump down. Ditto for Google, FaceBook and Twitter.
edit on 23-5-2019 by Scapegrace because: Typo

posted on May, 23 2019 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: thov420

So why were there so many cries by the Right that Obama had to release his school records and by not doing so he was hiding something? This is the exact same thing. Just on the other foot. I'm not saying I necessarily agree with the actions of the Left in this case, but karma is a bitch and the schadenfreude is delicious.

posted on May, 23 2019 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

So why were there so many cries by the Right that Obama had to release his school records and by not doing so he was hiding something? This is the exact same thing. Just on the other foot. I'm not saying I necessarily agree with the actions of the Left in this case, but karma is a bitch and the schadenfreude is delicious.

I don't understand why the Left is so hell bent on being just like the Right. Why aren't they trying to be better?

posted on May, 23 2019 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat

To be fair I called it back after Trump won. I said that the Right's excessive gloating was to create a Left that was going to do the exact same thing as the Right did during Obama.

posted on May, 23 2019 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254
I don't know or agree with those cries. College transcripts are automatically sealed by law unless authorized for release by the individual, the same goes for tax records.
I have to go to my school, show ID, and pay a fee just to get a copy for myself. People asking why Obama "sealed" his transcripts are barking up the wrong tree.

posted on May, 23 2019 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: DanDanDat

To be fair I called it back after Trump won. I said that the Right's excessive gloating was to create a Left that was going to do the exact same thing as the Right did during Obama.

Yea I would agree it was predictable.

What makes it worse is that the Left isn't just doing the exact same thing the right did during Obama. They are taking it to the next level. Just as the right did under Obama to avenge what happened under Bush.

The constant one-upsmanship is now reaching dangerous levels. We now have people calling for the abandonment to due process just to see their tribe win the next election. I shutter to think what is coming next.

posted on May, 23 2019 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: LDragonFire

So the IRS can't find that?

That's my beef....

If the IRS hasn't found him doing dirty taxes, I mean... WTF Aren't they the experts? If the IRS can't find issues in his tax returns, they don't need to be doing mine either.

Honestly think that Trump knows there isn't anything to be found and he's doing this to make them look like idiots when the information does come out.

I wish he would just call for country wide marshal law and put all of those bastards, every single one, under investigation. If ever was a time ripe for marshal law, now would be that time. We can't even vote a president in office without 4 years of this BS.

'If you like your president, you can keep your president'. suuuure. As long as it's a democrat president.

posted on May, 23 2019 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

How would you know if he doesnt release his records what he has been hit for?

I somewhat neutral here I think all politicians should knowingly sign away their financial privacy to show they are not on the take...of course they all are so they would not willingly vote for such measures most likely without external pressure.

posted on May, 23 2019 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier
a reply to: StallionDuck

I somewhat neutral here

Funniest post I've seen all week.

posted on May, 23 2019 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

I mean I consent he doesnt have to show his taxes

I dislike the president however. I did not mean neutral in my opinion of the Don.

Hence somewhat.

I don't like the Democrats moving the goalposts. He didn't become president with any law he has to show his taxes and such a move of privacy infringement imo requires consent.

In the future I would like to see every federal politician and judge disclose their taxes with their own consent that it comes with the job. Too much bribery(lobby)

posted on May, 23 2019 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
Doubtful there's any crime to be found, however it is interesting trump is fighting to keep the records sealed, if he claims it may undermine his presidency it's fairly reasonable to assume he has something to hide.

Yes! Absolutely! You figured him out!

hmmmmm...

or...

maybe...

Maybe he just values his Constitutional Right to be secure in his person, house, papers and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures?

Yeah, I think that's really what is going on.

posted on May, 23 2019 @ 01:24 PM
link   

There is testimony before congress of alleged crimes committed by Trump, congress is investigating these crimes.

Sorry, but Congress' job isn't to investigate crimes.

Also, I guess you have been sleeping for the last 2-3 years. 4 investigations - one massive one consisting of a SC, dozens of FBI agents and 19 rabidly anti-Trump lawyers who aren't afraid to cut corners or even break the law - and the best they can do is a few examples of 'could be considered obstruction' - except, it wasn't.

posted on May, 23 2019 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
If only trump had kept his word to the public and released his tax returns like he said he would then there wouldn't be any problem.

I believe he said he wouldn't release them until the audit was done - which it isn't, if I'm not mistaken.

I don't think they will find anything worth while in the records but he gets no sympathy from me because of his lies.

He doesn't want or need your sympathy, and of course they won't find anything, Trump is just giving the dems all the rope they are dumb enough to take.

The 2020 elections are gonna be a trip... 4 more years of Trump, and retake the House and gains in the Senate that will make the republican landslide of '94 look like a joke.

posted on May, 23 2019 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

No telling how much debt trump can run up with a full house!

What republicans?

posted on May, 23 2019 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut
"What crime are we looking for or is it just for the lulz?"

Tax evasion.

That is the IRS' jurisdiction, not Congress.

Try again.

posted on May, 23 2019 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
What crime are we looking for or is it just for the lulz?

Money laundering, bank fraud, tax evasion.

Ain't it the effing FBI and DOJ job to investigate that snip NOT political hacks in congress?

By the way wouldn't have MUELLER already looked at them?

posted on May, 23 2019 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Live and learn.
I lived through it.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join