It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2nd judge refuses to block House subpoenas for Trump bank records

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2019 @ 06:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme
Links please?

posted on May, 23 2019 @ 06:47 AM
link   
a reply to: thov420

Do none of you people own a TV?
Geezus.. get a second job.
It was all over the tv last night.
Since his failed infrastructure meeting yesterday morning.

He just told them I'm not working with you til you stop investigating me.

That alone is impeachable. He just quit his job.

posted on May, 23 2019 @ 06:50 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

honestly?

How is the constitution on his side?

He is under the oversight of the congress. That is the bottom line.
The judges have agreed.
The judges are going to continue to agree because they are not here to serve the president. They serve we the people.

posted on May, 23 2019 @ 06:51 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Yes they do.
They are doing it.

posted on May, 23 2019 @ 06:53 AM
link   
I have a TV but haven't watched cable in over a year. I have Netflix and Hulu.
I did hear about the failed meeting though, I'll have to check it out now.

It's Congress's job to pass legislation, Trump can only sign or veto it. It's up to Congress to actually do their job of legislating if they want things to change for we the people.

posted on May, 23 2019 @ 06:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Bloodworth

What are you going to say when the supreme court finds for the people too?

Because those guys are not trump lackeys and are not there to serve the president.

He is in for a surprise if he thinks just because they are conservative or just because he appointed them that they will just find in his favor. Thats not how the law works. Its not a loyalty thing.

posted on May, 23 2019 @ 07:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: DanDanDat

originally posted by: Lysergic
What crime are we looking for or is it just for the lulz?

Doubtful there's any crime to be found, however it is interesting trump is fighting to keep the records sealed, if he claims it may undermine his presidency it's fairly reasonable to assume he has something to hide.

Im sickend to hear thinking like this.

ethically/legally the worse I've done in my life is perhaps download pirated media off the internet. But I'd fight tooth and nail to keep my financial records sealed.... wouldn't everyone else?

Maybe in the age of Amazon Echo Devices people have come to believe their personal information is no longer their own; and are all to willing to disregard their rights.

Maybe this is how the events of Orwell's 1984 begins.

People have a right to know how the business man that is supposed to be successful actually is, if he is a failure I would imagine he's not the best person to run the country.

I don't care how sick you are of the cheques and balances, theyre there for a reason and your feelings aren't one of them.

No that's sick; the people have no right to rummaging though the personal effects of another citizen with out serious probable cause to believe a crime has been committed.

"Is he a good businessman" is no where near serious enough to brake one of the most important "checks and balances" our nation holds to protect its citizens.

Your right Congress has the right to investigate a president if they have probably cause to do so; and my feelings have nothing to do with it .... but neither do yours. Him being a bad business man is simply the most disgusting reason to invoke those tools. Not only is it sickening from a personal freedom perspective; it undermines those "checks and balances" by turning them into nothing but political weapons.

A "bad business man" can be president. Their are a few disqualifying characters that bar an individual from being president... being bad at business isn't one of them. Most of the presidents we have had in the past were not businessmen. On top of that you have had 2.5 years of direct demonstration in how effective President Trump is as president; you do not need to call for the infringement of personal freedom to decide if you approve of him or not.

I implore you for the sake of my children and grand children don't help to destroy the systems that we hold most dear just because you don't like the president... he is simply not worth it.

posted on May, 23 2019 @ 07:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Goodness sakes, the President doesn't have to speak to congress in order for them to do their jobs that they were elected to do. Which is to legislate and create the laws of our great nation for we the people.

They would get more respect, if they stopped jibber jabbering and actually get to work. If the President vetoes their bills, then they have something to show voters.

It seems they have gotten use to having the past President just create executive orders and tell them just to past laws without reading because he knew best.

posted on May, 23 2019 @ 07:09 AM
link   

I need a few more tears in my frosty mug, they are delicious!

posted on May, 23 2019 @ 07:09 AM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts
Even better is the lobbyists writing the laws and "having to pass them before we can read them." That seems to be the epitome of legislation recently.

posted on May, 23 2019 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat

Don't be ridiculous. Of course we have every right to know the back ground and motives and loyalties of the person running our country.
What the hell...
You would never hand that kind of power to a democrat.
Just stop for one second and think about what you are advocating.
Forget that its trump. Look at if objectively.

posted on May, 23 2019 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

Jesus wept.

They were there to have a meeting on infrastructure. Do you suppose they should have all gone in and just stared across the table at each other or you know.... talk?
Trump was not prepared. He never is. They asked him what his plan was for paying for the programs. He did not come up with one because infrastructure just isn't that important to conservatives.
What he did was put on a show then pretend that the press conference in the rose garden was impromptu. ( complete with posters and supporting materials lol)

They were ready with plans. Even plans for funding. He wasn't interested.
He wanted to act like a child and stamp his feet and say I am not playing with you guys.

They were ready with plans... he had do do to offer.
They are ready to continue investigating to get the answers the american people want. He thinks you cant do both.
Apparently some folks can walk and chew gun at the same time. Imagine that.

posted on May, 23 2019 @ 07:43 AM
link   

It's not about likes, I'm not comfortable with a shady businessman running the worlds most powerful nation.

posted on May, 23 2019 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Background, motives, and loyalties...That is a pretty good argument but I wouldn't limit it to the POTUS.
We should know the background, motives, and loyalties of every elected official. If Trump can be investigated for over 2 years, every other gov't employee should be held to that same standard. Every single US Congressperson, state congressperson, and all federally/state appointed positions. Lets lay it all on the table, nothing to hide right? Even their status as a private citizen before being elected/appointed shouldn't matter.

posted on May, 23 2019 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Don't be ridiculous. Of course we have every right to know the back ground and motives and loyalties of the person running our country.
What the hell...
You would never hand that kind of power to a democrat.
Just stop for one second and think about what you are advocating.
Forget that its trump. Look at if objectively.

I would never hand that power to a Democrat? You don't know me very well Sillyolme. I have no animus toward Democrats. My social opinions put me left of center. If the Democratic party leadership lived up to the ideals they profess I would be a proud party member. The only real support I give Donald Trump is in the hope that this turmoil forces enough real liberals to reexamine their tactics and evetualy abandon this dangerous way of thinking so that they can carry us into the future we all deserve.

My argument comes from my love in freedom not my support of Donald Trump. No one should have the power to rummage around the personal financial documents of another citizen unless their is serious probably cause to do so. Finding out what kinda of President Trump is or who he might be loyal to simply does not live up to that. Trump is a small part in our nation's history; he will be gone in a few years (maybe in one year) distorting our freedoms over such an insignificant player is a tragedy. I implore you "Forget that its trump. Look at if objectively" help save our future, stop helping to distroy it.

posted on May, 23 2019 @ 07:56 AM
link   

It's Congress's job to pass legislation, Trump can only sign or veto it. It's up to Congress to actually do their job of legislating if they want things to change for we the people.

They showed up for the party.

posted on May, 23 2019 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: jtma508
a reply to: [post=24384868]Arnie123

I must have been daydreaming in my civics class. Exactly what part of the Constitution gives Congress a mandate “to make sure some sleazy, carpet-bagging, a-hole doesn't become President and run rough-shod over the Country?” You may be absolutely right; I’m not as familiar with the Constitution as I should be.

posted on May, 23 2019 @ 08:04 AM
link   
There was a party? My invite must've gotten lost lol. Was it a party to discuss actual bills/legislation or just a meet n greet with alcohol? I'd be down for either. lol

posted on May, 23 2019 @ 08:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat

originally posted by: Lysergic
What crime are we looking for or is it just for the lulz?

Doubtful there's any crime to be found, however it is interesting trump is fighting to keep the records sealed, if he claims it may undermine his presidency it's fairly reasonable to assume he has something to hide.

Im sickend to hear thinking like this.

ethically/legally the worse I've done in my life is perhaps download pirated media off the internet. But I'd fight tooth and nail to keep my financial records sealed.... wouldn't everyone else?

Maybe in the age of Amazon Echo Devices people have come to believe their personal information is no longer their own; and are all to willing to disregard their rights.

Maybe this is how the events of Orwell's 1984 begins.

People have a right to know how the business man that is supposed to be successful actually is, if he is a failure I would imagine he's not the best person to run the country.

I don't care how sick you are of the cheques and balances, theyre there for a reason and your feelings aren't one of them.

Is this “right” specified in the Constitution? Could you point me to the relevant amendment? Seriously, I’m shamefully ignorant of the Constitution and would like to know if there’s any legal basis to these subpoenas.

posted on May, 23 2019 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Congress holds the purse strings. If they have an actual plan for infrastructure, then why not simply do their jobs and start making it happen. They should be speaking to their fellow congressmen not the president. Especially since it will have to go through them and the Senate before it even reaches the President.

The President addressed them in the house earlier this year and told him what he was hoping to see. He already gave direction, now they are supposed to follow through. Why is this so difficult for the democrats to understand? We're they not really listening to the Presidential address? That would be on them, not him.

Time to stop wasting time and our tax money and get to work!

Edit add: I may not agree with everything that Trump and republicans are passing, but they at least our putting forward an effort to do the job their voters elected them to do and what they said they wanted to accomplish.

edit on 5 23 2019 by CynConcepts because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join