It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2nd judge refuses to block House subpoenas for Trump bank records

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2019 @ 04:51 AM
link   
a reply to: thov420

Smoke and mirrors, the ruling class simply are not accountable.

posted on May, 23 2019 @ 04:55 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

I agree, but you do not make them accountable by breaking the law. You hold them to the same law as everyone else.

posted on May, 23 2019 @ 04:59 AM
link   

I agree with your sentiment, but they are accountable if we hold them accountable. We the people are the only ones who can hold them accountable, because they're not going to criminalize themselves. Unfortunately, most people have no interest or don't care when it comes to politics. If our team wins, we win. If our team loses, something has gone wrong. We have always outnumbered the "rulers".

posted on May, 23 2019 @ 04:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

No, they do not have that right.

So do we the people have any rights at all, the fact that you are so willing to follow so blindly shows me your opinion is not really one that matters.

At this point you're a sheep telling all the other sheep to stay in line and Shutup...

Of course we have rights, that is exactly why you can't violate Trump's rights. When you take away his, you take away ours. The fact you think I am following anyone is hilarious, it is YOU who is blindly following, cheering on the erosion of US rights because #OrangeManBad.
edit on 23-5-2019 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2019 @ 05:01 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Tell you what, the day the ruling class are held accountable to the same standard as us plebs are I would agree, until then we can just keep going round in circles I guess.

Perhaps you could teach me how to kiss ass and look like I enjoy it.
edit on 23-5-2019 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2019 @ 05:03 AM
link   

The French Revolution comes to mind.

posted on May, 23 2019 @ 05:10 AM
link   

I'm not sure the ruling class back then had access to such affective mind altering drugs they have today, otherwise I would agree.

posted on May, 23 2019 @ 05:15 AM
link   

I think Silly would be the best to teach that. The second you take away rights to get Trump, you have taken away your rights, and given the ruling class more power, all because of your hatred of Trump.

posted on May, 23 2019 @ 05:19 AM
link   

I think Silly would be the best to teach that. The second you take away rights to get Trump, you have taken away your rights, and given the ruling class more power, all because of your hatred of Trump.

Oh I see, you think trump motivates my thought process, that would be another mistaken assumption of yours. Not much came out of this movie other than this saying " assumption is the mother of all #ups ".

posted on May, 23 2019 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Effective* Sorry had to correct this, grammar Nazi.

I tend to agree, but I would argue the angst is still there, it's just misplaced. US congressional approval is as low as it's ever been. They need to start listening or events like electing Trump are just going to accelerate.

posted on May, 23 2019 @ 05:22 AM
link   

There is no other reason to cheer for the violation of someone's rights.

posted on May, 23 2019 @ 05:31 AM
link   

all good, I have my own eccentricities.

Misplaced, yes you're onto it, a better description indeed . It's already accelerating, it's gaining ground across the western world, we're heading for conflict. A bit off topic but I blame GM crops, food enhancers (E600 I'm looking at you) colours etc etc, the list goes on and on. It's just not possible to reason with unreasonable.

posted on May, 23 2019 @ 05:43 AM
link   

There is no other reason to cheer for the violation of someone's rights.

Oh right, so let me get this straight, you are accusing me of cheering on the violation of someone's rights, I would argue no I haven't and never would as these rights are important, but perhaps I've confused myself and you can show me where I messed up.

posted on May, 23 2019 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Maybe you should go read the Constitution some more. First, Congress has no power to investigate anyone for criminal activity. Second, you can not investigate a person in the hopes of finding a crime. You can not say Trump MAY have committed A crime, so we are going to investigate his whole life to see if he has. Third, Congress can not request information for investigational reasons unless there is a legislative reason. Fourth, the Constitution clearly spells out the requirements for running for President, taxes isn't on there.

It is not your right as a citizen to violate others' rights. It is your right to not vote for someone.

posted on May, 23 2019 @ 06:25 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

You assume I've read the constitution and I base my views upon them, sorry but no, my views are not quite that narrow.

posted on May, 23 2019 @ 06:33 AM
link   

What did the White Water real estate deal have to do with the running of the country? Nothing but it was still used as a road to impeachment against Bill Clinton.

posted on May, 23 2019 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Well I for one have never filed bankruptcy nor have I ever been denied a loan.

And I actually pay my loans back.

posted on May, 23 2019 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Yesterday he told us he simply is going on strike. Not working until they stop investigating him.

I heard at one point he actually took a deep breath prepared to hold it until they gave in then opted for stamping his feet on the floor instead.

posted on May, 23 2019 @ 06:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme
Honestly, I had never heard about White water until this thread and a few others recently.

Neither Bill Clinton nor Hillary Clinton were ever prosecuted, after three separate inquiries found insufficient evidence linking them with the criminal conduct of others related to the land deal.

Sounds like the current case against Trump. No evidence has linked Trump to the criminal conduct of others related. Tit for tat.

posted on May, 23 2019 @ 06:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Well I for one have never filed bankruptcy nor have I ever been denied a loan.

And I actually pay my loans back.

Apparently that's not a requirement for the presidency.

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join