It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2nd judge refuses to block House subpoenas for Trump bank records

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Let's assume he was found guilty. What do you really expect to happen? He'll still be president. He might have to pay a fine. Who really gives a sh!t?

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: jtma508

Sorry, it doesn't. If people want to elect an a-hole they can. Congress literally can not investigate crimes.

Because Congress’s authority to investigate is tied to its authority to legislate, limits on congressional investigations are necessarily linked to the limits on Congress’s constitutional authority. For example, Congress has no general authority to investigate the purely private affair of an ordinary citizen.

www.mololamken.com...

But it is important to keep congressional investigatory ends separate from executive investigatory ends: congressional investigations can bring information into the public and can lead to legislation or other action, but do not result in criminal punishment.

www.lawfareblog.com...

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

If he is a guy terrible with money bailed out by trust funds and crooked deals then people have a right to know he is faking it

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: sine.nomine

It's about votes and embarrassment with lies and liberal media's help.

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 05:21 PM
link   

New York is moving to change a law so that the statute of limitations does not run out for sitting presidents.

Congress is also looking to enact such a law.
www.politico.com...

Rep. Eric Swalwell said Tuesday that lawmakers are working on legislation to extend the statute of limitations for crimes committed by presidents, allowing them to be charged once their terms end.

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: sine.nomine
Let's assume he was found guilty. What do you really expect to happen? He'll still be president. He might have to pay a fine. Who really gives a sh!t?

Seems swampy to me.

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier

No, actually they don't. He has the same rights as the rest of us. Nadler and Pelosi are not asking for themselves to be investigated, if we have that right, why not them too?

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: jtma508
a reply to: Arnie123

No, genius, he can't hide 'anything he damn well pleases'. Congress has a Constitutional mandate to provide oversight to make sure some sleazy, carpet-bagging, a-hole doesn't become President and run rough-shod over the Country. You were taught that in grade-school civics class. I know you folks and Trump find it inconvenient but it is the Constitution that you all SAY you hold so dear at work. Live with it. If Trump is clean that will come out and you can call the Democrats all kinds of creative, pejorative names while screaming 'we told you so' at the top of your lungs. You will have earned it.

Sorry, you had your shot with #Mueller time, you blew it.

Nothing, zinch, nada.

Now, y'all are crying and whining about being stonewalled after all those millions of dollars? Grow up and get over it.

You realize y'all haven't pushed any meaningful legislation and the POTUS is on twitter daily pushing goals and achievements.

Continue to look silly and petty, like Trump said, once you're done CRYING, call me and we can GET BACK TO WORK.

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: LDragonFire

originally posted by: Lysergic
What crime are we looking for or is it just for the lulz?

There is testimony before congress of alleged crimes committed by Trump, congress is investigating these crimes.

It's a shame that Mueller guy was so damn inept. Perhaps if he had a bit more time and a few more lawyers........

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: LDragonFire

So the IRS can't find that?

So what form is that for reporting money you have laundered for a foreign enemy of the state?

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Let me rephrase we should have the right to know what all higher office officials taxes look like. You are correct about Pelosi.

It's very important the higher and more influence the chain goes. Let's deal with the speaking tours after office as well for at least the presidents.

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

New York is moving to change a law so that the statute of limitations does not run out for sitting presidents.

Congress is also looking to enact such a law.
www.politico.com...

Rep. Eric Swalwell said Tuesday that lawmakers are working on legislation to extend the statute of limitations for crimes committed by presidents, allowing them to be charged once their terms end.

Damn would that make me smile to see Obama caught in a trump trap. I believe I would blow a funny fuse. Nothing would be funny enough anymore. I'm torn, do I want it, or not?

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 05:29 PM
link   
If only trump had kept his word to the public and released his tax returns like he said he would then there wouldn't be any problem. I don't think they will find anything worth while in the records but he gets no sympathy from me because of his lies.

link   

originally posted by: LDragonFire

Money laundering, bank fraud, tax evasion.

That's mainly a Progressive behavior.
Im a centrist and that's what I see

Lets wait for a judgment by the Supreme court.
Ill accept their decision gladly.
Democrats need to be sued for unfounded harassment of a US President. Obama and Clinton need to be investigated and then arrested. Fined and imprisoned. For life.

link   
All I'm saying is that this is a crap shoot by the left. Hell, even Obama was found guilty of misappropriating campaign contributions. What happened? A relatively small fine. Who cares? Get over it, Trump is president. Americans are exhausted by this obsessive hunt to oust the president. This behavior is beyond unbecoming. You're not doing yourselves any favors.

Let's say Trump is guilty then. He didn't do it in office. He'll buy his way out like any suit would. Who cares? Honestly. What do you really expect from this?

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Doubtful there's any crime to be found, however it is interesting trump is fighting to keep the records sealed, if he claims it may undermine his presidency it's fairly reasonable to assume he has something to hide.

Remember that time that ALL of Obama's records were sealed?

I wonder what was being hidden.

I know, I know, I'm a racist xenophobeic conspiracy theorist birther nazi etc for wondering that and finding it interesting.

edit on 22-5-2019 by Wardaddy454 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 05:35 PM
link   

That is certainly true. I suspect on a conspiracy theory level on my part trump is far more concerned people will find out he has been less than honest about how good he has been with business decisions and methods he used to walk away from debt. Then relied on trust funds and bankers to bail him out.

We would then have some concern he owes major favors (like 7/8ths) of D.C.

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Doubtful there's any crime to be found, however it is interesting trump is fighting to keep the records sealed, if he claims it may undermine his presidency it's fairly reasonable to assume he has something to hide.

Remember that time that ALL of Obama's records were sealed?

I wonder what was being hidden.

I know, I know, I'm a racist xenophobeic conspiracy theorist birther nazi etc for wondering that and finding it interesting.

I remember when people believed that.

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Honestly.... part of congresses duty is to make sure the president doesnt break the law. Or over step the boundaries of his office which would be hard because his power is pretty vast. But there are boundaries.

Every day we are inching closer and closer to impeachment.
What are you going to be saying when that kind of investigation is over his head?
Just an inquiry will be more intrusive than anything he has faced so far.

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Pure fishing expedition, is he hiding something possibly... also possibly most people without experience with his amount of money being used it will do nothing other than appear to be something possibly bad.

Either thing is possible.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join