It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2nd judge refuses to block House subpoenas for Trump bank records

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2019 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Its a requirement for employment in many many venues lol.

posted on May, 23 2019 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

I think Trump wants to make sure they continue to investigate until the next election. The reason I day this is he is trying to slow down the process.

He knows hes safe because Mueller had all ready gone through his financials looking for collusion. If there was something illegal there I know he would have found it. So Trump could easily comply and get it over with. However I suspect he wants them to continue investigated so he can use it to remove Democrats from the house majority.

posted on May, 23 2019 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

originally posted by: Lysergic
What crime are we looking for or is it just for the lulz?

Tax evasion.

Congress literally can not investigate tax evasion.

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 01:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

originally posted by: chr0naut

Tax evasion.

Congress literally can not investigate tax evasion.

Congres sional Powers of Investigation

Congress is supposed, Constitutionally, to be as powerful as the President, or as powerful as the Judiciary.

They are all supposed to check and balance each other - evenly in power.

Some people in the US seem to think it should be a dictatorship under the President. I hope that never happens.

The President is just the top public servant. If the President does wrong under the law, they should be dealt with under the common law. The same law for everyone. The equal protection clause of the 14th amendment. And the due process clause of the 5th amendment.

The DOJ cannot indict a sitting President, so something's obviously wrong with US jurisprudence.

edit on 24/5/2019 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 04:06 AM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Wow you got this completely backwards. Criminal charges against a president would "violate the constitutional separation of powers" Simply put The indictment or criminal prosecution of a sitting President would unconstitutionally undermine the capacity of the executive branch to perform its duties.

The checks you want are in the fact that Congress has the power to remove him from office. This removes the executive protection.Your version would give Congress all the power

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 04:27 AM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFire

It seems really obvious to me he is just trying ti set a precedent.

Eventually he will be forced by law to release his squeeky clean records then he will use that precedent to go after all the Dems financials and we know they are all shady AF.

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 08:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
He is under the oversight of the congress. That is the bottom line.

ummmm... no. He isn't.

If you really believe that, by all means, point to the clause in the Constitution that delegates this power to Congress.

The judges have agreed.

Yeah, radical leftist judges who have likely lever even read the Constitution.

[quoteThe judges are going to continue to agree because they are not here to serve the president. They serve we the people.
Well, at least you are consistent in your delusions.

As Nancy said, I'll pray for you, oh Silly one...

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 08:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: PraetorianAZ

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Doubtful there's any crime to be found, however it is interesting trump is fighting to keep the records sealed, if he claims it may undermine his presidency it's fairly reasonable to assume he has something to hide.

So because I don't want my personal info looked into I must be shady? I guess privacy = crime these days.

You are not in charge of the nuclear codes.. therein lies a big difference.

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Don't be ridiculous. Of course we have every right to know the back ground and motives and loyalties of the person running our country.

Really? You mean over and above what is known from their observable history, or what they are willing to tell us or what their 'required by law for elected officials' financial disclosure forms reveal?

Do tell. Where is this hitherto unknown requirements found, either in the Constitution, or federal law?

What the hell...
You would never hand that kind of power to a democrat.

Wow, you've already forgotten about Obama... such a short memory oh Silly one.

Just stop for one second and think about what you are advocating.
Forget that its trump. Look at if objectively.

The most hilarious thing about this statement of yours is, you seem to forget just how badly you democrats keep shooting yourselves in the foot, creating new restrictions or rules surrounding governmental processes in an attempt at sticking it to the other side, then having those very same changes come back and whop you upside the head.

Remember, oh Silly one, the new precedents being laid during Trumps first years of his administration will be equally applicable to the next democrat to be elected - if the democrat party even survives the next six months of Trumps Presidency, let alone the next six years.
edit on 24-5-2019 by tanstaafl because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

Doubtful there's any crime to be found, however it is interesting trump is fighting to keep the records sealed, if he claims it may undermine his presidency it's fairly reasonable to assume he has something to hide.

Remember that time that ALL of Obama's records were sealed?

I wonder what was being hidden.

I know, I know, I'm a racist xenophobeic conspiracy theorist birther nazi etc for wondering that and finding it interesting.

What records were sealed exactly?

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: DoubleDNH

Wasn't sure what was meant either. The best I could find:

WASHINGTON -- The Obama administration in its final year in office spent a record $36.2 million on legal costs defending its refusal to turn over federal records under the Freedom of Information Act, according to an Associated Press analysis of new U.S. data that also showed poor performance in other categories measuring transparency in government.

For a second consecutive year, the Obama administration set a record for times federal employees told citizens, journalists and others that despite searching they couldn’t find a single page of files that were requested.

And it set records for outright denial of access to files, refusing to quickly consider requests described as especially newsworthy, and forcing people to pay for records who had asked the government to waive search and copy fees.

www.cbsnews.com...

Couldnt find anything about sealed records other than a snoops talking about some Meme
edit on 24-5-2019 by DanDanDat because: Fixed link

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 08:32 AM
link   

They were there to have a meeting on infrastructure.

No they weren't. If that was true, crazy Nancy wouldn't have gone on national TV an hour before the meeting with more ridiculously unsubstantiated accusations of criminal conspiracy.

Trump was not prepared.

Actually, he was extremely well prepared for what happened. He told them to kiss his ass. It was glorious.

They were ready with plans... he had do do to offer.

Yeah. Uh-huh. Plans that included Medicare and free College tuition for all, all paid for by a mysterious entity known only as 'the rich'.

They are ready to continue investigating to get the answers the american people want.

A tiny minority of butt hurt radical leftist petty-tyrant-wanna-be american people, maybe.

The rest of us are sick and tired of it, and applaud Trump for first exhibiting extreme patience and giving the SC all the time he required and all the cooperation he could (with one minor exception - testifying personally, which no one in their right mind should ever do if they don't have to), then telling them to kiss his ass when they refuse to accept the results of a grand total of 4 separate investigations - a 9 month long FBI investigation started before the election, a House and a Senate investigation, and finally the 2 year long SC investigation (supported by 40 FBI agents and 19 democrat lawyers, all of whom hated Trump with a passion).

He thinks you cant do both.
Apparently some folks can walk and chew gun at the same time. Imagine that.

I saw that! Do you all get paid for every time you work in the assigned talking point of the day?

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 08:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: DoubleDNH

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

Remember that time that ALL of Obama's records were sealed?

I wonder what was being hidden.

I know, I know, I'm a racist xenophobeic conspiracy theorist birther nazi etc for wondering that and finding it interesting.

What records were sealed exactly?

I think he means Obama sealed all his educational records, don't know or care.

Obama was investigated by congress for almost the entire 8 years he was in office. Fast n furious, Benghazi,Solyndra, Irs targeting. There is a good graph at this Link

It was ok for Congress to investigate Obama, but not Trump?

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 08:42 AM
link   
So at the end of the day we don't have an infrastructure plan. Our bridges and tunnels continue to crumble; and we're worried about which party is "more" to blame for scuttling the talks.

I guess I finally know what its must have felt like when the DACA kids were left to twist in the wind by our government.

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: LDragonFire
Obama was investigated by congress for almost the entire 8 years he was in office. Fast n furious, Benghazi,Solyndra, Irs targeting. There is a good graph at this Link

The one big difference is, Obama was being investigated for very real scandals - wait, I though Obama's administration was scandal free? You've gone and done it now.

One of those scandals resulted in the brutal torture/rape/murder of 4 people, including an American Ambassador, the first to die in the line of duty since 1979. (I know, it is Snopes, but there is enough real evidence that even it doesn't say the claim is false).

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 08:52 AM
link   

a reply to: DanDanDat

It's not about likes, I'm not comfortable with a shady businessman running the worlds most powerful nation.

As opposed to a shady con artist 'community organizer' with zero - repeat, zero business or political skills, with the exception of being a pretty decent teleprompter reader?

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: CynConcepts
Congress holds the purse strings. If they have an actual plan for infrastructure, then why not simply do their jobs and start making it happen.

Exactly this. Silly said Trump was putting on a show. Sorry, that was all Pelosi and Schumer.

The dems don't need anything from Trump to pass any bill they want on Infrastructure. They have the votes to do it today.

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat
What makes it worse is that the Left isn't just doing the exact same thing the right did during Obama.

Ummm... sorry, what the right did to Obama isn't even in the same galaxy as what the left has been and continues to do to Trump.

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

originally posted by: LDragonFire

The one big difference is, Obama was being investigated for very real scandals - wait, I though Obama's administration was scandal free? You've gone and done it now.

One of those scandals resulted in the brutal torture/rape/murder of 4 people, including an American Ambassador, the first to die in the line of duty since 1979. (I know, it is Snopes, but there is enough real evidence that even it doesn't say the claim is false).

Trump isn't being investigated for real scandals, based on your political partisanship?
link

edit on 24-5-2019 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-5-2019 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: luthier
a reply to: tanstaafl

No telling how much debt trump can run up with a full house!

Spending (especially military) is one area I have disagreements with Trump.

I'm all for a strong military, but we really need to tighten it up too. I'm a Ron Paul guy - pull all of our troops in foreign soil back home.

I'll be curious to see if he is willing to take that (the debt monster) on.

One interesting solution that was championed by Bo Gritz (Populist Party Presidential candidate in 1992)...

Pay off all of the debt with a single coin, minted by the U.S. Mint for that sole purpose. Coins, you see, do not have to be borrowed into circulation, like FRNs do.

Probably would start WWIII though...

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join