It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2nd judge refuses to block House subpoenas for Trump bank records

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 04:21 PM
link   

New York (CNN)A second federal judge has now rebuffed President Donald Trump's sweeping attempt to block House lawmakers from accessing his financial records, handing him another defeat in a fight that has infuriated the President and opened deep rifts with Democrats.

Judge Edgardo Ramos in New York on Wednesday refused to block subpoenas from the House of Representatives for Trump's financial records from Deutsche Bank and Capital One. It's the second such ruling against the President in three days.

Earlier Wednesday, Trump lashed out at Democrats for what he claimed were attempts to harass and undermine his presidency, declaring during an irate appearance in the Rose Garden he could no longer work with them as they proceed in their investigations.

CNN

For the second time in three days US judges have ruled against Trump for House Subpoenas for his bank records. Again the checks and balances of our Constitution on full display. What is Trump trying to hide from us?

edit on 22-5-2019 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-5-2019 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-5-2019 by LDragonFire because: video not working

+21 more 
posted on May, 22 2019 @ 04:25 PM
link   
What crime are we looking for or is it just for the lulz?

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic

Doubtful there's any crime to be found, however it is interesting trump is fighting to keep the records sealed, if he claims it may undermine his presidency it's fairly reasonable to assume he has something to hide.

+26 more 
posted on May, 22 2019 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Doubtful there's any crime to be found, however it is interesting trump is fighting to keep the records sealed, if he claims it may undermine his presidency it's fairly reasonable to assume he has something to hide.

So because I don't want my personal info looked into I must be shady? I guess privacy = crime these days.

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 04:35 PM
link   

There is testimony before congress of alleged crimes committed by Trump, congress is investigating these crimes.

+7 more 
posted on May, 22 2019 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Same was said about Mueller investigation.

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Well in this case this very bank has flagged the accounts of both trump and kushner for suspicion of money laundering as identified by their anti money laundering software. Five Deutsche Bank empoyees flagged accounts of several trump ventures including the now dissolved trump foundation and businesses of his son in law Jared Kushner.

In an even deeper conspiracy... the bank management declined to bring the activity to the attention of the United States Department of Treasury.

And I'll offer as background Deutsche Bank has already been sighted and sanctioned for this same kind of activity in the past.

No wonder trump is so cranky today.

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: PraetorianAZ

So because I don't want my personal info looked into I must be shady? I guess privacy = crime these days.

May not be the most transparent presidency ever, like he claims. I remember a president having to show his birth certificate, Trump was part of that. Turn about is fair play is it not?

+10 more 
posted on May, 22 2019 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFire

I agree, show that birth certificate.

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 04:55 PM
link   

What did he say?
"I don't do cover-up, as you well know."

I said he meant to say
"I don't do cover-up well, as you know."

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Money laundering, bank fraud, tax evasion.

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I said the other day that if the trump team didn't change their argument they were going to lose this one just like the other.
I wonder if they offered anything new.
These two suits were brought in tandem.

This ruling along with the memo from the IRS pretty much guarantees that trump has lost this battle.

+18 more 
posted on May, 22 2019 @ 05:01 PM
link   
And all will be appealed.

You say, "What does he have to hide?"

Whatever he damn well desires, furthermore, a multi million dollar investigation found nothing.

Trump is simplying saying, NO MORE and will use available assets to stop further PRESIDENTIAL HARRASSMENT.

Truth is, Trump knows there isn't anything in them, but to see how you people react and go about it is all cannon fodder for him.

The American people are sick of this and no majority support impeachment anyways.

I hope he stonewalls you all straight to hell as he wins the house and further strengthens a conservative senate.

+8 more 
posted on May, 22 2019 @ 05:05 PM
link   

So the IRS can't find that?

+7 more 
posted on May, 22 2019 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: LDragonFire

May not be the most transparent presidency ever, like he claims. I remember a president having to show his birth certificate, Trump was part of that. Turn about is fair play is it not?

Turn around is not fair play when you're dealing with the criminal justice system. A president has to be a natural born citizen in order to run/hold office. Therefore I can see why a birth certificate is important to an election and sitting president.

But bank accounts? Sounds like a fishing trip to me.

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Great, the cry baby loses again. A case a child could understand.

Amazing the hypocrites defending Trumps attempt to circumvent the constitution. Make himself above the law. If it were Obama or Hillary who is doing what Trump did, they would have a fit and howl like hyenas.

HYPOCRITES!

For once TRY to be honest with yourselves

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

No, genius, he can't hide 'anything he damn well pleases'. Congress has a Constitutional mandate to provide oversight to make sure some sleazy, carpet-bagging, a-hole doesn't become President and run rough-shod over the Country. You were taught that in grade-school civics class. I know you folks and Trump find it inconvenient but it is the Constitution that you all SAY you hold so dear at work. Live with it. If Trump is clean that will come out and you can call the Democrats all kinds of creative, pejorative names while screaming 'we told you so' at the top of your lungs. You will have earned it.

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Probably the fact he isn't as rich as he claims and has had several real disasters he was bailed out of by banks from buying too many leveraged properties.

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: PraetorianAZ

I disagree, it is fair play. Trump needs to release his birth certificate.

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: LDragonFire

Turn around is not fair play when you're dealing with the criminal justice system. A president has to be a natural born citizen in order to run/hold office. Therefore I can see why a birth certificate is important to an election and sitting president.

But bank accounts? Sounds like a fishing trip to me.

More like a catching trip if you ask me.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join