It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gillibrand's "Family Bill of Rights"...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonlover12
a reply to: stormson

I really have a problem with her ideas that personal responsibility should not be a "good thing " any more.
I had my children ( no state hand outs) , took my unpaid maternity leave, and went back to work when the kids were 6 weeks old to provide insurance and all their necessities. Paid for child care out of my wages. My children were my responsibility, not the taxpayers.

If you can`t even pay for basic supplies to care for your children, don`t get pregnant. Pregnancy is a choice, and not the taxpayers responsibility.

I don`t know why that is so hard to understand really.

Bravo.

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Sorry, I said exactly the opposite. Responsibility for an action usually does not involve killing someone else to make your life easier.

The unborn child IS IN HER BODY which means HER BODY HER RESPONSIBILITY and it is her, who must live with the consequences.

You pro-life guys already say it is for the child but then stop giving a crap about these children when it they need help.
edit on 22-5-2019 by G0DK1LL3R because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket
so, how does one pay for these?

We really need to go back 100 years so people can reaquaint themselves with reality.

I mean seriously, who is doing the paying when your not at work caring for a dying parent?

I just went through it and I certainly didnt, nor did I expect to be paid.

Simple - stop the wars and the military budget.

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: G0DK1LL3R

Won't speak for anyone else, but really, I'm against people killing unborn human beings.

I can't understand why some are for it.

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: G0DK1LL3R

You pro-life guys already say it is for the child but then stop giving a crap about these children when it they need help.

Why not spend money on helping them instead of spending money building clinics so you can kill them?

edit on 22-5-2019 by DBCowboy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Yes, she will live, after the unborn baby is dead. Why stop at birth.

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Won't speak for anyone else, but really, I'm against people killing unborn human beings.

I can't understand why some are for it.

Here is the thing I am pro life but I am also pro choice. I can not personally be with someone who has an abortion, unless of course the reason was life threatening to herself but even then, I might have a problem with the abortion.

I am also for a woman, hell anyone, choosing what to do with their bodies even if I hate their choice. I think a man is a man but will support him if he chooses to identify as a woman even if biologically they are wrong. Not my problem and I don't have to live with consequences.

You people always assume if we are pro choice, then we are for abortion but you would be wrong 8 out 10 times, we just believe it is her life and body and none of our concern.

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Can ask you the same thing, why stop your crusade at birth? Why not continue advocating for social programs that help unwanted children and poor children?

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: stormson

And then there is this:

A Beacon of Hope: Nevada's Women Lawmakers Pass Abortion Rights Bill

www.commondreams.org...

On a day when most of the country was protesting a move back to the dark ages for women's reproductive rights, Nevada became "the only state that had something to celebrate" by passing Senate Bill 179, also known as the #Trust Nevada Women Act, which decriminalizes abortion and removes several decades-old restrictions on it.

The bill passed 27 to 13 in what since the mid-terms has been the country's first majority-female legislature -

in contrast, say, to Alabama, where men just banned abortion and women not coincidentally make up just 15% of lawmakers.

In Nevada, observers say, the state's old, white, sexist, brothel-owning, sexual-harassing guard are dying off, and increasingly yielding power to more young, racially diverse, Democratic women who once believed "politicians aren't us" and then learned otherwise, in part thanks to newly galvanized political action groups recruiting and training women.

Go Team Chalice.

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Can ask you the same thing, why stop your crusade at birth? Why not continue advocating for social programs that help unwanted children and poor children?

I advocate for parental responsibility to 18. No idea what you mean.

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 04:08 PM
link   

I advocate for parental responsibility to 18. No idea what you mean.

Yeh thats what I figured. *eye roll*

You cry "what about the baby" in order to manipulate people. Then turn around and whisper "screw unwanted and poor children" not my problem, even though I forced the mother to have it.

Once I forced this unwanted birth, the child is no longer my problem even though it may live in poverty, even though it may be given up and live in state care until (and even if) it is adopted.

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 04:13 PM
link   

And you think poor babies are better off dead, why stop at babies. Let's kill all poor and unwanted people.

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 04:19 PM
link   

You people always assume if we are pro choice, then we are for abortion but you would be wrong 8 out 10 times, we just believe it is her life and body and none of our concern.

So you're against killing unborn human beings, but are okay if others do it.

And. . . ummm. . . the illogical argument that if a person is against killing of unborn human beings immediately obligates them to take care of them, actually is the most fallacious statement that it's a wonder why people keep using it.
edit on 22-5-2019 by DBCowboy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I'm also against stabbing hookers.

But this does not immediately obligate me to take in all hookers.

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 04:23 PM
link   

And. . . ummm. . . the illogical argument that if a person is against killing of unborn human beings immediately obligates them to take care of them, actually is the most fallacious statement that it's a wonder why people keep using it.

Not what I saying but Yeh that should be a prerequisite, if you are going out of your way to stop an abortion while crying it is about the unborn child, then you must also sign something stating you are open to having your tax dollars to help the woman support the child in some way.

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Not what I saying but Yeh that should be a prerequisite, if you are going out of your way to stop an abortion while crying it is about the unborn child, then you must also sign something stating you are open to having your tax dollars to help the woman support the child in some way.

No. that is stupid and makes no sense.

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 04:27 PM
link   

If you think the homeless can't be killed I want you to sign something stating you will pay for them.

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 04:30 PM
link   

So tell me why does this life mean less to you guys when it is born? You guys are so gung ho to save its life but that same life stops being your problem once it is born.

You guys don't care what happens to the UNWANTED child once it is born. Don't care about the circumstances as to why abortion became a choice for the woman, do not care how that child will, if it is in a loving home, if it is fed, if it has access to healthcare...etc

Your war cry is "this unborn baby deserves life but we don't care what kind of life just that it is born" and once it is unborn "not my problem"

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 04:31 PM
link   

This is a way the pro-abortion crowd tries to silence the anti-abortion crowd.

And it defies logic.

I'm against stabbing monkeys as well.

Should I be forced to spend money on monkey cages?

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 04:35 PM
link   

So tell me why does this life mean less to you guys when it is born? You guys are so gung ho to save its life but that same life stops being your problem once it is born.

It was never our responsibility to begin with. I just think killing innocent unborn humans is wrong. And you can't stop me from saying that.

You guys don't care what happens to the UNWANTED child once it is born. Don't care about the circumstances as to why abortion became a choice for the woman, do not care how that child will, if it is in a loving home, if it is fed, if it has access to healthcare...etc

Bullspit. Coming from someone who's solution is to "kill them", your attempt at moral high ground fails.

Your war cry is "this unborn baby deserves life but we don't care what kind of life just that it is born" and once it is unborn "not my problem"

And you want to kill them to "save" them.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join