It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5G Networks Could Throw Weather Forecasting Into Chaos

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 02:21 PM
link   
hello everyone, on my computer every time i open a new tab i get 3 news articals that pop up, most of it is just feminist bs but sometimes its something good like this.

If you had a choice between a better, faster cell phone signal and an accurate weather forecast, which would you pick? That’s the question facing federal officials as they decide whether to auction off more of the wireless spectrum or heed meteorologists who say that such a move could throw US weather forecasting into chaos.

NOAA’s acting chief, Neil Jacobs, said that interference from 5G wireless phones could reduce the accuracy of forecasts by 30 percent. That's equivalent, he said, to the quality of weather predictions four decades ago.

some of you may be asking how can this be? well the quick quote is

says that while the FCC can switch which regions of the spectrum it allocates to phone companies, forecasters are stuck. That’s because water vapor emits a faint signal in the atmosphere at a frequency (23.8 GHz) that is extremely close to the one sold for next-generation 5G wireless communications (24 GHz).

Click Here for a link to the article which i highly recommend you all read it because its not that long.

what are your thoughts on this matter? im torn on the subject on one hand accurate weather forcasts save life but we shouldnt give up on the 5g network, im not sure what i would do to fix this.

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Sounds like more BS fear mongering to me.

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: theboarman

Since pretty much all weather forecasts are complete sh*t where is the problem exactly?

Meteorologist has to be one of the only jobs you can completely suck at and not get fired.

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 04:22 PM
link   
You'd think someone would have caught this way before any money actually changed hands (oh wait, I'm guessing a number of DC critters did get some money for this).

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 04:39 PM
link   
The trees don't like 5G
Looks like it is severely damaging trees

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: DoctorBluechip

do you have any proof of this claim?

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 05:03 PM
link   

I'd rather have an accurate forecast than a faster phone. 4G is fast enough in my opinion. Who needs to spend all day watching films on their phone anyway? losers who can't read?

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 05:21 PM
link   
This is a temporary issue and can be resolved by mid-air signal attenuation.

Meteorological sensors can be made to compensate for the change. Masking out known 24GHz signal source areas.

The same type of technology used for active noise cancellation can be applied to other wave forms.

NOAA needs to use this as an opportunity to accumulate funding for the necessary technological adjustments. They could update their equipment with newer tech and resolve this issue at the same time. It's an opportunity, not a hindrance.

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Eff the weatherman they aren’t usually right anymore at least in my area, the weather app on iPhone is almost always wrong, matter of fact it’s telling me it’s raining outside right now and it’s sunny with a few clouds.

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Although I would agree that 5g will be implemented as surveillance and soft kill under the promise of faster more connected internet, weren't the weather forecast better and more accurate 40 years ago before the massive chem trailing?

Cheers - Dave

posted on May, 23 2019 @ 07:43 AM
link   

This could easily be disinformation from the meteorologist union.

This will allow weathermen to party more without fear of getting the weather wrong.

4d chess.

posted on May, 23 2019 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Can anyone please tell me why there is pressure to stop 5G and who stands to benefit from its demise? I've been hearing a lot of negative things about it.

new topics

top topics

join