It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Alien 40th Anniversary short films

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 05:44 AM
link   
What a cool idea.
To celebrate the 40th anniversary of the original Alien film,
a series of short films were released by Fox.

There are 6 in total, each around the 10-minute mark.
Each story is different, with a different cast, taking place in the Alien universe.

You can watch them in any order as they are all independent of each other.

Enjoy!

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 05:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

Great find!

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Awesome find thanks will watch those tonight.

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 06:28 AM
link   

You can watch them in any order

Are you sure ???

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Tidy darts. No Sigourney in her skimpies but you can't have it all

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 07:45 AM
link   
In the short titled Alien: Alone.
James Paxton becomes the Xenomorph.

James is Bill Paxton's son. Bill played Pvt. Hudson in Aliens.

edit on 22-5-2019 by Macenroe82 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 09:19 AM
link   
40 years?

Man that just hit me like a ton of bricks...I cannot believe it's been that long. Will have to check out the shorts, good find

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 10:13 AM
link   

I always liked the alternative theory about the origin of the Xenomorph's after the original film, there was a theory among fan's that they had originated from hyperspace as the ancient alien ship had passed through it and were actually not native to our universe but from somewhere else.

Of course that would have wrecked the later movies that rewrote the original masterpiece to create film's that lacked the tension, the terror and the mystery of the first movie.

It remain's a masterpiece in it's own right, one that was never meant to have a sequel and one that was heavily copied in successive years though it has to be said one that owed itself a lot to earlier science fiction movies such as The Thing From Another World made in 1951 and better known as the original Thing movie later remade by John Carpenter.

Originally the original space jockey was supposed to be a completely alien species as well and not a giant human in a space suit, it had been the victim of we presumed the alien that had lain the egg's in the derelict space ship which may have lain dormant or thousands of even millions' of years before the Nostromo picked up it's signal and misinterpreted the alien warning message as a distress beacon.

The Later movies were good in there own right but were not true sequels as they had to re-imagine the alien xenomorph and later the space jockey (originally a non human species fossilized in it's control seat) to suit there plot lines.

And were would the series have been with the Work of H R Giger and his exceptionally weird and hideous art concept's.

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Those were all pretty good.

posted on May, 23 2019 @ 02:10 AM
link   
I've watched Harvest and Ore so far. I didn't realize Alien is 40 years old already and I love the effort involved. The execution so far is lack luster at best. Don't get me wrong, I've enjoyed them but I have some issues.

SPOILERS AHEAD

Nobody seems to know how the locator works in Harvest except the lady android. Where did the xenomorph come from? A vent in the ceiling or floor?

Insure vs ensure in Ore. Don't shoot them since we don't know what'll happen = putting the gun back down? They all have lamps on their helmets and are looking down a tunnel, but the xeno can't be seen?

I hope they get better from here.

ETA: I hate to be this guy, but why are all the main characters in these films women? Ripley is always going to be one of the best characters in all of sci-fi, but women make up just over half of the human population. Shouldn't men be the main characters in at least 2 of these 6 short films? Equality and all.

Overall I liked these. I also enjoyed Waterworld and Battlefield Earth so my opinion might not count for much lol.
edit on 5/23/19 by thov420 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2019 @ 07:09 AM
link   
a reply to: thov420
Woman get the best psychological reaction in horror scene's, men see them as vulnerable (even when they are not) and instinctively want to protect them, also we don't scream as well remember Arnie in the predator - his scream while fighting it sounded like a constipated gorilla.

posted on May, 23 2019 @ 07:21 AM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767
Lol Yes he did
, and I agree with you. I believe men protecting women extends way back to the first mammals, maybe even before that. Males can go off and defend their territory, and regardless if they succeed or not, the females are still around to have babies. It seems to be inherent to a lot/most life forms on Earth.

new topics

top topics

join