It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More Potential Ways NASA Doctors Photos

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2019 @ 08:56 PM
link   
So my curiosity has been re-sparked recently about Mars and all of the photos we have of it.

In scanning the pictures of Mars I realized that a lot of them are from the Rover - not the recon orbiter or HiRise.

So I started doing some hunting around on the HiRise website and starting doing more detailed reviews of pictures. Suffice to say, I’m confident there’s a lot more happening on mars, right now, than anyone appreciates or we’re being told.

Spend some time scanning cleaned up photos off the Recon orbiter or the HiRise and share what you can find!

But wait - what does “cleaned up” mean?

I mean NASA or JPL are definitely editing the photos. But it’s not just white washing and blurs any longer. I believe this is what they also do now to throw you off the scent:
- mess significantly with the color of the original photo to create illusions/depth perception issues/blend lines/etc.
- significantly darken shadows to make them look like black splotches.
- enhance the grain of the photo to make it very hard to clean up or sharpen the image.
- display the picture online in an orientation that’s not what the picture “should be” - eg upside down.
- provide inaccurate scale or positioning information to make you look at the picture inaccurately.

This means you are thrown way off from what’s actually in the picture and it’s NOT smudges or airbrushing.

I encourage you to go back through and old NASA color photos and adjust color settings/contrast/etc to bring a lot more detail out - NOT filtering! Brings out so much detail.

With this said - dig in on the HiRise and Recon cams! I encourage you to look at and follow the shadows... particularly if V, triangle or Diamond shaped and then think about what’s casting the shadow, for instance. Plenty of floating objects out there....

And as the time of my posting I can’t access the HiRISe website any longer and the rest of my internet works just fine....

posted on May, 21 2019 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Do you have any pictures as examples? I'd like to know what exactly you are seeing in any specific picture.

posted on May, 21 2019 @ 09:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: trustmeimdoctor
Do you have any pictures as examples? I'd like to know what exactly you are seeing in any picture.

posted on May, 21 2019 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I tend to think that when they do doctor their photos that it is simply with the goal of making them look more appealing and exciting to the public. NASA depends on government funds. If the public doesn't stay excited about space, they don't get paid.

SO....IMO, NASA wants the public to see stuff in a certain light.
edit on 21-5-2019 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2019 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Is it all possible that NASA 'doctors' imagery for exactly the same reasons you suggest your own methods of doctoring? To enhance detail and improve clarity?

Images from orbital probes are often upside down or inverted (check out Chandrayaan or the LRO images of the moon) not to hide things but because they are presenting the raw data exactly as it was derived - it depends on a variety of factors such as spacecraft direction.

As suggested - specific examples showing the surface that are probably not accurate or deliberately mislocated are needed here.

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 02:38 AM
link   
I just endorse the idea that there is widespread incompetence.

If stuff doesn't look right, it's not because they're trying to hide something.

It's just because they're a bunch of idiots.

"Genius" level analysis.

I've never been given reason to assume otherwise. They're just really poor at performing their jobs properly.
$2 Billion dollar rover.
Nokia 3100 era camera.

"Cutting edge"

Totally worth the 2 billion.

I can't wait until ESA blows NASA out of the water, with a significant Mars find within days of touching the Exomars rover down.

We'll get great questions such as... "We spent 2 billion dollars and couldn't confirm life in a decade, but Europe spends less and finds life in 10 minutes, why did we ever make Curiosity?"

You know, stuff like that. I feel that it's in NASA's best interest to push disclosure as quickly as possible, if they actually have any direct evidence. They're about to look like Grade A fools, and be the spitting image of a completely expendable part of the US budget. Bye bye NASA, if you're covering it up by the time exo touches down.

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 03:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Archivalist

We'll get great questions such as... "We spent 2 billion dollars and couldn't confirm life in a decade, but Europe spends less and finds life in 10 minutes, why did we ever make Curiosity?"

What European mission are your referring to?

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 04:32 AM
link   
From my experience working with a government contractor, IMO, NASA run by retired administrative military, their friends and relatives, a small scientific staff and some interns thrown in, also, contractors. The latter is why NASA has become a mediocre organization. Most are there to get paid and drum up reasons for more funding. If they were efficient, none would have a job for very long.

As for image clean up, raw images contain an abundance of noise that needs filtering and other image anomalies that need fixing. I don't believe they are hiding anything.

Many people that study the image are what I call pixel masters. These folks tend to find structures in examining images at a pixel by pixel basis. Richard Hoagland is one example.
edit on 22-5-2019 by eManym because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-5-2019 by eManym because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: EnigmaChaser

You are very far from alone in your belief, there have even been claim's of deliberate doctoring of photo's by former NASA and military personnel.

So the point is not are they tampering with images the public may find disturbing?.
But.
Why?.

And there are a number of reply's to that.
Religious.
Economic.
Social Stability.

And another take on economic - POWER and also NATIONAL SECURITY as any advanced alien past or present may have remnant's of or active technology which you want to have yourself but also to keep out of your enemy's hand's - a gamble they would certainly take in spite of other dangers such interaction with alien technology and entity's may bring/have brought with it.

You are also missing another avenue by which more modern and sophisticated technology may obscure such information, we today can encode data in images very easily and make them look like a normal picture until they are cracked using the correct cipher algorithm, real time obscuration of artifacts in image data may be actively taking place under the control of advanced image recognition software in the probes we send out there today - then the encoded information would likely be further destroyed by further altering the image once here before the public receive the now fully obscured image while a decoded original image would be delivered to which ever special department was in charge of such an operation.

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

So, what is a good example of a NASA photo doctored for the below listed reasons?

Religious.
Economic.
Social Stability.
edit on 22-5-2019 by neutronflux because: Fixed and edited

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: neutronflux

Now why don't I respond by asking you to prove that they do not obfuscate data.

alienanomalies.activeboard.com...
www.marsanomalyresearch.com...

You may be able to fool some of the people all of the time but you shall never be able to fool all of the people all of the time.

edit on 22-5-2019 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Now why don't I respond by asking you to prove that they do not obfuscate data.

So you cannot provide an example and proof for unfounded allegations. If you are making allegations and calling people out, it’s up to to provide proof.

The question was....
So, what is a good example of a NASA photo doctored for the below listed reasons?

Religious.
Economic.
Social Stability.

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Does anyone else remember a thread from a few years ago about someone who found evidence that NASA was editing images from the Mars rover BEFORE the image data was sent back to Earth? I think it was an IT worker who was called in to fix something on a computer and found odd code so they put it on a USB drive and studied it at home.

(post by LABTECH767 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 11:18 AM
link   

I can say NASA is ran by an Alien presence, and uses NASA to scrub evidence of their presence. Doesn’t amount to more than innuendo without actual proof.

If you are making allegations, and calling people out, it’s up to you to provide evidence a NASA photo was “doctored” for religious, economic, social stability, or nefarious reasons.

Can you cite an specific photo and create a argument around that photo?

Is it false there are many legitimate reasons to enhanced a photo that are not dependent on nefarious reasons.

I don’t trust the government. And I don’t trust people on YouTube that cannot provide actual evidence.

Sorry.

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 12:29 PM
link   
YES!!! This is a fantastic story - dont know how true it is but the writer is definitely knowledgeable about the subject!

astroengineer.wordpress.com...

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: PokeyJoe

That's the one!

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Not sure what all this rover fuss is about. We all know it is not on Mars. It's on Australia.

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 03:47 PM
link   
@flux
If the claim is that NASA doctors photos to hide a truth, the question is then why would they hide the truth? What is the motive.Those 3 things answer that question. They represent motive. Motive is debatable, but supportable.
So the question you’re purposely butchering in order to troll the convo per usual, is what photos support the claim that NASA doctors images.

And so videos with purported evidence of image tampering have been linked. Watch them or don’t.

Asking to prove the motives to tamper by showing an image tampered with motive is circular and you know it.

edit on 22-5-2019 by CajunMetal because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-5-2019 by CajunMetal because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: EnigmaChaser

Lots of people on here are pro/hobby photographers 40 years for me this year so post some links and explain what you think is wrong.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join