It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congresswoman Sheila Jackson Lee claimed there were multiple FISA Warrants

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2019 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Sheila Jackson Lee said in a closed hearing with xAG Loretta Lynch that there were more than just one "target" than Carter Page in FISA Warrants spanning from 2016 into 2017 !!!!!

She said this and was challenged by other Committee Members.

This could be real, however, She has made many gaffy and totally inaccurate statements in the past about high impact issues.

Some will guess she is just ignorant and mouthy, others will wait until this is verified one way or the other.

The classified transcripts have been released along with several others.

The Lynch hearings were in Dec 2018.

The transcript of the Dec. 19 Lynch Interview

Links to all new released transcripts...

Democrat claims four Trump campaign officials targeted by FISA investigations

Multiple Trump campaign officials were the subjects of Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act investigations, a Democratic lawmaker said in a closed-door hearing late last year.

If what Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee, D-Texas, says is true, the scope of the FBI's FISA efforts for its counterintelligence investigation into President Trump's 2016 campaign and its ties to Russia span far wider than previously known. So far, it is only confirmed that the FBI obtained FISA warrants targeting onetime Trump campaign aide Carter Page.

During a hearing on Dec. 19 with former Attorney General Loretta Lynch, the transcript of which was released on Monday, Jackson Lee mentioned three other individuals.

"I want to talk about the spring, summer, and autumn of 2016. Carter Page, at the time, was suspected of being a Russian asset; George Papadopoulos had told the Australian ambassador that Russians had Hillary [Clinton] emails; Paul Manafort had been named Trump campaign manager; Michael Flynn was Trump's chief national security adviser and foreign policy adviser and, just yesterday, had a continuance in his sentencing," Jackson Lee said. "One thing that all of these persons had in common was that each was the subject of a FISA Court investigation, which we now know, and all were directly connected to Trump. As attorney general, you had the authority to oversee FISA application process. Is that correct?"

"Is She Crazy Confused or Is It All Real?"

posted on May, 21 2019 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Sheila Jackson Lee is an idiot, and if she tells you the sky is blue you'd better take a look out the window to be sure.

posted on May, 21 2019 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan
Sheila Jackson Lee is an idiot, and if she tells you the sky is blue you'd better take a look out the window to be sure.

But if she says something which fits a favorable narrative, you quote her as a legitimate source

Woot! Woot! It's bombshell day

posted on May, 21 2019 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I've reached the point of believing nothing that is said without any real proof and or evidence. If a politician is talking you can bet your last pound (dollar) that they're either lying, telling porkies or talking Bullspit.

posted on May, 21 2019 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Loose lips sink ships.

posted on May, 21 2019 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Loose lips sink ships.

And She's already Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea 😆

edit on May-21-2019 by xuenchen because: 🍌🍌😎

posted on May, 21 2019 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

But if she says something which fits a favorable narrative, you quote her as a legitimate source

Any elected officials words are a legitimate news source.
Even when they say stupid #.

posted on May, 21 2019 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Had to See what Lynch response was to that on page 67 of the transcript for myself.

Lynch: Yes.

So apparently Lynch agreed that all four had fisa warrants.

posted on May, 21 2019 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: CynConcepts

Had to See what Lynch response was to that on page 67 of the transcript for myself.

Lynch: Yes.

So apparently Lynch agreed that all four had fisa warrants.

😎

posted on May, 21 2019 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Just saying if your title said that Loretta Lynch confirmed there were multiple FISA warrants, this thread would get a lot more notice. Jackson is a joke and many are probably just laughing and scrolling past this thread.

posted on May, 21 2019 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Any elected officials words are a legitimate news source.
Even when they say stupid #.

Agreed.

posted on May, 21 2019 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Mixed on this.Trump MAGA guy here.

I see this on both sides. If x says y, they are a lier, if x says a, they are telling the truth. And it is BS from both sides.

There are a few I trust, mostly from humanity's show...and they have been right for years. But anybody else, ehh.

posted on May, 21 2019 @ 06:55 PM
link   

What happened to that whole, “I believe her,” crap?

But either way you cut this:

1) she’s an idiot = looks bad for the dems and those who elected her...

2) she’s not = looks bad for the Russia!!! Narrative....

I’ll let you choose.

posted on May, 21 2019 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Sheila Jackson Lee said in a closed hearing with xAG Loretta Lynch that there were more than just one "target" than Carter Page in FISA Warrants spanning from 2016 into 2017 !!!!!

She said this and was challenged by other Committee Members.

This could be real, however, She has made many gaffy and totally inaccurate statements in the past about high impact issues.

Some will guess she is just ignorant and mouthy, others will wait until this is verified one way or the other.

The classified transcripts have been released along with several others.

The Lynch hearings were in Dec 2018.

The transcript of the Dec. 19 Lynch Interview

Links to all new released transcripts...

Democrat claims four Trump campaign officials targeted by FISA investigations

Multiple Trump campaign officials were the subjects of Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act investigations, a Democratic lawmaker said in a closed-door hearing late last year.

If what Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee, D-Texas, says is true, the scope of the FBI's FISA efforts for its counterintelligence investigation into President Trump's 2016 campaign and its ties to Russia span far wider than previously known. So far, it is only confirmed that the FBI obtained FISA warrants targeting onetime Trump campaign aide Carter Page.

During a hearing on Dec. 19 with former Attorney General Loretta Lynch, the transcript of which was released on Monday, Jackson Lee mentioned three other individuals.

"I want to talk about the spring, summer, and autumn of 2016. Carter Page, at the time, was suspected of being a Russian asset; George Papadopoulos had told the Australian ambassador that Russians had Hillary [Clinton] emails; Paul Manafort had been named Trump campaign manager; Michael Flynn was Trump's chief national security adviser and foreign policy adviser and, just yesterday, had a continuance in his sentencing," Jackson Lee said. "One thing that all of these persons had in common was that each was the subject of a FISA Court investigation, which we now know, and all were directly connected to Trump. As attorney general, you had the authority to oversee FISA application process. Is that correct?"

"Is She Crazy Confused or Is It All Real?"

It's highly likely that Congresswoman Lee is correct. The main point of a FISA warrant is to get the court to agree that the targeted individual US citizen is acting on behalf of a foreign power (either wittingly or unwittingly). If the court agrees that the evidence presented to it justifies designating a US citizen as a foreign agent, then the FBI can surveil that individual for counterintelligence purposes (that includes keeping track of who the suspect interacts with, intercepting their ongoing electronic communications, and going back into the NSA’s data base to retrieve old communications). Counterintelligence investigations of a US citizen means that the FBI is trying to figure out what that citizen is doing on behalf of the foreign power, what that foreign power is trying to achieve, and how to defeat that foreign power. If they uncover evidence of criminal activity by that citizen during the surveillance then the FBI can refer that evidence to the DOJ and they can bring criminal charges. But, a legitimate counterintelligence investigation that starts with a FISA warrant does not necessarily need to lead to any criminal charges. That’s exactly what happened with Carter Page.

Michael Flynn acknowledged that he had been acting as a foreign agent from the time he joined the Trump Campaign in mid-2016 until he was hired as national security adviser after Trump’s inauguration, when he belatedly registered as a foreign agent in March, 2017. Prior to his registering under the FARA act, Flynn was told by the FBI in January of 2017 that he was the target of a counterintelligence investigation. That would pretty much require a FISA warrant.

Paul Manafort likewise made a belated registration as a foreign agent in June 2017. It was reported in “The Hill” just before Trump’s inauguration that,

“On January 19, 2017 ….. Manafort was under active investigation by multiple federal agencies including the Central Intelligence Agency, National Security Agency, Federal Bureau of Investigation, Director of National Intelligence, and the financial crimes unit of the Treasury Department. Investigations were said to be based on intercepted Russian communications as well as financial transactions.”

In March, 2016 George Papadopolous met with Joseph Mifsud and Olga Polonskaya in London. At that meeting, he was told that the Russians had “dirt” on Hillary Clinton and wanted to share it with the Trump Campaign. In the following few months, he tried on multiple occasions to set up a meeting between Putin and Trump. When interviewed about this by the FBI in 2017, he lied about it and the FBI knew he was lying. They eventually got him to plead guilty to lying to the FBI about this matter.

According to several different newspaper reports, the CIA received tips from the intelligence services of 7 different friendly countries, starting in December 2015, to the effect that they were intercepting communications between Russians and various members of the Trump campaign. Following these tips, CIA Director John Brennan said that he stepped up the US monitoring of Russian communications throughout the Spring and Summer of 2016. So, it’s very likely that by July of 2016 when the FBI’s Operation Crossfire Hurricane started, they already had a substantial number of signals intercepts that would allow them to get FISA warrants against Page, Flynn, Manafort, and Papadopolous.

It would be surprising if there WEREN’T FISA warrants against those 4.

posted on May, 21 2019 @ 09:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: 1947boomer

In March, 2016 George Papadopolous met with Joseph Mifsud and Olga Polonskaya in London. At that meeting, he was told that the Russians had “dirt” on Hillary Clinton and wanted to share it with the Trump Campaign. In the following few months, he tried on multiple occasions to set up a meeting between Putin and Trump. When interviewed about this by the FBI in 2017, he lied about it and the FBI knew he was lying. They eventually got him to plead guilty to lying to the FBI about this matter.

I have not heard about this, do you have a link? I'd be curious to learn about it.

Mostly about trying to setup a meeting between Putin and Trump, I'd like to see a source.
edit on 21-5-2019 by thedigirati because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Said in a closed hearing?

THE END...

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 06:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: thedigirati

originally posted by: 1947boomer

I have not heard about this, do you have a link? I'd be curious to learn about it.

Mostly about trying to setup a meeting between Putin and Trump, I'd like to see a source.

I would also like to see a source for this. I don't think it happened. IE- Fake News.

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 07:05 AM
link   

I don't think I understand why this maters?

What would this change if it's true?

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 07:16 AM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

instead of ONE "misfiled" FISA warrent there would be 4 times as many errors, in other words the FBI was 4 times as dumb as we think now.

Or there was 4 times as much treason as we think now.

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 07:25 AM
link   
a reply to: thedigirati

instead of ONE "misfiled" FISA

That would have to be proven first in a court.

What happens if they are found to not be misfiled? Just hypothetically.

<<   2 >>

join