It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rep. Elijah Cummings accused of major pay-for-play corruption.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2019 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Developing: Democrat Chairman of House Oversight Committee and Wife Accused of Massive Pay-to-Play Scandal

A watchdog group has filed an IRS complaint accusing Elijah Cummings, the chair of the House Oversite Committee, of deriving illegal personal benefit from his position. It seems that a charity run by his wife has raked in millions of dollars in donations, much of it from companies with business before Cummings' committee (like Google and JP Morgan). Also, it seems that Mr. Cummings used to be in debt, but these days seems to be rolling in money.

Hmmm. What does this remind me of? Of yeah, these guys.

posted on May, 21 2019 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

lol, yeah...I'm pretty sure all 535 of these folks are guilty of this sort of thing...mind you Cummings and all the others that point fingers and yell the loudest, usually have the most skeletons.

posted on May, 21 2019 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Good news. He was protecting hillary too . Loved it when try gowdy called him out on it

posted on May, 21 2019 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Well.....I'm just shocked. SHOCKED, I say.

posted on May, 21 2019 @ 12:59 PM
link   

I find this hard to believe!

So what you're implying is he gets money (lot's of it) in a round about way because of his powerful position? Maybe he watched one of those 'get out of debt' DVD's. Maybe he and his wife don't eat out.

I find it completely plausible a person making $174k a year can amass a net wealth of millions of dollars in just a few years. It's simple math really. $174,000 x 5 years = $25 million dollars (after taxes of course).

He would not be on the Oversight Committee if he was dishonest. I mean, where would he find time to shake down entities before his committee if all his time is spent oversighting?

posted on May, 21 2019 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: ABNARTY
It's no more outrageous than Maxine
Waters (regularly listed as the most corrupt person in congress) being the head of the Financial Services Committee. Look her up on Wikipedia some time. She grew up in a poor family, and held only menial jobs before she entered politics.

She currently lives in a mansion in Southern California. She's probably richer than everyone else in her poor-ass ghetto district combined. (Her mansion isn't even within the boundaries of her district.) Where did she get that money? There doesn't seem to be any legitimate source for it.

posted on May, 21 2019 @ 01:26 PM
link   

My apologies. I was trying my hand at sarcasm.

I have no doubt ol' Maxine and the rest of 'em are milking that cow 24/7.

posted on May, 21 2019 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Most of these longtime congressmen are corrupt, particularly CBC members. This is part of the long con. Elijah and his ilk buck dance and boot lick for their white liberal slave masters. The corral the black vote. In return for selling out, they get to enrich themselves.

posted on May, 21 2019 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Also, it seems that Mr. Cummings used to be in debt, but these days seems to be rolling in money.

Well when insider trading isn't illegal for congressmen. You can guess what's gonna happen.

posted on May, 21 2019 @ 06:40 PM
link   
It's almost like they all do this and we the people are supposed to go in there from time to time and flush out all these losers.

Hell, it might have even been written down somewhere at some point.

posted on May, 21 2019 @ 07:51 PM
link   
That swamp drain may have just gotten a bit of an opening. Elijah takes a shameful approach. I saw a clip where some black women for some women's charity asked him what type of Negro he was? Holy w the? Might have been Ingraham or one of the Fox opinion jockey's. But who ever it was, said they don't get to talk like that on their show. I was surprised to hear ow she defended herself saying basically he was a sellout in her estimation.

posted on May, 21 2019 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

That's probably the truth and you would think that they would expect someone to go digging for those skeletons and just keep their mouths shut.

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 05:47 PM
link   
August 9, 2019

LOL..the best defender Elijah Cummings can find is the crooked AL SHARPTON?

Sharpton Heckled by Baltimore Residents: twitter.com...

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan He killed himself in a way to protect his friends. He knew he was going down like the rest. It's over for the Dems.

top topics

join