It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BILL BARR Became DOJ Attorney General Because He Wanted To Help Drain The Swamp.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on May, 21 2019 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Monday, April 20, 2019

This excerpt from an Interview Attorney General Bill Barr granted to the Wall Street Journal this weekend, answers quite a few questions.

It appears that Mr. Barr offered himself as Jeff Session's replacement months ago. Knowing in advance how Barr felt, President Trump eagerly accepted, and nominated him to lead the Department of Justice.

Attorney General William Barr says he wants to preserve the presidency, not necessarily protect President Trump.

I felt the rules were being changed to hurt Trump, and I thought it was damaging for the presidency over the long haul,” Barr told the Wall Street Journal, explaining why he accepted the opportunity to return as head of the Justice Department. Barr previously was attorney general during George H.W. Bush’s presidency.

“At every grace juncture the presidency has done what it is supposed to do, which is to provide leadership and direction,” Barr said.

“If you destroy the presidency and make it an errand boy for Congress, we’re going to be a much weaker and more divided nation.”
More at: www.washingtonexaminer.com...

In June of 2018, private citizen/former AG William Barr sent a 19 page letter to Rod Rosenstein. He didn't think Mueller should be investigating President Trump for possibly "Obstructing Justice".

William Barr, President Donald Trump’s choice to lead the Justice Department, has provided lawmakers a copy of his June memo to department officials, lambasting special counsel Robert Mueller III’s possible inquiry into whether Trump committed obstruction of justice.

The letter, which Barr wrote as a “former official,” is addressed to U.S. Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein and Steven Engel, a former Dechert partner who now heads DOJ’s Office of Legal Counsel.
Source incl. the Letter here: www.law.com...

I wonder how William Barr knew that Special Counsel Mueller had shifted his investigation from Collusion to Obstruction, way back in June 2018?

At any rate, it's pretty clear that President Trump didn't merely "get lucky" in picking the right A.G. for draining the swamp this time.

Terminating Mueller's "Get Trump" witch-hunt, followed by investigations into the origins of that witch-hunt, along with how Bob Mueller conducted the Democrat-led probe of President Trump, was pre-planned!

-CareWeMust

edit on 5/21/2019 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2019 @ 02:44 AM
link   
UPDATE/INFO:

Fox News' host Sean Hannity told his audience Monday that a barrage of news information will be released in the coming days and weeks that will prove that "Trump-Russia collusion" was a "hoax from the get-go" and called for secret FBI transcripts to made public.

"At this hour, your federal government is in possession of transcripts from 2016 featuring secretly recorded conversations between FBI informants and one-time trump campaign aide George Papadopoulos," Hannity said in his monologue.

"According to those who have seen these transcripts, its contents are chock-full of clear irrefutable, incontrovertible, exculpatory evidence proving Trump-Russia collusion was always a hoax from the get-go. This includes former congressman Trey Gowdy who is now calling these documents 'game changing.'"
Source: www.foxnews.com...

BILL BARR HAS SEEN THESE TRANSCRIPTS...AND MORE. They (in part) caused him to make the emotional statement shown in the O.P. of this ATS thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 21 2019 @ 05:27 AM
link   

+4 more 
posted on May, 21 2019 @ 05:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut
a reply to: carewemust

Jobs for the boys (from Collins English Dictionary).

Sorry. He was already AG once. Definitely qualified.

posted on May, 21 2019 @ 06:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Monday, April 20, 2019

This excerpt from an Interview Attorney General Bill Barr granted to the Wall Street Journal this weekend, answers quite a few questions.

It appears that Mr. Barr offered himself as Jeff Session's replacement months ago. Knowing in advance how Barr felt, President Trump eagerly accepted, and nominated him to lead the Department of Justice.

Attorney General William Barr says he wants to preserve the presidency, not necessarily protect President Trump.

I felt the rules were being changed to hurt Trump, and I thought it was damaging for the presidency over the long haul,” Barr told the Wall Street Journal, explaining why he accepted the opportunity to return as head of the Justice Department. Barr previously was attorney general during George H.W. Bush’s presidency.

“At every grace juncture the presidency has done what it is supposed to do, which is to provide leadership and direction,” Barr said.

“If you destroy the presidency and make it an errand boy for Congress, we’re going to be a much weaker and more divided nation.”
More at: www.washingtonexaminer.com...

In June of 2018, private citizen/former AG William Barr sent a 19 page letter to Rod Rosenstein. He didn't think Mueller should be investigating President Trump for possibly "Obstructing Justice".

William Barr, President Donald Trump’s choice to lead the Justice Department, has provided lawmakers a copy of his June memo to department officials, lambasting special counsel Robert Mueller III’s possible inquiry into whether Trump committed obstruction of justice.

The letter, which Barr wrote as a “former official,” is addressed to U.S. Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein and Steven Engel, a former Dechert partner who now heads DOJ’s Office of Legal Counsel.
Source incl. the Letter here: www.law.com...

I wonder how William Barr knew that Special Counsel Mueller had shifted his investigation from Collusion to Obstruction, way back in June 2018?

At any rate, it's pretty clear that President Trump didn't merely "get lucky" in picking the right A.G. for draining the swamp this time.

Terminating Mueller's "Get Trump" witch-hunt, followed by investigations into the origins of that witch-hunt, along with how Bob Mueller conducted the Democrat-led probe of President Trump, was pre-planned!

-CareWeMust

Bill barr helped create the FISA abuse system and warrantless bulk data collections as well as an architect for the patriot act.

Tribalism has destroyed any sense of reality or values.

The only value now is to beat the other guy. Doesn't matter if you destroy the constitution on the way as long as you beat the other team.

posted on May, 21 2019 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Bill Barr became attorney general because he wrote an essay about how the president couldn't obstruct justice.

Then he acted on those thoughts by disregarding everything in the Muller report.

The world isn't buying this revisionist history. Sorry.

posted on May, 21 2019 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Hannity is trying to make a news story out of things that are over and done.

I heard trump criticize Fox News the other day when they hosted a town hall featuring Pete Buttigieg so Hannity had to trot this chestnut out of the closet to show his continued devotion and loyalty to the pres.

Why you don't see it for what it is really baffles me.
So easily dazzled and distracted ... SAD!

posted on May, 21 2019 @ 07:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

I heard trump criticize Fox News the other day when they hosted a town hall featuring Pete Buttigieg so Hannity had to trot this chestnut out of the closet to show his continued devotion and loyalty to the pres.

Apparently none of Us can see it for what it really is...a group of People playing 2 sides to keep the people bickering about "Their side". Its all a shell game and We are the idiots that keep playing.

posted on May, 21 2019 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Patriot act William Barr? The same William Barr that made up his mind about the Mueller report over a year ago, without reading it and before the investigation was even complete?

You guys have a funny definition of "drain the swamp". If you really want to drain the swamp try relying on someone other than swamp thing and his merry band of swamp creatures to do it.

posted on May, 21 2019 @ 07:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Can you share the source showing Trump criticizing Fox News over doing this town hall featuring Buttigieg (snickers...I know, it's childish, but I cannot help but giggle at his name)! In German giegte is the verb past tense for fiddled. Lol.

I have a difficult time believing Trump would be criticizing Fox news instead of specifically criticizing the actual Dem candidate featured.

edit on 5 21 2019 by CynConcepts because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2019 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
Patriot act William Barr? The same William Barr that made up his mind about the Mueller report over a year ago, without reading it and before the investigation was even complete?

You guys have a funny definition of "drain the swamp". If you really want to drain the swamp try relying on someone other than swamp thing and his merry band of swamp creatures to do it.

Swamp draining was just to keep people quiet temporarily until they forgot, which it seems most have. Business as usual. Doesn't help to drain a swamp when everlasting acid rain keeps filling it back up.

posted on May, 21 2019 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

I have a difficult time believing Trump would be criticizing Fox news instead of specifically criticizing the actual Dem candidate featured.

trumps triggered...

www.rawstory.com...

posted on May, 21 2019 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Yea everyone saw this investigation for what it was immediately. Just go back to 2016 and read all the threads of conservative posters proving Trump was being spied on while the left here on ATS denied it. Everything we called out over the past 2 years has come out as truth and everything the left wing media and politicians have said has come up false. It's easy to know the truth when you operate in reality. Try it sometime.

The liberal Hill disagrees!

Two scenarios on Trump-Russia investigators - and neither is comforting

posted on May, 21 2019 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

trumps triggered...

www.rawstory.com...

Thank you. I do appreciate the linking. It allowed me to find other sources as well. It does appear that Trump is frustrated that all the media seem to attack him in interviews but pander and play nice with everyone else. I always assumed Fox would be a little tougher interviewing other politicians too.

I have been corrected in that opinion.

posted on May, 21 2019 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Good Post - up to the very last...

originally posted by: carewemust
BILL BARR HAS SEEN THESE TRANSCRIPTS...AND MORE. They (in part) caused him to make the emotional statement shown in the O.P. of this ATS thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Sorry - video, or it didn't happen.

An anonymous quote from 'Q' does not qualify as anything approaching true.

Maybe he did, maybe he didn't, but you shouldn't go around pronouncing it as fact when it is about as far from fact as you can get.

posted on May, 21 2019 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: theatreboy

originally posted by: chr0naut

Jobs for the boys (from Collins English Dictionary).

Sorry. He was already AG once. Definitely qualified.

That's one reason why Barr has such calm confidence. But it did surprise me when Barr told the Congressional committee that he was struggling to "get his arms around" the Spygate scandal. Must be massive.

posted on May, 21 2019 @ 09:46 AM
link   
President Trump criticized Fox News over Bernie Sanders's Town Hall a few weeks ago. He criticized Andrew Napolitano and Sheppard Smith 3 weeks ago also.

President Trump criticizes and praises who he feels deserves it. Hopefully, most of us are honest with people like that.

edit on 5/21/2019 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2019 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Just one side of the swamp fighting the other.

posted on May, 21 2019 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: ATruGod

But I'm at least having fun.

posted on May, 21 2019 @ 10:49 AM
link   

It was a shot from a rally he did this week.
Isn't he always having a rally.
The party was always in his dorm room I bet.
I believe he tweeted about them too.
edit on 5212019 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join